By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Omgggg guyss this song slays my soul!!!!

CladInShadows said:
Ps3 said:
Hornet303 said:
Damn, I bit. I was expecting some type of speed metal. I guess its fine if you're a teenage girl or a teenage boy trying to impress a teenage girl.

Speed metal is if you're trying to annoy the landlord by banging on your pots and pans screaming at the top of your lungs. [/notalent]

That's probably the most ignorant thing I have read on here.  Congrats.

I wouldn't say his comment is any more ignorant than the one he was replying to. Silly stereotypical blanket statements, is all.

OT: It's alright. Not really my cup of tea, though.

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:

Indeed. There's a lot of bands in this list that I really like. I've been a metalhead since I was a kid, having grown up listening to old Metallica, Megadeth, and Maiden back in the 80s.

...Blind Guardian is classified as speed metal? I'll have to check out a few more of the artists on that list.

Ps3 said:
hunter_alien said:

You dare question  anybodies talent or taste after you post that video on this site? Or calling Taylor Swift an artist? People like you are the reason why Transformers 4 and Lady Gaga top the charts, and why Farmvile 2 exists...

Taylor Swift is an artist beyond an artist. She is up there with all the greats such as John Lennon, Janis Joplin, Curt Cobain, etc. In fact, she may even be greater. She is a true artist who speaks with her music and knows exactly what real music is. She is so talented that if those artists were still alive they would be begging to work with her, but she's so busy they'd have to wait in line like everyone else.

My friend I admire the passion on everything Taylor you have... But your sense of music is just completely different than mine (and most people on thos topic). Everyone is right on their own way though...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

You had to know we would crucify you, OP. You had to know.

Ps3 said:
hunter_alien said:
Ps3 said:
hunter_alien said:
Thank god that the indie scene is thriving

It is!? Where, not at the top of the charts for sure..

Who the fuck cares? 

Everyone.

Nobody who has an IQ above 27 cares...

And wow, about Taylor Swift being an artist. I guess for every trash you get a dump...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:

Im really glad u gave a shout out to Deftones, they are one of my favorite bands and extremely under appreciated. Even after 20 or so years they are still evolving as artists and its rare for a band to be around that long without starting to make the same music over and over again. By chance have u listened to Chino's side project, Crosses? If not u should check them out.

I have heard them and they are also quite good. I don't like them quite as much as Deftones but I do listen to them every once in a while. Ya know, for years I said I didn't like Deftones because I really only heard one or two songs, and then I heard the song Passenger (with MJK) and realized that their was a lot more to them than I expected. I still don't really love the Nu Metal influences on some of their early stuff but when they don't mess with that too much, I love their music. 

Ps3 said:
hunter_alien said:

You dare question  anybodies talent or taste after you post that video on this site? Or calling Taylor Swift an artist? People like you are the reason why Transformers 4 and Lady Gaga top the charts, and why Farmvile 2 exists...

Taylor Swift is an artist beyond an artist. She is up there with all the greats such as John Lennon, Janis Joplin, Curt Cobain, etc. In fact, she may even be greater. She is a true artist who speaks with her music and knows exactly what real music is. She is so talented that if those artists were still alive they would be begging to work with her, but she's so busy they'd have to wait in line like everyone else.

Ah, so this is a joke account. Should've seen that coming...

Ps3 said:
hunter_alien said:

Taylor Swift is an artist beyond an artist. She is up there with all the greats such as John Lennon, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, etc. In fact, she may even be greater. She is a true artist who speaks with her music and knows exactly what real music is. She is so talented that if those artists were still alive they would be begging to work with her, but she's so busy they'd have to wait in line like everyone else.

I think all three of them just rolled in their grave after that absurd/ ridiculous comment. Taylor Swift is a pop singer who makes generic songs for teenage girls. She is not a groundbreaking artists who is attempting to push any musical boundaries. I do not know how to even address a ridiculous comment like this....so this video will have to do it for me.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Want to know what can slay you? I'll tell you right now.

Tomorrow afternoon I am attending day 1 of "My Country Fest". Yes, I am a country fan.

All you need to do is spend some time in the parking lot and watch those girls in the cut off shorts and high boots. Makes me feel as if had been slayed and went to heaven.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Young people have to defend their generation's auto-tuned, superficial, sizzle-over-steak music. What are they going to say to their offspring when popular music is mentioned? Pop music has been mostly horrendous since 2002. Nobody will be listening to this garbage in 2035.

Why is it "cool" to hate on modern music. I like songs from many genres, old and new. I think you'll always find songs you like regardless of age. However, if you stick to only a single genre then hating modern or old songs is expected due to changes that have occurred in the industry. e.g how RnB has changed.
Overall, I think there is still a lot of good songs imo, you just need to loosen up people.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]