By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One is the home of competitive console gaming

Imaginedvl said:
ktay95 said:
Xbox One is the home of competitive console gaming
Big call when almost all fighters are still played on PS3

Oh really, which tournament? Because the majority of tournaments are played on 360 (even for fighters)...

EVO 2013 was entirely on PS3 (minus Smash Bros). I hadn't realised most of it had switched for.this years tourney. Still doesn't change that there is just 1 fighter being played on XBO out of the many there. If it just said Xbox and not Xbox One it would make more sense... Seriously where the fuck are my next gen fighters =(

Around the Network

This doesn't seem to suggest that there is a partnership for any other gameto use the Xbox One. If so and this is just for COD then Sony can easily counter this by grabbig an eSport partnership for Destiny which will become a much bigger IP.

TheBlackNaruto said:
Sevengen said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
Sevengen said:

by the way, I'm happy to announce that the PS4 will routinely lose in sales here in the USA against the X1 from this point forward, gaming's biggest market.

Just curious....but how did you come to this conclusion? What happens if it loses June NPD? Or what happens if it doesn't routinely lose in sales here in the US? 

On Topic:

That's cool a good move for MS. Even though COD is on the decline it is still a huge frachise and competetive gaming is still pretty big for shooters right now. 

how did i come to this conclusion?.. look at the past two weeks in the USA since the X1's price drop. with the games coming out, you think that's going to change.

nope. sorry ps4 fanboys. MS wins the USA from hereon out. Not every week of course, but overall? It's a lock.

I looked and it seems that they only won 1 week out of all the weeks in June so far. And one week now accounts for the rest of the gen? Now do not get me wrong I am not saying that the PS4 will always win because I am one of the few who think the XB1 will take the US. But going by one week worth of sales is a silly thing to use to make that conclusion. 

Both systems have games coming out so that's not a huge point. I'm sorry the US is still a toss up and will be for a while IMO. 

I highlighted your own opinion about sales.... but then you say, 'the US is still a toss up'.. you do understand how your own thoughts seem to contradict each other right?
I really see no need to continue this. I'm decided. You're confused. nuff' said.

Dark Chaos said:
Blood_Tears said:
Awe well, I don't play or care about online tournaments. This is a sales website and so far PS4 is winning in the CoD sales department. Good enough for me and I'm sure a lot of others.

Good enough for others? Why would sales number matter when talking about competitive gaming.

Are you telling me you feel better when the console you own sells more? Really?

LOL  It's a sales website man. Of course I prefer it when my console of choice sells more. I don't think I am alone in this within this community. Does it make me feel better?   Sure does!  It lets me know that 1st and 3rd party support will continue to be great. It also gets people like you all worked up and try to belittle someone who enjoys sales on a sales website. I gave my opinion on online tournaments, if that bothers you I really don't give a shit. I'll continue to watch the sales portion of this website while you play your "pro" tournaments.

Blood_Tears said:
Dark Chaos said:
Blood_Tears said:
Awe well, I don't play or care about online tournaments. This is a sales website and so far PS4 is winning in the CoD sales department. Good enough for me and I'm sure a lot of others.

Good enough for others? Why would sales number matter when talking about competitive gaming.

LOL  It's a sales website man. Of course I prefer it when my console of choice sells more. I don't think I am alone in this within this community. Does it make me feel better?   Sure does!  It lets me know that 1st and 3rd party support will continue to be great. It also gets people like you all worked up and try to belittle someone who enjoys sales on a sales website. I gave my opinion on online tournaments, if that bothers you I really don't give a shit. I'll continue to watch the sales portion of this website while you play your "pro" tournaments.

Wow, didn't know people got excitment from sales figures rather than playing games.

Thankfully, I don't get upset when a game sells less or more. It doesn't change my enjoyment of the game like yourself. I guess I am not superficial.

Its a gaming website at the forefront and using sales to justify your purchase and enjoyment doesn't seem healthy.

Yes, I will continue to watch and play games while you can  continue to have enjoyment by seeing numbers change. 

Around the Network
Sevengen said:

I highlighted your own opinion about sales.... but then you say, 'the US is still a toss up'.. you do understand how your own thoughts seem to contradict each other right?
I really see no need to continue this. I'm decided. You're confused. nuff' said.

Because I am using what is in front of me the current sales....just because I think the XB1 will take the US doesn't mean it isn't a toss up lol. But hey you are right definitely no point in continung this conversation because I guess we are on two different pages. 

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

No thanks to inferior hardware ,,, always going for the best for same price on PC or console.

If they release better hardware I go Microsoft so I have no brand loyalty. I buy the best. Currently PS4 for console and PC for stellar gaiming now.

Dark Chaos said:
Blood_Tears said:
Dark Chaos said:
Blood_Tears said:

Wow, didn't know people got excitment from sales figures rather than playing games.

Thankfully, I don't get upset when a game sells less or more. It doesn't change my enjoyment of the game like yourself. I guess I am not superficial.

Its a gaming website at the forefront and using sales to justify your purchase and enjoyment doesn't seem healthy.

Yes, I will continue to watch and play games while you can  continue to have enjoyment by seeing numbers change. 

The funny part of your post is that you actively attempt to say I am not a gamer or play games because I enjoy sales. So in essence you’re stating that anyone here in these forums who enjoys the sales data that comes in weekly doesn’t play games or enjoy them at all? Your attempt to alienate the majority of users of this very website and speak down upon them seems very arrogant and pathetic. However, given your console of choice I am not surprised.

Blood_Tears said:
Dark Chaos said:
Blood_Tears said:

The funny part of your post is that you actively attempt to say I am not a gamer or play games because I enjoy sales. So in essence you’re stating that anyone here in these forums who enjoys the sales data that comes in weekly doesn’t play games or enjoy them at all? Your attempt to alienate the majority of users of this very website and speak down upon them seems very arrogant and pathetic. However, given your console of choice I am not surprised.

Where did I say that? Stop insuinating lies. I enjoy sales but it doesn't get into my enjoyment of games like yourself. Plus, I enjoy when all consoles sell well unlike yourself.

Nice thinly veiled attack at the end.

PC master race

OT : Super player chose 360 over PS3 mostly because of the pad. I see no reason to choose One over ps4 this gen