By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - TLOU:R isn't worth it

Zero999 said:

what? I said maybe and it doesn't make the remaster any less unecessary. too soon.

and how is sony suposed to "make sure" the bolded happens? it's not exactly in their hands.

Wtf would be the difference between releasing it now or 5 years from now?

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Zero999 said:

what? I said maybe and it doesn't make the remaster any less unecessary. too soon.

and how is sony suposed to "make sure" the bolded happens? it's not exactly in their hands.

You're still going around the question. Explain, once and for all, why you say it is too soon, despite the demand for it.

what "demand for it" are you talking about? demand would be higher with proper timing and proper remastering. if they wanted to remaster something, an older game was the answer.

Zero999 said:
Hynad said:
Zero999 said:

You're still going around the question. Explain, once and for all, why you say it is too soon, despite the demand for it.

what "demand for it" are you talking about? demand would be higher with proper timing and proper remastering. if they wanted to remaster something, an older game was the answer.

I guess Pong remastered would sell billions then!?

Raziel123 said:
Zero999 said:

Wtf would be the difference between releasing it now or 5 years from now?

read bellow. proper remastering and better sales.

Zero999 said:

read bellow. proper remastering and better sales.

proper? so you want them to waste even more time remastering a game instead of making a new one?

Not to mention it's actually a better idea to release now.. Because as this gen goes on, the graphical expectations will keep going up as great looking games are released, so TLOUR in 5 years would look more dated than TLOUR this year, even if it had some more work put into it.

better sales? Nope..it would sell less. There'll be less interested/demand for a remaster of TLOU once all the 2015 and 2016 games get released. You already know that many games sell better in a console's early life than they would later and you also know why, we see it all the time.

Around the Network

Zero999 saying the game would sell more if "any arbitrary conditions happens" is funny since he never predict anything right by a couple millions margin. So now I rest safe that sony made the best choice.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Zero999 said:
DerNebel said:

Oh, logic of course....

Funny how you just freaking destroyed your own logic by admitting that the game should hit 1 million (and it will most likely hit 2, Sony will make sure of at least that, they want TLOU to become huge this gen), if you can remaster a game by putting relatively little effort into it and have it sell at least a million copies, then it'd be completely freaking illogical to not do it.

Well, it's not maybe, 1 million is pretty much a given. And it does certainly make it less unnecessary, if Sony wants this series to be big then it's a pretty good start to have the first game on the system and if people want it on PS4, then it's not up to you to say "No, it's too soon for that"

And lol, yeah Sony can't do anything to make the game sell, they can't bundle it at all...

Zero999 said:
Hynad said:
Zero999 said:

Okay, Wind Waker HD (an older title with proper timing and proper remastering) seems to reach a million retail sales in the next few weeks... in the 10th month after its release.

So how many months do you think TLOS:R will need to reach this 1 million milestone?

Perhaps someone should make a poll about it... I won't add fuel to the fire and start another TLOU:R thread.

mornelithe said:
Zero999 said:
mornelithe said:

It's a remaster that costs $5 more than the DLC and PS3 game sold separately ($50 vs $45).  I don't consider that 'costing much more' than the first release.

so, the first release is costing much less than $50.

Say what?  To buy The Last of Us and the Left Behind DLC right now on PS3 would cost you $45.  The Last of Us Remastered on PS4 will launch at $50, which is less than any newly released AAA game, sure, it's only $10 off but it's also only a year old.  There are plenty of examples of games that don't lower prices that quickly.

Eh? It will cost 55...

walsufnir said:
method114 said:
walsufnir said:
method114 said:

The PS2 emulator isn't even that great he'll be waiting a long time.

I expect it to take not that long, given the architecture PS4 uses (same applies to Xbone).

Maybe. Xbox 360 uses similar architecture to the x1 and an emulator for that still hasn't come about not one worth even attempting yet.

They are not similar in any way. 360 uses PPC, Xbone uses x64.

And just to add, there is an emulator in the works: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenia_%28emulator%29

Oh I didn't know that but like I said "in the works" in the emulator world means nothing. Plus how long has the 360 been out now? Like I said the guy will be waiitng  along time at least 10 years.