By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why is Pokemon OR/AS getting so little hype?

Tagged games:

KLXVER said:
Dark Chaos said:
sc94597 said:

You do realize why there were always two versions right? (I am making the assumption that you've played a pokemon game before.)

To force you to buy two copies of the same game with slight differences? Having exclusive pokemon, areas are nothing more than a cash grab. IT

Im guessing its for trading with people who has the other version. Only crazy people buy both...

But then why release games like Platinum, Crystal which includes a combination of everything? Its nothing but a cash grab. They could release the complete version like Crystal or Platinum but instead split it into two games first.

Around the Network
Dark Chaos said:

But then why release games like Platinum, Crystal which includes a combination of everything? Its nothing but a cash grab. They could release the complete version like Crystal or Platinum but instead split it into two games first.

Ofcourse its a cash grab. Every other Pokemon game is a remake of a prior one these days...

Pokemon franchise milked out maybe?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Dark Chaos said:
KLXVER said:
Dark Chaos said:
sc94597 said:

If they wanted to cash grab, we been on generation 13 by now

deskpro2k3 said:
Pokemon franchise milked out maybe?

Nope just far away release and its a remake that'll sell 8mil+

Around the Network
Dark Chaos said:
KLXVER said:
Dark Chaos said:
sc94597 said:

You do realize why there were always two versions right? (I am making the assumption that you've played a pokemon game before.)

To force you to buy two copies of the same game with slight differences? Having exclusive pokemon, areas are nothing more than a cash grab. IT

Im guessing its for trading with people who has the other version. Only crazy people buy both...

Wouldnt that actually make the 3rd iteration games the cash grab instead?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Dont really get the Pokemon craze...

Gotta catch them all.........no, not really.

KLXVER said:

They are just really well made, fun games.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Dark Chaos said:
KLXVER said:

Wouldnt that actually make the 3rd iteration games the cash grab instead?

Well its the complete version that should've released first but since its released last I guess you're right.

Funny how Nintendo were the pioneers to DLC/added content behind a paywall.

zorg1000 said:
KLXVER said:

They are just really well made, fun games.

I played and beat Pokemon Diamond. What exactly have I missed out on with the later iterations?