By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why some men opt to play as women when given the option!

I never play as females unless they are the main characters in a game. Doesn't mean I don't appreciate them. I love women, but would rather not be one in a game even if given the choice. Heh

Around the Network

I always choose a guy for several reasons. But it's kind of refreshing seeing a female on the leading role.

Mr_No said:
I always choose a guy for several reasons. But it's kind of refreshing seeing a female on the leading role.

So true. Can't wait for the Last of Us sequel!

I literally never play as as a male unless the male is really badass, even with FFXIV: ARR where the male Miqo'te was really badass, i still ended up playing as girl.

Upskirts, max boob size nonwithstanding, jiggle physics... what were we talking about again?

As for ME, Femshep has better VA 95% of the time to Shepard. And even Paladin Femshep is pretty Renagade.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr_No said:

Not to mention Rise of the Tomb Raider. Can't wait for it either.

Around the Network
Mr_No said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr_No said:

Not to mention Rise of the Tomb Raider. Can't wait for it either.

I'll wait for that to hit bargain bin. Heh...not as good as Naughty Dog, but i'll get around to it. Heh

There's always classes that players like to play. There's the strong barbarian, the intellectual scholar/wizard, the agile assassin, the versatile healer, etc.
I like to play as agile glass cannon characters, the kind where my skill as a player makes the difference in my enjoyment. I don't like raining down destruction, or punching everyone in the face...I like running quickly, dodging, and decimating from close or far.
Preprogrammed women tend to fall into that category more often than not, and it's just also i guess, my inner stereotyping that says to me 'women are agile'. I like the agility and elegance that female characters tend to bring to the game.
That's not to say I prefer all females. There are lots of games where the males are much better.
I'll use tekken as an example. My favorite character is Yoshimitsu because he's a low damage, high burst damage, jab based character who uses confusing movements and elegant combos to build openings.

Basically, when I play a game I use my skill to make my play as artistically pleasing as possible. I never run and gun. I never play sloppily.
Watching is simply more pleasurable when I see a female character performing this "dance".

I guess that is how I would describe it.

theprof00 said:
There's always classes that players like to play. There's the strong barbarian, the intellectual scholar/wizard, the agile assassin, the versatile healer, etc.
I like to play as agile glass cannon characters, the kind where my skill as a player makes the difference in my enjoyment. I don't like raining down destruction, or punching everyone in the face...I like running quickly, dodging, and decimating from close or far.
Preprogrammed women tend to fall into that category more often than not, and it's just also i guess, my inner stereotyping that says to me 'women are agile'. I like the agility and elegance that female characters tend to bring to the game.
That's not to say I prefer all females. There are lots of games where the males are much better.
I'll use tekken as an example. My favorite character is Yoshimitsu because he's a low damage, high burst damage, jab based character who uses confusing movements and elegant combos to build openings.

Basically, when I play a game I use my skill to make my play as artistically pleasing as possible. I never run and gun. I never play sloppily.
Watching is simply more pleasurable when I see a female character performing this "dance".

I guess that is how I would describe it.

I totally agree, that basically describes all my Characters in Skyrim

I also feel like playing someone who isn't like me at all when I play RPGs

Let me think about it:

Skyrim: 9 characters, all girls

Oblivion: 1 female character

ME 1, 2, 3: 2 Female characters, Paladin and Renegade

ME 1,: 1 didn't leave the first area though if we are being honest

ToGR: I always play as that crazy girl with the long blonde hair

Smash:  Peach or Zelda maintain far exceeds the combined time I've mained fox, falco, pikachu, and Dr. Mario

I've mained Peach followed by Zelda followed by Ganondorf, followed by Shiek

DCUO: 2 Female characters 1 hero 1 villian

FFXIV ARR: 1 female Miqot'te, which is rare because I usually never play non-human characters

Flyff: 1 male, 3 females I believe

TA: Generally play as Last of Order, then Vigalante Archer, then Prince

SR 2,3,4: All Girls 2 was black, 3 was white, 4 was russian I think

S4 League: 3 male, 10 female more or less

RF: The exception, played 4 males, 2 females.

There's a lot more but you get the drift...

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

We're born one gender, and changing our physical organs, and getting surgeries to alter our appearance to deceive others, doesn't change what's in our chromosomes, or our genes. That being said, I play as both. I often have multiple characters of each gender, especially in games like KOTOR, where the subplots were different for each gender.

The first female I've played as was Elise in SSX and created a female character in Saints Row the Third and DC Universe. Other than that i play as males.

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179