By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - TLOU:R isn't worth it

LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:

One of the complain people are making is that the game is a rip-off by being 50,00 (even tough it is just a year old and an upgraded version + DLC, so for the same price a GOTY edition cost you still get a lot of upgrades), but some of the same people don't complain about Nintendo pricing scheme.

Probably because what you call "pricing scheme" most people just understand to be "business".

So instead of price scheme it's bussiness, but the release is a ripoff, thanks for the input.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Why should anyone be afraid, Ferrari? There is *one* article that says it might perhaps not worth it.
What I am afraid of is that this thread has so many replies.

Yes it baffles me how much people entered this and other threads to complain about the remaster and how much articles do the same. And "the precedent" is about it selling good.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

We will let the mass market be the judge. 6 million people bought it first time round.

DonFerrari said:
walsufnir said:
Why should anyone be afraid, Ferrari? There is *one* article that says it might perhaps not worth it.

Yes it baffles me how much people entered this and other threads to complain about the remaster and how much articles do the same. And "the precedent" is about it selling good.

How much people here complained about the remaster? And how many other articles do so?

walsufnir said:
DonFerrari said:
walsufnir said:

How much people here complained about the remaster? And how many other articles do so?

If I had a counter I would say more than 20 people in this thread and more than 5 articles in the last week. Or do you think the thread have so many replies just from people praising the re-release and how great value it has?

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
walsufnir said:
DonFerrari said:
walsufnir said:

If I had a counter I would say more than 20 people in this thread and more than 5 articles in the last week. Or do you think the thread have so many replies just from people praising the re-release and how great value it has?

Do you have problems with other people's opinions? I think some were making fun of you in this thread, others didn't like remakes at all. The point from the article itself I saw no one supporting it. And I don't remember other articles as I look closely to N4G hotlinks on the frontpage of VGC.

walsufnir said:
DonFerrari said:
walsufnir said

ow much people here complained about the remaster? And how many other articles do so?

Do you have problems with other people's opinions? I think some were making fun of you in this thread, others didn't like remakes at all. The point from the article itself I saw no one supporting it. And I don't remember other articles as I look closely to N4G hotlinks on the frontpage of VGC.

have no problem with other people opinion, and do you? If you think they were fine, and was you? For someone paying so much attention you seem pretty uninformed.

DonFerrari said:
walsufnir said:
DonFerrari said:

have no problem with other people opinion, and do you? If you think they were fine, and was you? For someone paying so much attention you seem pretty uninformed.

I am what? At the moment I am confused about what you try to tell me in the second sentence. Btw, I am totally fine by other's opinions.

Please explain to me why I am "uninformed" and about what.

Hynad said:
Zero999 said:

I think you didn't understand. your coment on "nintendo's pricing scheme" has no relation to the subject: tlou rerelease.

It is related. The topic is about how the game isn't worth it because of the price, and the fact it was released not long enough ago. Many people are complaining about those aspects despite being forgiving about re-releases and their prices when they're made from other console manufacturers.

It is on topic. And illustrates a clear hypocrisy from those typical downplayers who weren't even interested in the game when it originally released for the PS3. 

Those will condemn the move made by Sony, but would aplaud and praise the move if it was made by Nintendo or Microsoft. 

it is unrelated because you are comparing games that sell without price drops with soon rereleases consting more much more than the heavily discounted first release. you can try talking about nintendo's prices elsewhere but it has no place here.

DonFerrari said:
ErwinMoC said:
I think that the game runs @60FPS is worth it for a lot of people (PC Gamers mostly).

It won't release on PC, not sure how much of the people having PC as primary gaming machine will buy a PS4 and TLOU on it.. I even saw someone saying that he won't buy a PS4 for its game he will just use an emulator and pirate games... I seriously don't have a clue of how long it will take to emulate PS4 and what will be the machine requirements (probably will be a lot less stepper than on PS3 release time with exquisite hw choice).

The PS2 emulator isn't even that great he'll be waiting a long time.