By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The trend of deliberately looking for negativity of your favorite company

I dont know.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Do you have examples? Usually I only see negative articles posted by the fans of the competitor.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=186397&page=1

And the general attitude of looking for negative articles only to complain about those.

I feel like many missed the point of the topic. This isn't about people complaining about their favorite companies or about being happy with the industry. This is about people seeking out articles that attack their favorite company just so they can get riled up about it and play a victim to hate.

Which happens sometimes.

It's funny how you've only started noticing it with "The First of They". The thread you linked is the only example I can think of.

morenoingrato said:
vivster said:
Do you have examples? Usually I only see negative articles posted by the fans of the competitor.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=186397&page=1

And the general attitude of looking for negative articles only to complain about those.

Why did you start a new thread just for this instead of complaining in there?

Anyways, it was a stupid article, so I don't see an issue. I wouldn't have made a thread about it either, but it doesn't bother me that he did.

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:

It's been going for a while now, and I've noticed it has increased lately with the upcoming... erm.... let's call it "The First of They" to maintain secrecy. Negativity has always been an issue in gaming but it seems fans are trying to deliberately find negativity posts and articles only to post them and complain about those.

Seriously, its no worse than it was 5 years ago, only now people try to victimize themselves even further. It has become an annoying trend and its hard to sympathize with those that keep complaining their game is "overhated" when it's nothing new to begin with.

People like attention and so they post things that will get them what they crave. 

Well Nintendo is still kind of my favorite but i would like their games PS4 so, i guess i kind of qualify.

Gamers in general online are incredibly whiny and annoying.

Gamers in general in real life are kind, accepting, and fun to be around.

I never understand why this is.

All point of views should be discussed... if someone of the fanbase post a criticizing article and complain about it we call it victmizing, if is from the other fanbase it is trolling or digging... so we shouldn't ever discuss the threads that oppose our point of view?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

IkePoR said:
Because I should be "happy" when companies dig content from my $60 game and try to sell it back to me. I should be "happy" when content is taken from my game and sold to me in "pre order only" fashion. I should be "happy" when my game has on disc DLC, download only multiplayer codes and always online DRM.

Yeah, keep on smiling.

Go back in time and crack open a fresh $60 SNES game with a wopping 4MB of content and 1/500 the amount of man hours that are put into games nowadays. Factor in inflation and...

realize that you are being utterly ridiculous. Gaming, as with all technology, as just become cheaper and cheaper. IF YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED, many AAA studios are drowning due to the huge costs involved in developing a game.

People like you irritate me. Mainly because you display a complete lack of insight and perspective. But also because you are all over the place and incredibly self-righteous.