By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My PS4 Impressions / Wii U Comparison

*Sound Of Rain said:
HokageTenshi said:

i prefer typing using its motion pointer, you should try that...

Do you need the camera to do that?

no, just click the R3 to turn on this feature

Around the Network
RubberWhistleHistle said:
the biggest problem i have with your post is that you say the ps4 has a wider variety of games, or i think what you are saying is that it will have the wider variety of games. i think you need to rethink that point over.

I am saying that it will have more variety than the Wii U when all is said and done. By this, I don't mean more genres per say but more choice. For example, if you want a fighting game on Wii U, you'll basically have to choose from Smash Bros and maybe 2 other games. Yet, on PS4, we can pick from a variety of options. (Dragon Ball Z, Mortal Kombat, Tekkan, Naruto, PS all stars, Marvel, DC, and likely more.)

Same with racing, shooters, RPG, Horror and others. The 2 genres Wii U will have more of are Platformers & Party. (Most likely)

Platformers FTW!:)

Intrinsic said:

Smart decision.... I always feel that if anyone can wait for a game to drop in price then do so. Only games worth buying at $60 are games that have multiplayer and only because if you wait 6-8 months for it to cost $30 the games community would have left you in the dust.

I don't know what people mean about infamous lacking content though. I have played every infamous before it and well, its an infamous game with better gameplay mechanics and a very infamousy story. It lacks the quantity of boss battles of the previous games though and less variety in enemy types (guess that is what they are referring to). But if its your first foray into the world of infamous... then it will be great for you. 

Still wait tho, you may actually luck out and the game will be offered free on PS+ this fall or with a heavy discount. You should look into Child of light too. And keep an eye on MGS5:GZ, I have a feeling its going to become a PS+ title soon.

I agree. I only (normally) pay full price for a game either with multiplayer (local or online) or multiple modes / high replay value. I need to know that the game is worth my money. If it's a series I really like and know I'll play more than once, I might get it near release.

I'll likely just rent the PS3 version of MGS5:GZ with PSN and then get MGS5:PP for the PS4.

HokageTenshi said:

no, just click the R3 to turn on this feature

Alright. I'll make sure to try it then :)

Around the Network

I disagree with a lot of that. I will first start by saying I don't own both consoles (brother has the Playstation). This is also just my opinion so don't no one get offensive. The Wii U is one of the prettiest consoles that I've ever seen and looks better then the PS4. The gamepad wins in the controller department too. I put back in Splinter Cell: Blacklist to complete it (cause that's what I do) and it reminds me why I love my Wii U. I still play Zombie U, simply put the gamepad is a beast. The graphics is debatable although I haven't seen anything to date to say either one is better. It's no secret that I gave my Wii away (the Wii U is backward compatible), I'm never going to sell my Wii U. I'm also not thinking of another console right now (I refuse to say never). The PS4 isn't that small either. Back to the graphics, the PS4 can very well have the better graphics (like I said I haven't seen it yet) but the Wii U wins. I'm very happy with my collection.

PigPen said:

I disagree with a lot of that. I will first start by saying I don't own both consoles (brother has the Playstation). This is also just my opinion so don't no one get offensive. The Wii U is one of the prettiest consoles that I've ever seen and looks better then the PS4. The gamepad wins in the controller department too. I'm put back in Splinter Cell: Blacklist to complete it (cause that's what I do) and it reminds me why I love my Wii U. I still play Zombie U, simply put the gamepad is a beast. The graphics is debatable although I haven't seen anything to date to say either one is better. It's no secret that I gave my Wii away (the Wii U is backward compatible), I'm never will going to sell my Wii U. I'm also not thinking of another console right now (I refuse to say never). The PS4 isn't that small either. Back to the graphics, the PS4 can very well have the better graphics (like I said I haven't seen it yet) but the Wii U wins. I'm very happy with my collection.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. I can respect it :)

if i want a ps4 ill buy a ps3

NickK said:
As I read your thread I can tell you are a sony fanboy. I am a console collector and I can judge a bit better. Here are my points:

1. WiiU comes with a brand new pad and ps4 just drops an improved controller that I am sick of using. EVEN XBone has done better on controlls.
2. On graphics matter, till now they are quite the same. I am using both systems on a brand new LG TV. Surely ps4 is stronger on graphics but definately not a big leap from ps3.
3. At the moment WiiU has a strong library and a very strong lineup of new games coming. Ps4 still nothin that impressive.
4. PS4, Xbone and WiiU will last the same, till 2018! In 2019 all companies will come up with brand new systems just because these one do not have the wow factors as ps3, xbox360 and wii had. I am workng for a big retailer in Australia and I kinda know some stuff.

From my point of view, trading a wii u for a ps4 was not smart. But anyone can spend his money as he wants.

Cheers.

As I read your post I can tell yu are a delusional fanboy :)..... don't know of what though.

1. That brand new pad you speak of.... how has it worked out for nintendo when even their first party games don't make use of it? Even nintendo has come out and said (during their investor meetings) that they don't yet know what to really do with it. So besides remote play... its not mush of a controller is it? But hey, what do I know? "you know stuff" after all.
  2. What is quite the same exactly? WiiU graphics vs PS4 graphics? PS4 graphics vs PS3 graphics? Goo look at MGS5, Killzone, infamous, driveclub, COD:AW, AC...etc and come back ith a straight face and say this nonsesne again.
  3. Yeah, being on the market a year longer can do that. And what PS4 has being impressive orr not is subjective. Having said that, unless you don't plan on being around in say 6-18 months or for the next 4-5yrs.... then yeah, the wiiU will always have the better library. Assuming you plan on going somewhere otherworldly that is.
  4. You really think power is what determines when new gen consoles come out? And you are blowing nintendos trumpet??? Thats irony right there. Just  so you know though, the new consoles will be revealed and released in 2020. Sorry to disappoint you. The 6yr cycle is no more thanks to the cost of HD gaming. assuming that these consoles will be on the market for only 4yrs is well........ ridiculous.
I do not work for a big retail chain anywhere and I know stuff (mostly common sense).

*Sound Of Rain said:
PigPen said:

I disagree with a lot of that. I will first start by saying I don't own both consoles (brother has the Playstation). This is also just my opinion so don't no one get offensive. The Wii U is one of the prettiest consoles that I've ever seen and looks better then the PS4. The gamepad wins in the controller department too. I put back in Splinter Cell: Blacklist to complete it (cause that's what I do) and it reminds me why I love my Wii U. I still play Zombie U, simply put the gamepad is a beast. The graphics is debatable although I haven't seen anything to date to say either one is better. It's no secret that I gave my Wii away (the Wii U is backward compatible), I'm never going to sell my Wii U. I'm also not thinking of another console right now (I refuse to say never). The PS4 isn't that small either. Back to the graphics, the PS4 can very well have the better graphics (like I said I haven't seen it yet) but the Wii U wins. I'm very happy with my collection.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. I can respect it :)

I respect your opinion too.  My opinion isn't any better then yours.  I just wanted to share mines.