By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My PS4 Impressions / Wii U Comparison

amak11 said:

I wasn't bitter actually. OP and I had a rather nice and short coversation. 

We did indeed :)

Off Topic: I'm sorry for posting so much in a row. I used to be able to quote multiple people at a time but it hasn't been working lately.

Around the Network
gamewizard65 said:

I honestly don't know why anyone would be happy having to trade in one console for another. Sure, the PS4 is more powerful than the Wii U, but that has no bearing on which console actually will have the better games. Even though the PS4 is more powerful, it is not a night and day difference. When comparing how powerful any of the current generation of consoles actually are, the best way to compare is by looking at different levels of ps gaming rigs. To keep this simple, you have you low range, mid range and upper range PC gaming rigs. Unfortunately, even the PS4 and XboxOne only fall around the mid range level. It would be fair to even say, they are at the higher range of mid level PCs, but that is their limit. The Wii U is at the low end of the mid range PC units, as far as power and really the only thing holding the Wii U back is that there isn't more available memory, Now, even if there was more memory, it still would not be as powerful as the PS4 and XboxOne. 

Right now the Wii U has the best library of games available. Of course that statement also will depend on which type of games one perfers to play. If you are a FPS freak and only enjoy those games, then the Wii U probably will not be the console for you. Between Nintendo's terrific first party offereing, the wide variety of games available on the eshop, from great indie games to classic VC games, the Wii U has plenty of games to offer even the most hard to please gamer.  

Myself, between my PC, which 95 percent of the time has the better looking version of any third party game and my Wii U, the only games I will miss out on is Sony and MS's exclusives and hell,  there really isn't any exclusive Xbox games, cause eventually, they end up on the PC anyways. So really, I only miss out on Sony exclusive games. Just to make it clear, I'm not part of the PC master race, those PC braggers make me sick. Nintendo is my favorite videogame developer, always has been and always will be. I'm 49 years old and I will take a Nintendo developed game over any others, any day of the week. With that said, a true videogamer doesn't put down another console or troll on  them, ect, unless the game is developed by Microsoft..ha,ha....only kidding, sortof.

I used to enjoy my Xbox 360, but really I enjoyed all the great games available for the system. But every since MS took the stance they did last year, the whole drm fiasco, ect, it really showed they don't give a shit about the gamer, only themselves. So, while you will never see me trolling someone else for buying MS's consoles, you will also never see me praising MS. I've had people say to me, "Well, MS is trying to correct those mistakes." Sure they are because of all the damage those mistakes have costed them, its not really because they care for us gamers, they only want our money. While most busineses are that way, MS is just out and out worse than most other companies. It would be great if all gamers would open their eyes and only buy Sony, Nintendo and Mac pcs. Yes, unfortunately, I own a windows based gaming rig, only cause I cannot afford Apple's ridiculous prices. That is another topic, but its always bewildered me, doesn't Apple know that if they made the prices more affordable, most people would opt to buy their pcs? I never will understand their thinking in keeping the prices so high. Their elctronic parts, widget, plastic housing doesn't cost any more than those to make a windows based PC. 

Back on topic, the gaming world would be so much a better place if people would just talk about the great games to play and stop trying to come up with ridiculous arguements why this console is better than this one or why PC gaming is the best, yada, yada, yada. Its all so stupid. We need all the different platforms and game developers to keep the competition going, that way, us gamers are the ones who benefit. Hoping that company X goes out of business or that that company X should make their games available on all platforms, is a waste of time and energy and is not productive at all. 

Very well said finally someone who gets it I'm 42 and been gaming since the 70s ...this whos the best system shit is stupid ....true gamers realize enjoy all systems and alll the games ..all the big three has something to offer 

*Sound Of Rain said:

Rain: PS4 Impressions

Games: Wii U - Remember, this is only based off the games I have played on each system. For Wii U I had, Super Mario 3D World, ZombiU, Pikmin 3, Mario Kart 8, and Dr. Luigi. For PS4 I have, Don't Starve, Doki Doki, Trine 2, Pixlejunk, Towerfall, and Strider. Both Mario Kart 8, and Pikmin 3 are better than any current PS4 game I own. Overall, both have fun games to play from my limited experience with both but so far Wii U leads.

