By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why is Pokemon OR/AS getting so little hype?

Tagged games:

Sounds like they're following the Sony strategy of letting people figure things out on their a la Puppeteer and Sly 4. Bold...yet kinda dumb lol. The only difference is that this is an established franchise and I bet they'll spend a good chunk of advertising near the end and show some gameplay in September or something.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

Well, there is nothing THAT exciting about OR/AS.........so far at least!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I see them slowly doing it towards the end. I guess with more games coming this year naturally, they want to advertise equally. X and Y was a new generation of Pokemon, Ruby and Sapphire is just a remake that will go down well anyway.

mZuzek said:

It has a very uninteresting region, awful storyline, horrible new set of Pokémon (and also very limited selection of previous ones), average soundtrack, underwhelming graphics for its hardware, and above everything a horrible engine that keeps everything running at a ridiculously low pace. Seriously, everything runs so slow. Battle animations take a very long time, text speed is appalling, even the player movement is dramatically slow. I simply can't play that game without getting bored because any stupid battle against a random trainer with a couple of Pokémon takes like 5 minutes. It's even worse when the game spends a further 10 seconds each turn reminding you there's a weather condition.

Gens 5 and 6 are far better in every possible aspect. Better storyline, soundtrack, graphics, Pokémon selection and region. The engine is not even worth mentioning. When compared to Gen 5, Diamond and Pearl really do feel frozen solid. Gen 6 moves at an even better pace. This makes the games FAR more enjoyable as you don't have to waste countless minutes (eventually hours by the end of the game) mashing A just to get done with dialogue.

You're right about D/P being very slow. It takes over half a second to respond to each and every button press you do. 

However I think it's important to point out that Platinum was quite a bit quicker, and HG/SS was even faster, midway between the speed of Diamond/Pearl and Black/White. Not every gen 4 game was horribly slow. But yeah Diamond/Pearl are. 

Yep.

The game is releasing in November not every game needs to be treated like Smash does. Naturally there will be a trickle then deluge of information nearer release date. Also these are remakes so they don't need a full marketing campaign, save some of that money for Hyrule warriors and Bayonetta.

Around the Network

because its the same as others pokemons games maybe

Maybe people got tired of paying for the same game for the 100th time?  And because they finally realized the series sucks.

It's a remake...

Have a nice day...

It's a remake! Besides the marketing campaign will start closer to the release date. It will still sell millions - the pokemon community is huge

Partly I think it's because Q4 2014 is absolutely stacked, especially given that ORAS will be going up against SSB, and partly it might be due to the fact that we already had a pokemon game last year - might be a bit soon for another?

Plus, though they still sold gangbusters (and have a place close to my heart as my first pokemon games, and possibly my favourite games ever), there isn't quite as much RSE nostalgia to leverage as there was with the Gen 1 and 2 remakes