By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - TLOU:R isn't worth it

method114 said:
DonFerrari said:
ErwinMoC said:
I think that the game runs @60FPS is worth it for a lot of people (PC Gamers mostly).

It won't release on PC, not sure how much of the people having PC as primary gaming machine will buy a PS4 and TLOU on it.. I even saw someone saying that he won't buy a PS4 for its game he will just use an emulator and pirate games... I seriously don't have a clue of how long it will take to emulate PS4 and what will be the machine requirements (probably will be a lot less stepper than on PS3 release time with exquisite hw choice).

The PS2 emulator isn't even that great he'll be waiting a long time.

I'm pretty sure a really good emulator will take a good time.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:

Actually, the first release is still MSRP $40 and $30+ secondhand shipped ($20+ disc only). So not "much less than $50". Factor in the DLC via season pass and asking $50 for the game is the exactly correct cost at worst, and a great value at best. 

More selective Ebay evidence. Yeah, the auction that ended in May that you linked went for around $36 shipped. Of course, at the top of that auction there is a link where the same seller sold the same item for $26 shipped. And here is one more recent than those that sold for $15 shipped, like new. Here is another Like New for only $15 shipped, even more recent. Even looking at the top three most recent ended options it looks like the most you'll pay is around $24, but you can get it cheaper. I know I can waltz into GameXChange today and pick it up for $18 + tax.

So no, not exactly "correct cost at worst" using your own criteria. But my point is the criteria is silly anyway. If someone wants to buy the game and sees value in it then would it matter if the game sold for $3 in some May Ebay auction? How do we put an exact value on 1080p60? How do we weigh extra incentive to someone maybe looking for something to play on their PS4? Does that make it a little more "worth it"? 

LudicrousSpeed said:
BMaker11 said:

Actually, the first release is still MSRP $40 and $30+ secondhand shipped ($20+ disc only). So not "much less than $50". Factor in the DLC via season pass and asking $50 for the game is the exactly correct cost at worst, and a great value at best. 

More selective Ebay evidence. Yeah, the auction that ended in May that you linked went for around $36 shipped. Of course, at the top of that auction there is a link where the same seller sold the same item for $26 shipped. And here is one more recent than those that sold for $15 shipped, like new. Here is another Like New for only $15 shipped, even more recent. Even looking at the top three most recent ended options it looks like the most you'll pay is around $24, but you can get it cheaper. I know I can waltz into GameXChange today and pick it up for $18 + tax.

So no, not exactly "correct cost at worst" using your own criteria. But my point is the criteria is silly anyway. If someone wants to buy the game and sees value in it then would it matter if the game sold for $3 in some May Ebay auction? How do we put an exact value on 1080p60? How do we weigh extra incentive to someone maybe looking for something to play on their PS4? Does that make it a little more "worth it"? 

Dude, seriously, gtfoh. He said the initial release was "much less than $50". It ain't. And it's funny how my evidence is "selective" and yours isn't, I presume...but for every auction you find a listing for $15-20, I can find one for $30+. It all depends on the listing and when the auction ends. For example, you posted a listing that sold for $15....but this one sold for $17.74, disc only. Or this one that sold yesterday for $24 (since May seemed to irk you so much, I intentionally picked a really, really recent one for you). Or even this one that someone wanted so badly, they spent $60 on the Survival Edition, but it's not new, so you get none of the DLC. So they paid "so much" (since you seem to imply the game is dirt cheap) extra for a hard case and a comic book?  You're only getting up in arms because you're still stuck on the Halo comparisons from other threads, because you won't find any "selective evidence" that has Halo 4 at $35 to make the MCC look better but you can easily find TLOU for $30+, for example (you're pretty transparent, and you're derailing the thread, when you factor that in).

"If someone wants to buy the game and sees value blah blah blah"...irrelevant. The guy I was responding to was complaining about "rereleases costing more than the heavily discounted original release", and that the original release was "much less than $50". He was only talking about retail/MSRP in the first place (I only brought in second hand just to show that the prices were still up there). And I provided evidence (not "selective evidence") that was contrary to "the first release is costing much less than $50" or that it was "heavily discounted" and that even second hand would still cost you a little. Not factoring in 1080p60. Not factoring in any extra incentives on PS4. Not factoring in how "worthy" it is. Because none of that mattered regarding his statement, in terms of the original release. He made a statement, as if it were factual, about the original release of TLOU and I corrected him.

