By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Omgggg guyss this song slays my soul!!!!

flagstaad said:
hunter_alien said:
No offense OP but this is your average radio trash... It has absolutely no value. Lyrically its the same thing we are hearing for 3 decades now and the beat is irritating at best, vomit inducing at its worst and her singing is absolutely pathetic. I can get you 2 dozen girls who have a better voice then her, by simply taking a stroll to the gas station.

Thank god that the indie scene is thriving, otherwise I would be listening to 5 new songs every year. And that would be a good year.

^This. I think the opener is passing his/her feelings for the movie to the song, because it is not a very good song. Now if you want a soul slayer song, think more in the lines of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l95D7leeU3w

Gald that Im not the only one who thinks this way Love that song... but you know, the difference is that JC actually had talent

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:

I dont hate on them because they are cool, get over yourself. LOately anyone who has slightly different taste in anything is labeled as a hypster. Just an hour ago I was listening to Lana Del Ray, and I absolutly loved the latest Godzilla movie, for what it is. Im not hating, to be cool, I kind-off passed that when my puberty ended.... lets say 8yeas ago? I hate them because they add absolutly nothing to the current state of the industry or value for their respective genres... they are the freemium FB games of the music/movie industry...

It's good to know you passed the puberty, I never had any doubts about that though.

Wdonhy do you think they don't add anything to the industry? They are profitable and generate lots of money, maybe you don't like their music/movies but they are helping the industry in their own way.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

This song slays my soul

Nintendo and PC gamer

Anfebious said:
hunter_alien said:

I dont hate on them because they are cool, get over yourself. LOately anyone who has slightly different taste in anything is labeled as a hypster. Just an hour ago I was listening to Lana Del Ray, and I absolutly loved the latest Godzilla movie, for what it is. Im not hating, to be cool, I kind-off passed that when my puberty ended.... lets say 8yeas ago? I hate them because they add absolutly nothing to the current state of the industry or value for their respective genres... they are the freemium FB games of the music/movie industry...

It's good to know you passed the puberty, I never had any doubts about that though.

Wdonhy do you think they don't add anything to the industry? They are profitable and generate lots of money, maybe you don't like their music/movies but they are helping the industry in their own way.

But thats the issue... that money is not spent on actually evolving their respective medium. They are spent by simply recycling old stuff over and over again. Most things that are original and groundbreaking and the rare instances that they make money, are called the few ocasions, and are dismissed as flukes.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I'm sorry OP, you and I don't follow the same music trends. Happy that you've found your summer jam though !

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
Quick Review:
-Beat is sleepy time boring. Not sure what vibe this song was trying to run with but it stays in a place that makes never exciting but with a chorus that is too loud for chill time.
-Singing is mediocre at best. She doesn't have a good enough or interesting enough voice to pull of what she is going for in the verse and chorus is well...
-The chorus lyrics are wretched. They seem to be just random cliches thrown together with no rhyme or reason (serious...no rhymes)
-The verse lyrics on the other hand are actually pretty interesting. While this seems to be a pretty simple love song, she uses enough subtlety to keep things interesting and manages to stay away from cheese-y ville. Props.

At the heart of the matter: Musically and vocally it falls pretty much into "average", without really doing much to set it apart or keep it interesting but the lyrics in the verses provide just enough uniqueness to make this song get a solid "Yeah, I mean its better than what I usually hear on the radio" so congrats for that.

This is actually a pretty good summary. Sorry OP, but you can go shake a random tree, and at least a half dozen girls like your new crush would fall out. Nothing special, and when you hear this song again in about two years, you will suddenly realize you've forgotten all about it.

Anfebious said:

It's because they are good movies/artists. You shouldn't hate on mainstream stuff, it doesn't make you unique or cool.

Did you seriously describe any of the Transformers movies as "good"? Ouch...

OT: Her voice bothers the hell out of me in both Fancy (which is a song I don't like anyway) and of course in this song. I'm not sorry that I don't like her, but good for you for finding your new summer song. 

Now there is a battle in my mind on whether this is worse than Rebecca Black's Friday.

http://youtu.be/kfVsfOSbJY0

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
NintendoPie said:
Anfebious said:

It's because they are good movies/artists. You shouldn't hate on mainstream stuff, it doesn't make you unique or cool.

Did you seriously describe any of the Transformers movies as "good"? Ouch...

OT: Her voice bothers the hell out of me in both Fancy (which is a song I don't like anyway) and of course in this song. I'm not sorry that I don't like her, but good for you for finding your new summer song. 

Yes, Michael Bay is way underrated.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

not half bad I guess...better than taylor swift bubble gum trash mindless drivel.... girl singing can lay off the sweets.