By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - TLOU:R isn't worth it

DonFerrari said:

http://www.gamersbliss.com/2014/07/04/the-last-of-us-remastered-worth-it/

It reeks of fanboyism "The Last of Us is stepping over a very blurred line of purity". While recognizing Tomb Raider and GTA5 is doing it, but only TLOU isn't worthy and is almost a crime. Then use the excuse that re-releasing the game for US$50,00 as most GOTY games do that and never saw anyone complaining... why don't he also complain about Nintendo IPs that after 5 years don't drop in price?

Is everybody so afraid that TLOU could sell an extra million and pay the bills of the development of UC4?

I certainly see people complaining about your other examples of rereleasing.

and who would complain at the bolded? and more importantly, it has nothing to do with the topic and it seems you just included for the sake of it.

Around the Network
Mornelithe said:
DonFerrari said:

owww man I have no doubt UC4 will profit (maybe not much because of small base at the release), just saying that the remaster will pay the company bills while UC4 don't launch.

People just like to whine about things that don't comply with what he wants... Like all companies should just release the games he wants.

Honestly, I think money aside, it's more for the team to have gotten their hands on the hardware and put it into use with a game that was already technically brilliant, to see what more they could do.  That, will be far more beneficial to UC4 (and we've already heard word from ND that it's done precisely that).

Yep the greatest gain is the learning of the tools and development of new tools.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Zero999 said:

certainly see people complaining about your other examples of rereleasing.

and who would complain at the bolded? and more importantly, it has nothing to do with the topic and it seems you just included for the sake of it.

I'm saying about the people that are complaining about TLOU price, there are some nintendo fans doing that but they think it's good to hold the prices artificially at 60 for 5 years.

Anyone that knows games drop in price every year. Bought several games after 3y of release for 20 or less, wouldn't make sense to pay the same as in release. Every consumable depreciate with time.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Re-releasing a game with a higher framerate, somewhat better resolution, and zero extra content whatsoever, is pretty cheap/shitty, and a disturbing new trend in the industry, if you ask me. Re-releasing "remastered" editions of games that JUST came out within the last couple years time, is also pretty fucking lazy, and just a money grab.

Re-making a game after ten+ years, or doing something like the Orange Box or the Metroid Prime Trilogy package deals, that's one thing. But re-releasing a game with barely anything improved/different about it? Yeah, that's kinda lame.

I think it's dumb that they're remaking a game one year later. I'm all for remakes, but at least let it age a little bit. Even if it was coming from standard def and went HD I could understand a little more but it's too early I think

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Around the Network
Raziel123 said:
Tomb raider didn't really "get" anything other than a different Lara model, the rest was already on PC. In fact some assets were actually downscaled from PC cause the consoles couldn't handle all of it. Not to mention It sadly doens't run at consistent 60fps, though the PS4 is close enough to justify the upgrade. And given the similarities in architecture with PC, i'm positive that TR:DE was a much easier port than TLOU Remastered. Neil himself said it was "hell" to make the transition from PS3 to PS4. Tomb raider didn't do that because there was a PC version to help it.

And I wouldn't believe that GTA5 is getting an overhaul of anything. It is just a "delayed" PC version+port to consoles.

Completely untrue. TR got plenty of upgrades even over the PC version besides the new look of Laura.

Denser foliage, more environmental FX, subsurface scattering of Laura's Skin, new lighting and new cloth physics.

-CraZed- said:

Completely untrue. TR got plenty of upgrades even over the PC version besides the new look of Laura.

Denser foliage, more environmental FX, subsurface scattering of Laura's Skin, new lighting and new cloth physics.

There was no new lighting.. And i wouldn't say there was denser foliage, they just made it move around more to make it look livelier. It's basically just Lara itself and 1 or 2 small things outside of her. Textures aren't as good though, has a lower tesselation setting and the tressfx is less glitchy but also not quite as good (it's an optimized version). I played both versions more than once. As I said, there are differences but nothing big other than Lara herself. And as far as we know all TLOU character models will look better so... Admitedlly, those better models might have already existed because of the in engine cutscenes.. They still have to tweak and optimized them though for the ps4

DonFerrari said:
Zero999 said:

I'm saying about the people that are complaining about TLOU price, there are some nintendo fans doing that but they think it's good to hold the prices artificially at 60 for 5 years.

Anyone that knows games drop in price every year. Bought several games after 3y of release for 20 or less, wouldn't make sense to pay the same as in release. Every consumable depreciate with time.

nintendo games sell at those prices and it's still unrelated to this topic (nintendo did make the nintendo selects, though). we are talking about a rerelease, not games that don't get pricecuts.

Zero999 said:
DonFerrari said:
Zero999 said:

nintendo games sell at those prices and it's still unrelated to this topic (nintendo did make the nintendo selects, though). we are talking about a rerelease, not games that don't get pricecuts.

One of the complain people are making is that the game is a rip-off by being 50,00 (even tough it is just a year old and an upgraded version + DLC, so for the same price a GOTY edition cost you still get a lot of upgrades), but some of the same people don't complain about Nintendo pricing scheme.

DonFerrari said:
Zero999 said:

One of the complain people are making is that the game is a rip-off by being 50,00 (even tough it is just a year old and an upgraded version + DLC, so for the same price a GOTY edition cost you still get a lot of upgrades), but some of the same people don't complain about Nintendo pricing scheme.

I think you didn't understand. your coment on "nintendo's pricing scheme" has no relation to the subject: tlou rerelease.