Stating the price was either "exactly correct at worst or a great value at best" had to deal with the Remaster, purely in financial terms compared to the cost of the original plus the cost of DLC. He complained about the re-release costing more than the "heavily discounted" original, but the original MSRPs at $40 + $20 season pass for the DLC = great value because its less to get all the content within the package of the remaster than to go out and buy the original + DLC. Secondhand $30 + $20 season pass for DLC = exactly the right cost for the remaster. Because it'd still cost you $50 to get equivalent content.

edit: you can have the last word, pat yourself on back, feel better about yourself blah blah blah. Toodles

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

Linking more varying Ebay auction prices is only making my case for me, friend. And hilarious that I am supposedly derailing the thread for some Halo BS I never even came close to mentioning or factoring into my post (seems you're the one derailing there).

You linked some secondhand prices to show value, I just thought I would post some as well to show how pointless they are. You apparently agree and are posting even more showing an even wider range of "value".

BMaker11 said:
Zero999 said:
mornelithe said:
Zero999 said:

it is unrelated because you are comparing games that sell without price drops with soon rereleases consting more much more than theast heavily discounted first release. you can try talking about nintendo's prices elsewhere but it has no place here.

It's a remaster that costs $5 more than the DLC and PS3 game sold separately ($50 vs $45).  I don't consider that 'costing much more' than the first release.

so, the first release is costing much less than $50.

Don't forget that the season pass isn't available anymore, if you want all the DLC that is included in the Remaster then you'll have to pay $40 ($35 if Grounded mode isn't included in the Remaster). Saying that you can simply get TLOU on PS3 with all the DLC for less (or even much less) than the Remaster is a straight up lie.

Around the Network

I don't know why people complain about things they don't have any plans on buying ...you want people to notice you? or can't you afford it with all those extra costs battlefield 4 and ghosts is costing you on top of the over priced tag it started with ( obviously doesn't apply to everyone )...this game deserves a re-release because so many didn't try the ps3 version so they missed out ( they should remaster the Uncharted series also for more Uncharted 4 hype)...its as simple as this, if you don't want this game then don't waste your time complaining about it and go talk about the game you do like so you don't make yourself look like a douche...

I wont read the replies ( if any ) because quite frankly the only opinion I care about when I am gaming is my own...happy gaming.

Dante_6667 said:
I don't know why people complain about things they don't have any plans on buying ...you want people to notice you? or can't you afford it with all those extra costs battlefield 4 and ghosts is costing you on top of the over priced tag it started with ( obviously doesn't apply to everyone )...this game deserves a re-release because so many didn't try the ps3 version so they missed out ( they should remaster the Uncharted series also for more Uncharted 4 hype)...its as simple as this, if you don't want this game then don't waste your time complaining about it and go talk about the game you do like so you don't make yourself look like a douche...

I wont read the replies ( if any ) because quite frankly the only opinion I care about when I am gaming is my own...happy gaming.

bolded: unless it goes multi, the same people who didn't play the ps3 version won't play this one. and by your logic, every multi million seller has to be rereleased one year later.

Korean site says it'll support cross play MP with PS3 version
take it with a boulder of salt

Not true, a big chunk of the ps4 sales are of non ps3 owners by that logic there is a greater chance it does well, I never mentioned anything about multi million sellers, its about bringing the greats that many missed out on not choosing to buy a ps3...I'm not saying it will be huge but it will sell reasonably well as would the Uncharted series though I do think its still too soon to bring games back so no I don't think they should be remastering games that quick but as I said they aren't forcing people to buy these games.

Zero999 said:
Dante_6667 said:

bolded: unless it goes multi, the same people who didn't play the ps3 version won't play this one. and by your logic, every multi million seller has to be rereleased one year later.

Of course... Because only people who had a PS3 are now buying the PS4... ¬_¬

Do you have better arguments, or is this all you've got?