By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The trend of deliberately looking for negativity of your favorite company

Skidonti said:

I feel like many missed the point of the topic. This isn't about people complaining about their favorite companies or about being happy with the industry. This is about people seeking out articles that attack their favorite company just so they can get riled up about it and play a victim to hate.

Which happens sometimes.

Well firstly, "(it) happens sometimes" does not equal a trend.

Secondly, almost everything happens sometimes.

Thirdly, I have not seen what you are talking about except when it is done out of ignorance.

Around the Network

just complainers and whiners...

This is an interesting thread. I could have sworn it was going to be about the "Uss Y" and feature an introspective of threads about GameSpot reviews.

I blame PS3.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

IkePoR said:
Because I should be "happy" when companies dig content from my $60 game and try to sell it back to me. I should be "happy" when content is taken from my game and sold to me in "pre order only" fashion. I should be "happy" when my game has on disc DLC, download only multiplayer codes and always online DRM.

Yeah, keep on smiling.

Buy better games and be happy.

Around the Network
AZWification said:

Weird! I don't seem to notice those kinds of fans THAT often...  

Maybe it's because I've been banned for 90% of last month.

DaveyBoy88 said:
IkePoR said:
Because I should be "happy" when companies dig content from my $60 game and try to sell it back to me. I should be "happy" when content is taken from my game and sold to me in "pre order only" fashion. I should be "happy" when my game has on disc DLC, download only multiplayer codes and always online DRM.

Yeah, keep on smiling.

Go back in time and crack open a fresh $60 SNES game with a wopping 4MB of content and 1/500 the amount of man hours that are put into games nowadays. Factor in inflation and...

realize that you are being utterly ridiculous. Gaming, as with all technology, as just become cheaper and cheaper. IF YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED, many AAA studios are drowning due to the huge costs involved in developing a game.

People like you irritate me. Mainly because you display a complete lack of insight and perspective. But also because you are all over the place and incredibly self-righteous.

Here's a quote discussing your very point, about how FromSoftware was pleased with the 2 Million sales "Dark Souls" recieved.  

"Obviously, Dark Souls didn't cost as much to make. I mean---Resident Evil 6 had a dev team of six-hundred. Tomb Raider had to pay for extravagant hair physics and Hollywood actors.  Dark Souls can't be compared to Tomb Raider I'm told, because Dark Souls didn't have to pay Hollywood actors or build a brand new engine---but neither did Tomb Raider. I'm sick and tired of being told that AAA games are being forced as if by invisible gunpoint to invest decadent amounts of money in their games to the point where they need to sell more copies than reality itself is capable of providing. That's not a defense, that's just bad, bad, terribly bad, bad, and terribly bad business." - Jim Sterling

I'm sorry you see the truth as "utterly riduculous" and "irritating".

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

I don't understand how people research for negative articles, I only post articles when I happen upon them, positive or negative.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

DaveyBoy88 said:
IkePoR said:

Yeah, keep on smiling.

Go back in time and crack open a fresh $60 SNES game with a wopping 4MB of content and 1/500 the amount of man hours that are put into games nowadays. Factor in inflation and...

realize that you are being utterly ridiculous. Gaming, as with all technology, as just become cheaper and cheaper. IF YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED, many AAA studios are drowning due to the huge costs involved in developing a game.

People like you irritate me. Mainly because you display a complete lack of insight and perspective. But also because you are all over the place and incredibly self-righteous.

I like the way you post.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

IkePoR said:
DaveyBoy88 said:
IkePoR said:

Yeah, keep on smiling.

Here's a quote discussing your very point, about how FromSoftware was pleased with the 2 Million sales "Dark Souls" recieved.  

"Obviously, Dark Souls didn't cost as much to make. I mean---Resident Evil 6 had a dev team of six-hundred. Tomb Raider had to pay for extravagant hair physics and Hollywood actors.  Dark Souls can't be compared to Tomb Raider I'm told, because Dark Souls didn't have to pay Hollywood actors or build a brand new engine---but neither did Tomb Raider. I'm sick and tired of being told that AAA games are being forced as if by invisible gunpoint to invest decadent amounts of money in their games to the point where they need to sell more copies than reality itself is capable of providing. That's not a defense, that's just bad, bad, terribly bad, bad, and terribly bad business." - Jim Sterling

I'm sorry you see the truth as "utterly riduculous" and "irritating".

Even costing less than TR it also wouldn't profit if they sold 500k. Squarenix tough they would sell enough to profit and were pushing boundaries, they misscalculated. But I preffer that than stagnation. Let Souls coexist with GTA and indies the market should keep diversified in genre, costs and sells.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."