By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why is Pokemon OR/AS getting so little hype?

Tagged games:

Probably because X/Y didn't come out that long ago and were already seeing another game.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Dark Chaos said:

Its the same game. The graphics in 2014 look like ass and there are no new major additions.
Plus people have gotten tired of Nintendo milking Pokemon. We have gotten a Pokemon game every year for what feels like the past 5 years.

Finally, would it kill Nintendo to release OR and AS as one package?? Are they that greedy and arrogant?

MS is releasing Halo MCC as one package.
Sony has released countless HD collections.
Nintendo would like its Pokemon fans to bend backwards and buy two copies of essentially the same game.

Its a cash grab and media and fans have gotten tired of it.

Obviously fans arent sick of it since the games still continue to consistantly sell huge amounts. Back in April, Nintendo gave official numbers for some of the previous Pokemon games.

Ruby/Sapphire (2002)-16.22m

FireRed/LeafGreen (2004)-12m

Diamond/Pearl (2006)-17.63m

HeartGold/SoulSilver (2009)-12.67m

Black/White (2010)-15.42m

X/Y (2013)-12m and counting

X/Y will likely go on to sell over 15m like the previous new gens and OR/AS will likely sell over 10m just like the previous remakes.

Didn't Black2/White2 sell badly in comparison to the rest?

I don't think OR/AS will sell like previous reiterations. It will sell but I doubt it sells over 7million.

All the hype came at the beginning. The announcement video has over 2 million views and got there rather quickly. (It was also trending on Twitter, for whatever that's worth.) It will return near release.

Nintendo really swept the 3DS as a whole under the carpet at E3 this year. I wasn't expecting much, and that's what I got.

As we get closer to the end of Summer the hype train will leave the station for Pokemon.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

Dark Chaos said:
zorg1000 said:
Dark Chaos said:

Its the same game. The graphics in 2014 look like ass and there are no new major additions.
Plus people have gotten tired of Nintendo milking Pokemon. We have gotten a Pokemon game every year for what feels like the past 5 years.

Finally, would it kill Nintendo to release OR and AS as one package?? Are they that greedy and arrogant?

MS is releasing Halo MCC as one package.
Sony has released countless HD collections.
Nintendo would like its Pokemon fans to bend backwards and buy two copies of essentially the same game.

Its a cash grab and media and fans have gotten tired of it.

Obviously fans arent sick of it since the games still continue to consistantly sell huge amounts. Back in April, Nintendo gave official numbers for some of the previous Pokemon games.

Ruby/Sapphire (2002)-16.22m

FireRed/LeafGreen (2004)-12m

Diamond/Pearl (2006)-17.63m

HeartGold/SoulSilver (2009)-12.67m

Black/White (2010)-15.42m

X/Y (2013)-12m and counting

X/Y will likely go on to sell over 15m like the previous new gens and OR/AS will likely sell over 10m just like the previous remakes.

Didn't Black2/White2 sell badly in comparison to the rest?

I don't think OR/AS will sell like previous reiterations. It will sell but I doubt it sells over 7million.

B2/W2 werent brand new generations, they were direct sequels to an already established generation. Despite being sequels, they were seen as being a different take on the 3rd iteration expansion that previous generations had and sold accordingly. Crystal/Emerald/Platinum/B2W2 all sold roughly 7m.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Dark Chaos said:

You do realize why there were always two versions right? (I am making the assumption that you've played a pokemon game before.)

Pretty sure they're more focused on marketing the Wii U at the moment to worry about advertising for the Pokemon remake that they know is gonna sell well right outta the gate. They literally just needed to say the words "Hoenn Remake" to make me incredibly hyped for the game. They'll probably mention it in the September Direct though, and release more info/trailers as we chug along to release :)

Current Consoles: Gaming PC, Wii U, 3DS

sc94597 said:
Dark Chaos said:

You do realize why there were always two versions right? (I am making the assumption that you've played a pokemon game before.)

To force you to buy two copies of the same game with slight differences? Having exclusive pokemon, areas are nothing more than a cash grab.

Dark Chaos said:
sc94597 said:
Dark Chaos said:

To force you to buy two copies of the same game with slight differences? Having exclusive pokemon, areas are nothing more than a cash grab.

Im guessing its for trading with people who has the other version. Only crazy people buy both...

Dark Chaos said:
sc94597 said:
Dark Chaos said:

No, the point Is for u to buy one version and a friend to buy the other so that u can trade/battle. Most people do not buy both versions and thats not what Nintendo expects u to do either.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.