By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One is the home of competitive console gaming

celador said:
Call of Duty is on the way down and competitive gaming on this level is beyond minuscule. It may be a big deal to some but this really isn't significant in terms of console sales as the article tries to suggest.

Call of Duty eSports is huge. Already made an appearance at this year's XGames.

Around the Network
poklane said:
celador said:
Call of Duty is on the way down and competitive gaming on this level is beyond minuscule. It may be a big deal to some but this really isn't significant in terms of console sales as the article tries to suggest.

Which is sad because there's nothing competitive about COD.

Raziel123 said:
poklane said:
celador said:

For sure. One sackless brodude facing off against another sackless brodude who would actually shit their pants in real life if anyone actually shot a real bullet their way.

I whole-heartedly agree with your statement. While we are at it, why don't we just make pool, synchronized walking and NASCAR sports.

PattonFiend said:

synchronized walking

That sounds awesome, I'm in.

Raziel123 said:

CoD is super competitive.  It proves who's patient enough to stay in the same spot for an eternity.  First person that gets out of their camping spot loses. 

Around the Network

How much did MS pay for this sponsorship?

It must be really frustrating to people who are excellent at playing games they just so happen to play on a PC, PS3 or PS4 even Wii U. Controls can do a lot to someone's gameplay and the best in the world could be on PS3 and just never gets to play in these tournaments because of the Xbox sponsorship.

It should be a level playing field, so PC nothing else but if you choose to use a mouse PC, Xbox controller or DualShock 3/4 on it then that's your choice.

Same with fighting games mind you, I couldn't think of anything worse than having to play a fighting game on a Xbox One controller. It would be laughable.

Hmm, pie.

wait a minute.... so Microsoft's consoles have pretty much owned esports gaming for years, but you people are gonna come in here now and whine because Microsoft STILL owns the events.
lol.
while I fully understand certain gamer's needs to bash the Xbox brand, if you absolutely have to do it to, can't you at least find something legitimate to complain about.
I don't know, Maybe Microsoft has 180'd and addressed so many concerns since announcement and release of the Xone, all the haters have left is meaningless stuff like this to cling onto.

by the way, I'm happy to announce that the PS4 will routinely lose in sales here in the USA against the X1 from this point forward, gaming's biggest market.

Next thing we know you guys are gonna brag about the awesome partnership with Doritos and Mountain Dew and how that's going to save the Xbox brand.

Sony should prepare PS5 quickly because obviously PS4 cannot compete with this.

ktay95 said:
Dark Chaos said:

EVO 2014 uses Xbox 360 and so does most tournaments

Huh, didn't realise. Wonder why they switched. Also I understand Blazblue being on PS3 as it isn't on 360 but why is Tekken on PS3 too? 
Also I'm disappointed there's no Persona 4 Arena 😞

It's because the 360 versions of most Capcom fighting games run better than their PS3 counterparts, except for Tekken. For 8th gen, PS4 will probably make PS the standard again for fighting games.