By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One is the home of competitive console gaming

TheBlackNaruto said:
Sevengen said:

by the way, I'm happy to announce that the PS4 will routinely lose in sales here in the USA against the X1 from this point forward, gaming's biggest market.

Just curious....but how did you come to this conclusion? What happens if it loses June NPD? Or what happens if it doesn't routinely lose in sales here in the US? 

On Topic:

That's cool a good move for MS. Even though COD is on the decline it is still a huge frachise and competetive gaming is still pretty big for shooters right now. 

how did i come to this conclusion?.. look at the past two weeks in the USA since the X1's price drop. with the games coming out, you think that's going to change.

nope. sorry ps4 fanboys. MS wins the USA from hereon out. Not every week of course, but overall? It's a lock.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
Dark Chaos said:
kupomogli said:
So what happens when a game is 30fps on the Xbox One and 60fps on the PS4 and people start to complain about them forcing the use of Xbox One? I'm sure they'll quickly switch their console preference.

Since that will never happen, I guess we will never find out.

Let's not get into the argument that it's not consistently 60fps, but Tomb Raider is 60fps on the PS4 and is 30fps on the Xbox One, so it has happened.

We are talking about COD not Tomb Raider. COD has always been 60fps. The PS4 version of Tomb Raider wasn't a consistent 60fps anyway.

KylieDog said:
Leadified said:
ktay95 said:
Dark Chaos said:

EVO 2014 uses Xbox 360 and so does most tournaments

Huh, didn't realise. Wonder why they switched. Also I understand Blazblue being on PS3 as it isn't on 360 but why is Tekken on PS3 too? 
Also I'm disappointed there's no Persona 4 Arena 😞

It's because the 360 versions of most fighting games run better than their PS3 counterparts, except for Tekken. For 8th gen, PS4 will probably make PS the standard again for fighting games.

2014 is actually the first time 360s are being used, as MS is bunging them a a load of cash.  Is also buying Killer Instincts way into it, much like Injustice bought its way in last year.

360s were never used because of shit like this (despite being half a second from winning, the match was restarted and they ended up losing $40 -100k):

It only happenned once so its an outlier and not the norm.

kupomogli said:
Dark Chaos said:
kupomogli said:
So what happens when a game is 30fps on the Xbox One and 60fps on the PS4 and people start to complain about them forcing the use of Xbox One? I'm sure they'll quickly switch their console preference.

Since that will never happen, I guess we will never find out.

Let's not get into the argument that it's not consistently 60fps, but Tomb Raider is 60fps on the PS4 and is 30fps on the Xbox One, so it has happened.

I'm sure games like fighters and Shooters prioritize 60fps (some exceptions like Destiny, which is 30fps on both version anyway) over resolustion.

As long as the competitive scene is dominated by newly hatched 18 year olds it will not be viewed as a legitimate thing.. Also stop calling this sport because it is not. It just makes us look like desperate idiots when we have to oversell it. Use the word competition and market it like chess does.

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
Xbox One is the home of competitive console gaming
Big call when almost all fighters are still played on PS3

Oh really, which tournament? Because the majority of tournaments are played on 360 (even for fighters)...

dyremose said:
As long as the competitive scene is dominated by newly hatched 18 year olds it will not be viewed as a legitimate thing.. Also stop calling this sport because it is not. It just makes us look like desperate idiots when we have to oversell it. Use the word competition and market it like chess does.

The other thing that is hindering it is also seggregation.  Football is football no matter where you are playing it. Call of duty is just call of duty,  but then there are league of legends,  battlefield,  fifa,  etc. The general public will have difficulty keeping up with what the rules are whenever a new thing becomes the new thing and so will loose interest.  Most of us cant even be bothered to learn american handegg once so getting a breakthrough multiple times is tough. Nothing  in the video game industry lasts forever and so we need to start over every decade basically. 

Blood_Tears said:
Awe well, I don't play or care about online tournaments. This is a sales website and so far PS4 is winning in the CoD sales department. Good enough for me and I'm sure a lot of others.

Good enough for others? Why would sales number matter when talking about competitive gaming.

Are you telling me you feel better when the console you own sells more? Really?

welp.. good luck MLG.. have fun being stuck in the past with your last gen thinking. you've forced your hand.. let's wait and see how the gaming community responds.

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

Sevengen said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
Sevengen said:

by the way, I'm happy to announce that the PS4 will routinely lose in sales here in the USA against the X1 from this point forward, gaming's biggest market.

Just curious....but how did you come to this conclusion? What happens if it loses June NPD? Or what happens if it doesn't routinely lose in sales here in the US? 

On Topic:

That's cool a good move for MS. Even though COD is on the decline it is still a huge frachise and competetive gaming is still pretty big for shooters right now. 

how did i come to this conclusion?.. look at the past two weeks in the USA since the X1's price drop. with the games coming out, you think that's going to change.

nope. sorry ps4 fanboys. MS wins the USA from hereon out. Not every week of course, but overall? It's a lock.

I looked and it seems that they only won 1 week out of all the weeks in June so far. And one week now accounts for the rest of the gen? Now do not get me wrong I am not saying that the PS4 will always win because I am one of the few who think the XB1 will take the US. But going by one week worth of sales is a silly thing to use to make that conclusion. 

Both systems have games coming out so that's not a huge point. I'm sorry the US is still a toss up and will be for a while IMO. 

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23