Lastly, I'm happy with my decision to trade in the Wii U for a PS4 :)

Why would you trade in a console you are having fun with? I mean I get is your decision, but I still donot get it...

Nice to see you are having fun with your purchase!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Numberfox said:
Good to hear you're enjoying it :) How's your friend liking the Wii U?

Thank you!

He backed out :( That's the only bad part. Now, I won't be able to play some future Wii U games with him. I managed to sell it on eBay for the same price but it obviously would've been better if he kept it. He might get a Wii U in the future at a later date I'd assume.

Jay70sgamer said:

Very well said finally someone who gets it I'm 42 and been gaming since the 70s ...this whos the best system shit is stupid ....true gamers realize enjoy all systems and alll the games ..all the big three has something to offer 

I've said this multiple times in multiple threads. All 3 have something to offer. I just don't like spending that much time and money on gaming.

Around the Network
*Sound Of Rain said:
Numberfox said:
Good to hear you're enjoying it :) How's your friend liking the Wii U?

Thank you!

He backed out :( That's the only bad part. Now, I won't be able to play some future Wii U games with him. I managed to sell it on eBay for the same price but it obviously would've been better if he kept it. He might get a Wii U in the future at a later date I'd assume.

Aw, that's a shame. Ah well, I'm glad you were able to sell it on eBay for the same price though!

Current Consoles: Gaming PC, Wii U, 3DS

menx64 said:

Why would you trade in a console you are having fun with? I mean I get is your decision, but I still donot get it...

Nice to see you are having fun with your purchase!

Ha Ha yeah, let me explain.

I realized that I was getting bored with Nintendo games and just wanted to try something new. I knew that the games were still good and fun but not really unique or exciting. They lost their flavor for me. Plus, I only want one console per gen and saw the PS4 as a better fit for me in the long-term. I'm all about value, and saw the potential in the PS4 more so than Wii U.

LittleBigPlanet 3 also stole E3 for me so that helped :)

As I read your thread I can tell you are a sony fanboy. I am a console collector and I can judge a bit better. Here are my points:

1. WiiU comes with a brand new pad and ps4 just drops an improved controller that I am sick of using. EVEN Xone has done better on controlls.
2. On graphics matter, till now they are quite the same. I am using both systems on a brand new LG TV. Surely ps4 is stronger on graphics but definately not a big leap from ps3.
3. At the moment WiiU has a strong library and a very strong lineup of new games coming. Ps4 still nothin that impressive.
4. PS4, Xbone and WiiU will last the same, till 2018! In 2019 all companies will come up with brand new systems just because these one do not have the wow factors as ps3, xbox360 and wii had. I am workng for a big retailer in Australia and I kinda know some stuff.

From my point of view, trading a wii u for a ps4 was not smart. But anyone can spend his money as he wants.

Cheers.

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

the biggest problem i have with your post is that you say the ps4 has a wider variety of games, or i think what you are saying is that it will have the wider variety of games. i think you need to rethink that point over.

*Sound Of Rain said:
Intrinsic said:

To OP. Get infamous... then your mind would officially be blown.

I'm waiting until it's $30 or so before jumping on it. Everyone says it's a great game that lacks content. It sounds like it isn't worth $60. I'll get it eventually though. (Unless I can just rent it with PS Now by then)

Smart decision.... I always feel that if anyone can wait for a game to drop in price then do so. Only games worth buying at $60 are games that have multiplayer and only because if you wait 6-8 months for it to cost $30 the games community would have left you in the dust.

I don't know what people mean about infamous lacking content though. I have played every infamous before it and well, its an infamous game with better gameplay mechanics and a very infamousy story. It lacks the quantity of boss battles of the previous games though and less variety in enemy types (guess that is what they are referring to). But if its your first foray into the world of infamous... then it will be great for you. 

Still wait tho, you may actually luck out and the game will be offered free on PS+ this fall or with a heavy discount. You should look into Child of light too. And keep an eye on MGS5:GZ, I have a feeling its going to become a PS+ title soon.