By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Omgggg guyss this song slays my soul!!!!

Gross mainstream crap.

Around the Network

No silver or no gold
Could dress me up so good
You're the glitter in the darkness of my world
Just tell me what to do
I'll fall right into you
Going under cast a spell just say the word
I feel your love

Just took a random portion of the lyrics. If it speaks to you, then good for you. Others will not like this as much as you. Personally speaking, it's not too bad. Not the worst song in the world. Catchy after a while, but not my bag baby.

It's rather generic, like any other pop song in the last few years. But hey whatever floats your boat.

sundin13 said:
Ps3 said:
sundin13 said:
Quick Review:
-Beat is sleepy time boring. Not sure what vibe this song was trying to run with but it stays in a place that makes never exciting but with a chorus that is too loud for chill time.
-Singing is mediocre at best. She doesn't have a good enough or interesting enough voice to pull of what she is going for in the verse and chorus is well...
-The chorus lyrics are wretched. They seem to be just random cliches thrown together with no rhyme or reason (serious...no rhymes)
-The verse lyrics on the other hand are actually pretty interesting. While this seems to be a pretty simple love song, she uses enough subtlety to keep things interesting and manages to stay away from cheese-y ville. Props.

At the heart of the matter: Musically and vocally it falls pretty much into "average", without really doing much to set it apart or keep it interesting but the lyrics in the verses provide just enough uniqueness to make this song get a solid "Yeah, I mean its better than what I usually hear on the radio" so congrats for that.

So may I ask what you do listen to? I'm sure I could guess, but I would like to know.

A lot of stuff...I tend to dabble in almost every genre except for country (Johnny Cash being the one exception) and pop (which I often find hard to classify as a genre due to it mostly just being whatever is popular in other genres).

Random selection of stuff I listen to:
Queens of the Stone Age, Astronautalis, The Pillows, Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers, Why?, Infinity Shred, Mos Def, Eyedea and Abilities, Gorillaz, Rush, Slint, Alice in Chains, Tool, Dozer, Deftones, Protest the Hero, Tenacious D, Cage the Elephant, Modest Mouse, POS, The Protomen etc...

Now may I ask out of curiousity what you were expecting?

Im really glad u gave a shout out to Deftones, they are one of my favorite bands and extremely under appreciated. Even after 20 or so years they are still evolving as artists and its rare for a band to be around that long without starting to make the same music over and over again. By chance have u listened to Chino's side project, Crosses? If not u should check them out.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Ugh, more generic pop superficial formulaic crap. I barely made it through the first verse before my IQ started dropping.

I am not opening one of your music recommendation links ever again. I am too old to be losing IQ points any faster than I already am.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Ps3 said:

This song is gonna be #1 for weeks!! One of the songs of the summer for sure! You guys have to know her, she's the girl that sings the chorus to Iggy Azalea's current #1 smash hit Fancy. This song is already flying so fast up the charts and it's a contender for song of the summer. She's Charli XCX!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOPMlIIg_38

You should try out Lorde, she's even BFFs with your idol Taylor Swift.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

hunter_alien said:
Ps3 said:
hunter_alien said:
Thank god that the indie scene is thriving

It is!? Where, not at the top of the charts for sure..

Who the fuck cares? 

Everyone.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

brighat said:
Find it hard to believe 22 year-old men would want to listen to crass Top 40.

Yeah, cause this isn't a sexist comment at all, but we all know sexism doesn't exist on VGChartz.

hunter_alien said:

You dare question  anybodies talent or taste after you post that video on this site? Or calling Taylor Swift an artist? People like you are the reason why Transformers 4 and Lady Gaga top the charts, and why Farmvile 2 exists...

Taylor Swift is an artist beyond an artist. She is up there with all the greats such as John Lennon, Janis Joplin, Curt Cobain, etc. In fact, she may even be greater. She is a true artist who speaks with her music and knows exactly what real music is. She is so talented that if those artists were still alive they would be begging to work with her, but she's so busy they'd have to wait in line like everyone else.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

hunter_alien said:

You dare question  anybodies talent or taste after you post that video on this site? Or calling Taylor Swift an artist? People like you are the reason why Transformers 4 and Lady Gaga top the charts, and why Farmvile 2 exists...

Taylor Swift is an artist beyond an artist. She is up there with all the greats such as John Lennon, Janis Joplin, Curt Cobain, etc. In fact, she may even be greater. She is a true artist who speaks with her music and knows exactly what real music is. She is so talented that if those artists were still alive they would be begging to work with her, but she's so busy they'd have to wait in line like everyone else.

It's catchy, but my soul remains untouched.