By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Omgggg guyss this song slays my soul!!!!

you will find people who label anything Rock as trash, rap as trash, pop as trash, mainstream as trash, RnB as trash, new age as trash, Dance as trash or indie as trash.. but I find this as being very close minded. There's a song for every mood, time, place or even memory regardless of genre imo. I can enjoy similar songs like that in the OP depending on those factors I mentioned. I generally love almost all kinds/genres of music.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Around the Network
trixiemafia86 said:
Why is it "cool" to hate on modern music. I like songs from many genres, old and new. I think you'll always find songs you like regardless of age. However, if you stick to only a single genre then hating modern or old songs is expected due to changes that have occurred in the industry. e.g how RnB and changed.
Overall, I think there is still a lot of good songs imo, you just need to loosen up people.

There are a lot of good modern songs, but the one in the OP and 99% of them on the Billboard top 100 are not good modern songs...I don't think anyone would deny that there is still good music being made, just that its not in the forefront of music anymore...

EDIT: To restate my earlier post: I love all types of music, but that doesn't mean I love all music

Ps3 said:

Taylor Swift is an artist beyond an artist. She is up there with all the greats such as John Lennon, Janis Joplin, Curt Cobain, etc. In fact, she may even be greater. She is a true artist who speaks with her music and knows exactly what real music is. She is so talented that if those artists were still alive they would be begging to work with her, but she's so busy they'd have to wait in line like everyone else.

I nearly peed I was laughing so hard. I appreciate the fact that Swift writes her own music, which is commendable in this day and age, and I even like one or two of her songs. But you are comparing her to artists whose music has endured for decades universally. Get back to me in 2040 and we'll see how much Swift's legacy has survived.

Music is always subjective though, you might absolutely love something today but hate it in a few weeks/months. Only very few songs stand the test of time.

Also, I like Charli XCX, but this song is nowhere near her best effort.

Ps3 said:
hunter_alien said:

You dare question  anybodies talent or taste after you post that video on this site? Or calling Taylor Swift an artist? People like you are the reason why Transformers 4 and Lady Gaga top the charts, and why Farmvile 2 exists...

Taylor Swift is an artist beyond an artist. She is up there with all the greats such as John Lennon, Janis Joplin, Curt Cobain, etc. In fact, she may even be greater. She is a true artist who speaks with her music and knows exactly what real music is. She is so talented that if those artists were still alive they would be begging to work with her, but she's so busy they'd have to wait in line like everyone else.

I listened to it and it wasnt as horrible as people on here make it out to be, and I was going to defend different tastes for different people but you my friend went off the deepend with this statement.

Ps3 said:
hunter_alien said:

You dare question  anybodies talent or taste after you post that video on this site? Or calling Taylor Swift an artist? People like you are the reason why Transformers 4 and Lady Gaga top the charts, and why Farmvile 2 exists...

Is this a joke or do you actually believe in what you have just said? I find it difficult to believe you are serious.

Around the Network

Not sure what I was expecting, but this wasn't it.  Harmful enough I suppose, but is it Coltrane? Hell no. 

Yep, I figured this was a Ps3 thread.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I find that video highly offensive. It objectifies women too much

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

I only have one word:

P anter A

yaaaas i love charli xcx