By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - TLOU:R isn't worth it

DerNebel said:
BMaker11 said:

Actually, the first release is still MSRP $40 and $30+ secondhand shipped ($20+ disc only). So not "much less than $50". Factor in the DLC via season pass and asking $50 for the game is the exactly correct cost at worst, and a great value at best. 

Don't forget that the season pass isn't available anymore, if you want all the DLC that is included in the Remaster then you'll have to pay $40 ($35 if Grounded mode isn't included in the Remaster). Saying that you can simply get TLOU on PS3 with all the DLC for less (or even much less) than the Remaster is a straight up lie.

In that case, it makes the Remaster look even better, compared to the original release. I only started talking about the Season Pass because I was adapted to apparent new evidence, when I had this discussion in other threads, to remain consistant. But the Season Pass not being available anymore would explain why I didn't know about it when I looked up "TLOU DLC" to make a post in a different thread. I figured when you look up DLC, a season pass should be the first thing that pops up, and it doesn't for TLOU. But I continued talking about one just to comply and move the discussion forward.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Linking more varying Ebay auction prices is only making my case for me, friend. And hilarious that I am supposedly derailing the thread for some Halo BS I never even came close to mentioning or factoring into my post (seems you're the one derailing there).

You linked some secondhand prices to show value, I just thought I would post some as well to show how pointless they are. You apparently agree and are posting even more showing an even wider range of "value".

I don't see how so. You're trying to undermine TLOU by finding one or two postings, few and far between that didn't sell for much, to say "look, you're wrong!" when the majority of the listing are in the price range I'm talking about, not what you're talking about. My 60GB Xbox 360 Pro only sold for $75 when I sold it, when most were selling for $150+ in 2009. Does that mean my 360 was indicative of the trend of what Pro 360s were going for at the time? No! I just got unlucky and not many people saw my auction (a lot like the ones you listed that didn't have many bids).

And you didn't have to say anything about Halo. I know that your beef with the "value argument" only stems from me showing that the MCC isn't this big lucrative super all-in-one package that you guys are making it out to be and are hyped for, because you can get most of the package right now for a little under what the collection is going to cost. So you bring that beef into a TLOU thread, and you undermine TLOU as much as you can to make it seem like it's a not a good deal either, as you've done in other threads (you think your posting mentality/habits don't cross over into other threads, with memory of prior threads? You're not different from anyone else). But if what DerNebel says is true, that means I was correct in my very first assessment of the "value", in that the DLC is still $35 or higher for TLOU, meaning even your couple of $15 auctions you found, plus $35+ DLC = the "exact correct cost at worst" for the remaster, so I was still correct, even with your dubious suggestions.

But thanks for completely ignoring how I pointed out how irrelevant your post was since the guy I was responding to was talking about the original release being heavily discounted, something that happens at retail, and being much less than $50, and I showed that it wasn't, retail or otherwise (the bulk of my post).

Around the Network

People who jumped from Xbox and Nintendo to PS4, will enjoy this game a lot.

I played it on PS3 and would be fine to rebuy it on PS4.

Zero999 said:

bolded: unless it goes multi, the same people who didn't play the ps3 version won't play this one. and by your logic, every multi million seller has to be rereleased one year later.

False, considering the information we have on folks who went from Xbox to PS this gen.

Hynad said:
Zero999 said:
Dante_6667 said:
I don't know why people complain about things they don't have any plans on buying ...you want people to notice you? or can't you afford it with all those extra costs battlefield 4 and ghosts is costing you on top of the over priced tag it started with ( obviously doesn't apply to everyone )...this game deserves a re-release because so many didn't try the ps3 version so they missed out ( they should remaster the Uncharted series also for more Uncharted 4 hype)...its as simple as this, if you don't want this game then don't waste your time complaining about it and go talk about the game you do like so you don't make yourself look like a douche...

I wont read the replies ( if any ) because quite frankly the only opinion I care about when I am gaming is my own...happy gaming.

bolded: unless it goes multi, the same people who didn't play the ps3 version won't play this one. and by your logic, every multi million seller has to be rereleased one year later.

Of course... Because only people who had a PS3 are now buying the PS4... ¬_¬

Do you have better arguments, or is this all you've got?

Do you have any argument at all? he says it deserves a rerelease because of the people who didn't play. it's releasing on a system of the same brand, meaning most users will be the same as ps3. and as I said, the same logic would imply every big selling game should be rereleased.

↑ Just inform yourself for once

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/06/13/sony-says-31-of-ps4-owners-owned-only-a-wii-or-xbox-360-in-the-previous-generation/

Around the Network
DerNebel said:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/06/13/sony-says-31-of-ps4-owners-owned-only-a-wii-or-xbox-360-in-the-previous-generation/

so, a whooping 2.5kk base (if true). and only a fraction may buy. now, what about the other games that deserves a rerelease, acording to the original post's logic?

in the end, we go back to the start: it's a rerelease of a one year old game. the effort could be better spent elsewhere.

Zero999 said:
DerNebel said:

so, a whooping 2.5kk base (if true). and only a fraction may buy. now, what about the other games that deserves a rerelease, acording to the original post's logic?

in the end, we go back to the start: it's a rerelease of a one year old game. the effort could be better spent elsewhere.

When is the right time to re-release a game, exactly?

Is it after a set number of years? Or is it when there's a demand for the product?

There is a demand for a PS4 version of The Last of Us. So what's the big deal? 

Nintendo could have spent the energy and budget they used for WW HD on an actual new Zelda for the console. I don't see you complain about it.

Oh... right... Only the age of a game is important to consider when re-releasing a game.
 Demand for the product isn't to be considered ever. ¬_¬

Zero999 said:
DerNebel said:

Read the article, not just the headline. 48% of current PS4 owners according to this survey have not owned a PS3.

It's not up to you to decide what game deserves a rerelease, this game was wanted on PS4 since its release on PS3 and it will easily beat the 1 million mark on the new system (2 million+ is pretty probable actually), so who are you to say that the amount of effort, that had to be put into this, wasn't invested perfectly here?

Hynad said:
Zero999 said:

When is the right time to re-release a game, exactly?

Is it after a set number of years? Or is it when there's a demand for the product?

There is a demand for a PS4 version of The Last of Us. So what's the big deal? 

Nintendo could have spent the energy and budget they used for WW HD on an actual new Zelda for the console. I don't see you complain about it.

Oh... right... Only the age of a game is important to consider when re-releasing a game.
 Demand for the product isn't to be considered ever. ¬_¬

bold: no zelda would be built from the ground in a few months and with a ridiculously small team. try gain.

bold 2: again, this is a ONE year old game.

DerNebel said:
Zero999 said:

Read the article, not just the headline. 48% of current PS4 owners according to this survey have not owned a PS3.

It's not up to you to decide what game deserves a rerelease, this game was wanted on PS4 since its release on PS3 and it will easily beat the 1 million mark on the new system (2 million+ is pretty probable actually), so who are you to say that the amount of effort, that had to be put into this, wasn't invested perfectly here?

bold: sure, it's up to logic to do that. and I'm using it to point why this game SHOULDN'T get a rerelease right NOW.

bold 2: No. I'd say 1kk maybe, not the hugest struggle but certainly not easily. 2kk, no.