By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My PS4 Impressions / Wii U Comparison

Cool comparition, you should do a video, this is good stuff.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

Rain, you are a cool dude. The PS brand is known to have a wide variety of different types of games, and the ps4 system has power and soon some blockbuster exclusives boast about.

Whats important is playing the games that matters to you most.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Just got a WiiU to sit beside my PS3 on my 720p 50" while I have my PS4 set up on my 32" 1080p LED. It's a great combo and I love all 3! I have to say WiiU has impressed me with its multimedia capabilities. With Xbox touting its movie watching and app capability so much I find it surprising Nintendo has made the best innovation and is the most convenient for these things this gen. I just love watching Youtube and Amazon instant on it now!

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:
Just got a WiiU to sit beside my PS3 on my 720p 50" while I have my PS4 set up on my 32" 1080p LED. It's a great combo and I love all 3! I have to say WiiU has impressed me with its multimedia capabilities. With Xbox touting its movie watching and app capability so much I find it surprising Nintendo has made the best innovation and is the most convenient for these things this gen. I just love watching Youtube and Amazon instant on it now!

The Wii U should really be sitting beside your PS4.

PigPen said:
platformmaster918 said:

The Wii U should really be sitting beside your PS4.

the PS4 is in my room while the other 2 are in the family room which is why I have WiiU there for multimedia use.  Does it utilize 1080p on any games?

EDIT:  Just looked up that Wind Waker HD is in 1080p and so is Rayman Legends which I was thinking of getting on WiiU (for Gamepad support)

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:

That's because Nintendo only advertises their games unlike Microsoft :P

Current Consoles: Gaming PC, Wii U, 3DS

If Don't Starve and Doki-Doki Universe made you believe that PS4 is much more powerful than the Wii U, I wonder what you might think when you play Infamous: Second Son or Killzone: Shadow Fall.

It sounds like you got a good deal for your Wii U/PS4 trade so I hope you enjoy your new console. So from the suggestions in the other thread what upcoming games are you looking forward to?

This is the worst time to trade in the Wii U. We have SO MANY GAMES coming for this fall and early next year. PS4 has almost nothing until 2015, and even then, we haven't seen enough gameplay to justify pre-ordering/purchasing what's coming. Personally, I like the PS4 but it's just a $399 pretty machine at the moment. I grew up with a PS2 as my main console, and I'm still waiting for KH III to come out before getting one. The exclusives just aren't as replayable to me anymore, compared to something like Mario Kart or Wonderful 101. Good luck with the new console, though! I'm jealous of the sports games you'll be getting to play on console. I have to play FIFA on my PC because EA is full of business fools who are sorry excuses for executives.

Finally someone appreciates PS+ for its unbelievable value. If you bought your PS4 a bit earlier you would have got Trine 2 and Don't Starve for free as well along with a whole lot of other cool ones like Resogun, Outlast, Mercenary Kings among others.

Plus I have all the PS consoles, so 6 games. The PS4 hasn't been out for even a year but if PS3 is any indication, the PS4 will have some really intense digital games sales like its predecessor. Sometimes these sales can be a bit tough since I've built up quite the backlog.