By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why some men opt to play as women when given the option!

Bristow9091 said:
maximus22 said:
Bristow9091 said:
Personally I find it creepy when guys say they play as a female because they'd rather look at a pretty arse or something for hours instead of a guy, or that they find them attractive and stuff, things that like really freak me out, I mean, jesus christ guys, it's a videogame character, it's not real, and up until the last decade or so, they've looked like lego characters... you make it seem like you're so attached to this female character because of how she looks, that you just pick the female option and sit there violently masturbating with a huge smirk on your face or something, and that's what annoys me.

I always pick male by default, especially if it has a proper character creation, since I like to create myself in the game, however, if the gender choice affects the story significantly, and not just a few sentences and word swaps (Her instead of him and so on), then I'll play as the female AFTER I've finished the story with the male character.

Jeez louise.  How do you take picking a female over a male because that's what someone would rather look at to mean they masturbate furiously and obsessively over said character?  Just given the choice I'd rather look at a girl, that's it.  

But why does it matter if you're looking at a girl or a guy? Personally I pay more attention to what's going on around my character, not the character itself...

Why should gender affect my immersion or what I pay attention to? 

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

I'll tell you why. its because who doesn't like looking at butts and titties?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I prefer females million of times! I'm really annoyed about how Incomniac wouldn't allow us to play as a female character in Ratchet and Clank All 4 One

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

Bristow9091 said:
maximus22 said:
Bristow9091 said:
Personally I find it creepy when guys say they play as a female because they'd rather look at a pretty arse or something for hours instead of a guy, or that they find them attractive and stuff, things that like really freak me out, I mean, jesus christ guys, it's a videogame character, it's not real, and up until the last decade or so, they've looked like lego characters... you make it seem like you're so attached to this female character because of how she looks, that you just pick the female option and sit there violently masturbating with a huge smirk on your face or something, and that's what annoys me.

I always pick male by default, especially if it has a proper character creation, since I like to create myself in the game, however, if the gender choice affects the story significantly, and not just a few sentences and word swaps (Her instead of him and so on), then I'll play as the female AFTER I've finished the story with the male character.

Jeez louise.  How do you take picking a female over a male because that's what someone would rather look at to mean they masturbate furiously and obsessively over said character?  Just given the choice I'd rather look at a girl, that's it.  

But why does it matter if you're looking at a girl or a guy? Personally I pay more attention to what's going on around my character, not the character itself...

Precisely my point... it doesn't matter.  And if it doesn't matter then why not pick the character I'd prefer to look at.

deskpro2k3 said:
I'll tell you why. its because who doesn't like looking at butts and titties?

I multitask...

But I must admit I was slightly dissapointed in the max breast size slider in ARR

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
etking said:
You may be gay if you choose the male avatar as a male player. Who does not like watching a half naked girl jumping around and slaying monsters. Even in games like Tales of Xilia, I see no reason to choose the boy at all.

Because Milla's voice makes you want to break things.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

So i recently played Saints Row The Third with the intention of playing Saints Row 4 immediately after that. When i started the game i chose the male version, but towards the end of the game i changed to the female for some reason. I actually ended up liking the female character more than the male character so not only did i finish the game as a female but also played Saints Row 4 in its entirety as female never even considering going back. I need to do a Mass Effect run as female at some point

chocoloco said:

I read the first sentences and thought it was talking about using female avatars on forums. I mostly wonder why grown men use females, or children as avatars on forums. It is stranger than playing a female in character in a game.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Depends on the game, in fighting games I generally play as a female, other games it's pretty mixed. Overall though I'd say I pick females more.

outlawauron said:
chocoloco said:

I read the first sentences and thought it was talking about using female avatars on forums. I mostly wonder why grown men use females, or children as avatars on forums. It is stranger than playing a female in character in a game.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

You're are welcome girlfriend!