By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How well will Captain Toad sell?

I don't see any chance it ends up selling more than something like Donkey Kong Country, which one of Nintendo's bigger IP.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:

Well they have Splatoon coming out, so we`ll se how well that does...

Yea for sure, but see that's another problem I think. When Nintendo does try something new it's just so...goofy. I'm not sure Splatoon will be a hype machine as it were.

phaedruss said:
KLXVER said:

Yea for sure, but see that's another problem I think. When Nintendo does try something new it's just so...goofy. I'm not sure Splatoon will be a hype machine as it were.

Well if you dont like goofy, then you need to stay the hell away from a Nintendo console.lol

They have tried some more serious games, but they all do pretty bad...

KLXVER said:
phaedruss said:
KLXVER said:

Well if you dont like goofy, then you need to stay the hell away from a Nintendo console.lol

They have tried some more serious games, but they all do pretty bad...

What more serious games have they tried? Goofy's fine, it's just that when everything they do is just goofy as hell and silly it's hard to take it seriously.

1 million holidays
3.5 million LT
Price has to be right for these sales
$40 being the best but it probably be $50.
I know pre sales say $60 but I don't believe that to be the real price.

Around the Network
phaedruss said:

What more serious games have they tried? Goofy's fine, it's just that when everything they do is just goofy as hell and silly it's hard to take it seriously.

Geist, Disaster: Day Of Crisis, Eternal Darkness among others...

KLXVER said:
phaedruss said:

Geist, Disaster: Day Of Crisis, Eternal Darkness among others...

2 decade old games almost and then an obscure wii title that no one has even heard of. That's ANOTHER problem they don't put enough support into their new ideas. A few tries here and there and they don't succeed or do as well as they hoped and so they just give up lol.

phaedruss said:

2 decade old games almost and then an obscure wii title that no one has even heard of. That's ANOTHER problem they don't put enough support into their new ideas. A few tries here and there and they don't succeed or do as well as they hoped and so they just give up lol.

Well theyve invested in Bayonetta 2 and The Devils Third, so if those do well, they might do stuff like that more often.

500 k this holiday, 1.5 million lifetime.

300k Holiday

900k LTD

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287