By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One is the home of competitive console gaming

ktay95 said:
Xbox One is the home of competitive console gaming
Big call when almost all fighters are still played on PS3

and this looks very similar to a PlayStation controller.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

"This makes the move of PlayStation 4 or any other competitor console to infiltrate the eSport community very difficulty, due to the fact that that a large part of the market will already own the Xbox One and will be rather reluctant to change once they have a device that performs, fundamentally, the same function"
Or, you know, every other esports event that isnt focused around call of duty.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Competitive console gaming.

Yea, the Xbox one can have that. lol

*goes back to playing SC:BW*

I LOVE ICELAND!

So basically Microsoft ponied up a ton of dough to buy MLG's exclusivity on a title no one will care about next year.

How exactly does this change anything?

the last time I watched a bit of a major CoD tourney the teams freely spouted insults and racial slurs at each other like 10 year olds, pretty disgusting to watch - is this still common in their eports scene?

Around the Network
Dark Chaos said:
ktay95 said:

EVO 2014 uses Xbox 360 and so does most tournaments

Huh, didn't realise. Wonder why they switched. Also I understand Blazblue being on PS3 as it isn't on 360 but why is Tekken on PS3 too? 
Also I'm disappointed there's no Persona 4 Arena 😞

ktay95 said:
Dark Chaos said:
ktay95 said:

EVO 2014 uses Xbox 360 and so does most tournaments

Huh, didn't realise. Wonder why they switched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVzNxbryJ4o

So what happens when a game is 30fps on the Xbox One and 60fps on the PS4 and people start to complain about them forcing the use of Xbox One? I'm sure they'll quickly switch their console preference.

kupomogli said:
So what happens when a game is 30fps on the Xbox One and 60fps on the PS4 and people start to complain about them forcing the use of Xbox One? I'm sure they'll quickly switch their console preference.

Since that will never happen, I guess we will never find out.

Dark Chaos said:
kupomogli said:

Since that will never happen, I guess we will never find out.

Let's not get into the argument that it's not consistently 60fps, but Tomb Raider is 60fps on the PS4 and is 30fps on the Xbox One, so it has happened.