By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why is Pokemon OR/AS getting so little hype?

Tagged games:

KLXVER said:
zorg1000 said:
KLXVER said:

Dont really get the Pokemon craze...

Gotta catch them all.........no, not really.

They are just really well made, fun games.

I played and beat Pokemon Diamond. What exactly have I missed out on with the later iterations?

Its the competitive scene. It takes alot of effort to become just decent, Lots of strategies/mind games/fun! :)

Around the Network
Dark Chaos said:
zorg1000 said:
Dark Chaos said:
KLXVER said:

Im guessing its for trading with people who has the other version. Only crazy people buy both...

But then why release games like Platinum, Crystal which includes a combination of everything? Its nothing but a cash grab. They could release the complete version like Crystal or Platinum but instead split it into two games first.

Wouldnt that actually make the 3rd iteration games the cash grab instead?

Well its the complete version that should've released first but since its released last I guess you're right.

Funny how Nintendo were the pioneers to DLC/added content behind a paywall.

Im pretty sure expansion packs were available on PC before Pokemon came around.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

mZuzek said:
KLXVER said:

I played and beat Pokemon Diamond. What exactly have I missed out on with the later iterations?

You've basically played the worst Pokémon game ever.
But sure, every game follows that same formula to a certain extent, but with new Pokémon, moves, region, characters and story.

Meh Ill pass. Would like to see a full blown console Pokemon though:)

KLXVER said:
zorg1000 said:
KLXVER said:

Dont really get the Pokemon craze...

Gotta catch them all.........no, not really.

They are just really well made, fun games.

Cant that question be applied to any long running franchise? What does the new Call of Duty, FIFA, Madden, Assassin's Creed, Mario Kart add? For the most part just refining/tweaking and adding a few new features.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

mZuzek said:
KLXVER said:

Meh Ill pass. Would like to see a full blown console Pokemon though:)

You've no idea how much worse Diamond is to the other Pokémon games, especially the more recent ones.

How much worse can it be, really?

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

It has a very uninteresting region, awful storyline, horrible new set of Pokémon (and also very limited selection of previous ones), average soundtrack, underwhelming graphics for its hardware, and above everything a horrible engine that keeps everything running at a ridiculously low pace. Seriously, everything runs so slow. Battle animations take a very long time, text speed is appalling, even the player movement is dramatically slow. I simply can't play that game without getting bored because any stupid battle against a random trainer with a couple of Pokémon takes like 5 minutes. It's even worse when the game spends a further 10 seconds each turn reminding you there's a weather condition.

Gens 5 and 6 are far better in every possible aspect. Better storyline, soundtrack, graphics, Pokémon selection and region. The engine is not even worth mentioning. When compared to Gen 5, Diamond and Pearl really do feel frozen solid. Gen 6 moves at an even better pace. This makes the games FAR more enjoyable as you don't have to waste countless minutes (eventually hours by the end of the game) mashing A just to get done with dialogue.

Hmmmm....well I might get around to playing X or Y sometime. I though Diamond was pretty fun, so the others must be a blast.

KLXVER said:
mZuzek said:

It has a very uninteresting region, awful storyline, horrible new set of Pokémon (and also very limited selection of previous ones), average soundtrack, underwhelming graphics for its hardware, and above everything a horrible engine that keeps everything running at a ridiculously low pace. Seriously, everything runs so slow. Battle animations take a very long time, text speed is appalling, even the player movement is dramatically slow. I simply can't play that game without getting bored because any stupid battle against a random trainer with a couple of Pokémon takes like 5 minutes. It's even worse when the game spends a further 10 seconds each turn reminding you there's a weather condition.

Gens 5 and 6 are far better in every possible aspect. Better storyline, soundtrack, graphics, Pokémon selection and region. The engine is not even worth mentioning. When compared to Gen 5, Diamond and Pearl really do feel frozen solid. Gen 6 moves at an even better pace. This makes the games FAR more enjoyable as you don't have to waste countless minutes (eventually hours by the end of the game) mashing A just to get done with dialogue.

Hmmmm....well I might get around to playing X or Y sometime. I though Diamond was pretty fun, so the others must be a blast.

Ya if u own a 3DS or plan on getting one in the future then there is no reason not to give the games a shot. Plus the jump from 2D sprites to 3D polygons is a pretty big jump for the series, think the jump from Super Mario World to Super Mario 64.

Ofcourse I own a 3DS. Im a gamer after all;)

KLXVER said:
Ofcourse I own a 3DS. Im a gamer after all;)

Well then u owe it to urself to play the new generation of Pokemon. Ill warn u tho that there are a few flaws, too many rivals and most of the are pretty annoying and the villians motive is kinda lame (take over the world using fashion) but it has the biggest graphical leap in the series history and has some of the best designed Pokemon in the last few gens (I found gen 4/5 to have alot of really lame looking Pokemon).

Another thing I really enjoyed is the diversity in wild Pokemon early on in the game, in previous gens u could only find a few basic Pokemon in the early going (pretty much new gen bird and new gen normal type mammal) but in this one there are so many different Pokemon types u can catch early on which will help u build a well rounded team.

I thought it was the opposite.