By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My PS4 Impressions / Wii U Comparison

The Duelshock 4 is pretty nice and is an improvement over the DS3. The controller is comfortable to hold, and feels nice in the hands. The touchpad is a nice feature and while I only used it for typing so far...

i prefer typing using its motion pointer, you should try that...

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
How long did you own a WiiU? It would be cool if you could do another comparison once you've owned the PS4 for the same amount of time.

I owned the Wii U for about 6 months before selling it. That would mean I could do a follow up at the end of 2014 or start of 2015

*Sound Of Rain said:
Zekkyou said:
How long did you own a WiiU? It would be cool if you could do another comparison once you've owned the PS4 for the same amount of time.

I owned the Wii U for about 6 months before selling it. That would mean I could do a follow up at the end of 2014 or start of 2015

Sure that would be cool ^^ It's not often people switch consoles so it's always interesting to hear how things comes along for them (since everyone's experience is different).

Anyway, glad you're enjoying your PS4!

Nice read and glad you're enjoying your PS4.

Intrinsic said:
amak11 said:
Just pointing out, that 10% back on all eshop purchases is just as that, for all eshop purchases, even DLC. When Sony does that (and it's rare) you have to buy a qualifying amount of items to get any money back. I found that 10% back to be very useful especially when you have your wallet stretched across two consoles (my 2DS and Wii U). Provides me enough money to enjoy things. Although I feel you should have just outright bought a PS4 instead of trading in your Wii U, many of the upcoming games for it are console exclusive, including Bayonetta 2 (including the remastered Bayonetta 1) Both 1080p 60fps experiences.

Dunno why you are bitter. He made a decision and he prefers what he decided to do.

That aside.. why point out features for one platform and dismiss feautures of the other simply cause you think it makes you have a better point?

The PS+, in addition to giving you two games every month for every playstation platform i.e 2 for PS4, 2 for PS3 and 2 for Vita is a lot of added value right there. Its something that nintendo isn't doing period. In addition to this, sony does offer PS+ member discounts on a lot of titles, DLC, themes...etc . So while it may not cover every single digital purchase like the wiiU there is still a lot of added value there and the reason why today PS+/PSN is regarded as the best online service of the 3 major platforms.

To OP. Get infamous... then your mind would officially be blown.

I wasn't bitter actually. OP and I had a rather nice and short coversation. 

Around the Network

Im getting my PS4 soon as well. Need it for the awesome games coming this fall.

Wont trade in my dear WiiU though:)

Good to hear you're enjoying it :) How's your friend liking the Wii U?

Current Consoles: Gaming PC, Wii U, 3DS

pokoko said:
I will say that, though I criticize the Wii U's controller from a business decision standpoint, it's easily the most appealing "multi-media" feature of all the consoles. Kind of ironic, really. If Nintendo had all the online focus that Microsoft and Sony have, I think they could have done some special things with the gamepad.

I agree. It's odd that I didn't care for the Gamepad as far as games go, but as a multi-media feature, it was pretty useful. If only Nintendo used it in smarter ways...

Of course there's still time but I'm assuming they won't. They'll likely ditch the tablet idea for the next console as well.

Intrinsic said:

To OP. Get infamous... then your mind would officially be blown.

I'm waiting until it's $30 or so before jumping on it. Everyone says it's a great game that lacks content. It sounds like it isn't worth $60. I'll get it eventually though. (Unless I can just rent it with PS Now by then)

HokageTenshi said:

i prefer typing using its motion pointer, you should try that...

Do you need the camera to do that?