By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One is the home of competitive console gaming

Sevengen said:
while I fully understand certain gamer's needs to bash the Xbox brand, if you absolutely have to do it to, can't you at least find something legitimate to complain about.
kupomogli said:
So what happens when a game is 30fps on the Xbox One and 60fps on the PS4 and people start to complain about them forcing the use of Xbox One? I'm sure they'll quickly switch their console preference.

Because my comment obviously isn't legitimate enough.

Around the Network

Awe well, I don't play or care about online tournaments. This is a sales website and so far PS4 is winning in the CoD sales department. Good enough for me and I'm sure a lot of others.

as a marketing tool, this is a decent partnership.

..but if anyone thinks this will effect console sales in any way other than as a marketing tool then you are pretty silly. people like playing competitive games but next to no one is trying to be a professional gamer.

ktay95 said:
Xbox One is the home of competitive console gaming
Big call when almost all fighters are still played on PS3

Not to mention GT Academy, I mean, clearly everyone has their own preferences with regards to controller and the online experience, but you gotta give a nod for what Kaz and PD have done in the racing industry.

Look, I like gaming, but it is NEVER gonna be a sport. I do swimming and cross country, THOSE are sports.

Around the Network

So host tournaments for a (shitty)game on the console with least amount of players? Makes sense.

Sevengen said:

by the way, I'm happy to announce that the PS4 will routinely lose in sales here in the USA against the X1 from this point forward, gaming's biggest market.

Just curious....but how did you come to this conclusion? What happens if it loses June NPD? Or what happens if it doesn't routinely lose in sales here in the US? 

On Topic:

That's cool a good move for MS. Even though COD is on the decline it is still a huge frachise and competetive gaming is still pretty big for shooters right now. 

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

KylieDog said:
Leadified said:

It's because the 360 versions of most fighting games run better than their PS3 counterparts, except for Tekken. For 8th gen, PS4 will probably make PS the standard again for fighting games.

2014 is actually the first time 360s are being used, as MS is bunging them a a load of cash.  Is also buying Killer Instincts way into it, much like Injustice bought its way in last year.

360s were never used because of shit like this (despite being half a second from winning, the match was restarted and they ended up losing $40 -100k):

It's not really a big deal for whatever reason they are using 360s, and I doubt they will run any higher risk of technical issues compared to previous years. Not to mention EVO is the odd one out who only used PS3 versions of games.

this really wont help them much. Destiny will kill COD so this will be insignificant. I wont even adreses sport games cuz thats just embarasing.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

kupomogli said:
Sevengen said:
while I fully understand certain gamer's needs to bash the Xbox brand, if you absolutely have to do it to, can't you at least find something legitimate to complain about.
kupomogli said:
So what happens when a game is 30fps on the Xbox One and 60fps on the PS4 and people start to complain about them forcing the use of Xbox One? I'm sure they'll quickly switch their console preference.

Because my comment obviously isn't legitimate enough.

no it really isn't. we've been playing 30 fps now for how long??

how many millions of titles have sold that run at 30 fps, or even sub 30fps??

and exactly what game are you talking about anyway??

do you even know?.  I don't think you do.

I believe you're the exact type of person I referenced in my initial post, you just gotta hate.

Most people that understand online gaming understand that Sony is still playing catch up to Microsoft. It makes perfect sense for competitive gaming to go MS' way because of the dedicated server system they have in place. frames per second mean very little if your server is peer to peer, at least compared to an actual dedicated server. I'd much rather play a game that runs 30 on dedicated than 60 on one that isn't. so would you actually. 

whether you can admit it or not. and besides, you're just ASSUMING that whatever title they choose to play will run better on the PS3. that my friend is unwarranted bias.

just accept it already. the ps4 has advantages over the X1 and the X1 has advantages over the ps4.