By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why is Pokemon OR/AS getting so little hype?

Tagged games:

They are remakes of what was probably the worst pokemon game generation

Around the Network
kupomogli said:

Maybe people got tired of paying for the same game for the 100th time?  And because they finally realized the series sucks.

lol Millions of people disagree, and besides the competitive scene does not suck at all despite GF can do a better job with the campaign mode

Probably because it's coming only a year after X / Y, which was a big jump forward.

It's my 3rd most anticipated game though, can't wait.

Do they really need to hype Pokemon games? Pokemon has the same kind of fans that you see with FIFA and Madden. They know the next yearly release is coming and they'll buy it. They could do an X/Y remake and it would still sell 5 million copies. Yearly release franchises don't really need hype beyond announcing the release date.

brendude13 said:

Probably because it's coming only a year after X / Y, which was a big jump forward.

It's my 3rd most anticipated game though, can't wait.

There's hype for the game, but new generations always get alot more. 6th most due to the leap and all the extra feats/mechanics (mega evolutions/fairy type/etc). These are remakes, but ironically the best pokemon games come from remakes. HG/SS overall is said to be the best due to the overall content.

These will give us a huge jump in graphics and i like the fact that new mega evolutions are being presented so it keeps the games fresh and considers other players to buy for that reason alone. (i think we have 8 confirmed if latios/latias count!)

Edit:If i didnt mke it clear, i never disagreed with you! o.O

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Do they really need to hype Pokemon games? Pokemon has the same kind of fans that you see with FIFA and Madden. They know the next yearly release is coming and they'll buy it. They could do an X/Y remake and it would still sell 5 million copies. Yearly release franchises don't really need hype beyond announcing the release date.

This makes alot of sense. I think OP is comparing the XY hype, which are both completely different situations. XY = New Gen ad the jump into 3D (finally). OR/AS is remakes so we know 80-90% of the game already. We get it in 3D and they are adding More Mega evolutions. 

Dark Chaos said:
zorg1000 said:
Dark Chaos said:
KLXVER said:

Im guessing its for trading with people who has the other version. Only crazy people buy both...

But then why release games like Platinum, Crystal which includes a combination of everything? Its nothing but a cash grab. They could release the complete version like Crystal or Platinum but instead split it into two games first.

Wouldnt that actually make the 3rd iteration games the cash grab instead?

Well its the complete version that should've released first but since its released last I guess you're right.

Funny how Nintendo were the pioneers to DLC/added content behind a paywall.

So when a game is released as a GOTY edition with all of the expansion packs included, and sometimes even extra, exclusive content (like the third pokemon iteration) is there something wrong with that? That is all it is. The third version of Pokemon is vastly more different from the first two versions than say, Skyrim Legendary edition is from Skyrim vanilla + Dragonborn + Dawngaurd + Hearthfire. 

Three main reasons I can think of. It's a remake so we kinda have a bearing of what to expect, it's only been about a year since the release of X/Y, and the game is coming out in November, when a bunch of other notable games are coming out, Smash for 3DS being the main culprit. I certainly can't wait to get this game, but my excitement for it is no where near the excitement I had for X/Y, nor the games coming out Q4 of this year.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Alright, some good responses. No anomalies, though.

Anyway, we still haven't had anyone compare the level of hype of OR/AS to HG/SS. That's what I'd really like to see.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

It's still months away. I'm certain it wil get hyped like crazy closer to launch. 10m easy.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046