By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Omgggg guyss this song slays my soul!!!!

trixiemafia86 said:

Why is it "cool" to hate on modern music. I like songs from many genres, old and new. I think you'll always find songs you like regardless of age. However, if you stick to only a single genre then hating modern or old songs is expected due to changes that have occurred in the industry. e.g how RnB has changed.
Overall, I think there is still a lot of good songs imo, you just need to loosen up people.

^This. I can find good music to listen to from every age and every genre. Some people just have some ridiculous elitist mentalities when it commes to music. As far as I know, music is sound that's pleasing to the ear so if people find the likes of Justin Bieber pleasing to their ears, let them be. Listen to Beethoven or something else if you so desire.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

Charli XCX is so mediocre in comparison to the other indie pop girls who came out of the whole "Tumblr scene". Lana Del Rey, Lorde, Azealia Banks and even Marina and the Diamonds offer way more better stuff compared to Charli. Her hooks are good but her solo stuff lacks personality.

Trunkin said:

That said, I don't look down on, or find the need to belittle those who enjoy pop more than my chosen style of music. After all, it's not like we're the one's who write and perform the music we so love to fight over, so what does it really matter how simple or complex the styles of music we listen to are?

Absolutely.  I also don't like to force my favourite music on people either.  My music is a personal thing and I don't need others to like it or even respect it.

I had intended on bypassing this thread because it was about a genre of music I don't care for.  But how can I NOT comment on the "pots and pans /notalent" posting? I always feel the need to at least say something to that kind of mindset. :)

episteme said:
Chris Hu said:
Meh, halfway decent song but definitely not a contender for song of the summer. PSY's Hangover is much more of a contender since its closing in on 100 million views.

I'm getting old, didn't know there was a new PSY song. OMG, that was awful!

Snoop Dogg would do anything for money nowadays... Even weird stuff like the Call of Duty voice pack or the Rayman Legends commercial. 

Don't forget the FIFA commericals and him being in the background on a stage in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.   Have to agree though that Spoop is doing pretty much anything for money now.

Wow, this song sucks.

Around the Network

Too many posts to reply to, but I'll do my best to do it in one.

This thread isn't about Taylor Swift, so IDK why she was even brought up. She's one of the greatest artists ever and I'm not sure if many of the greats would be able to hold their own in a studio with her. She may not be the strongest vocalist, but her talent excels beyond vocals. People like John Lennon and such are just as vocally talented as Taylor, but what separated them from others? Their song writing, same as Taylor Swift.

This song is doing so well on the charts, but just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's garbage. Being a musical snob isn't going to help you..

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

biotonne20 said:
Numberfox said:
Man, I got teary-eyed all over again seeing scenes from this movie :(

same here i bought the whole soundtrack and just listening to the songs makes me wanna cry omg

Such a sad movie! OMG it's amazing. The song fits so well with the movie though, it's beautiful and catchy. Boom Clap is gonna be #1 all summer long, making it, song of the summer, fact regardless what anyone in here says.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

Majora said:
Ps3 said:
hunter_alien said:

You dare question  anybodies talent or taste after you post that video on this site? Or calling Taylor Swift an artist? People like you are the reason why Transformers 4 and Lady Gaga top the charts, and why Farmvile 2 exists...

Taylor Swift is an artist beyond an artist. She is up there with all the greats such as John Lennon, Janis Joplin, Curt Cobain, etc. In fact, she may even be greater. She is a true artist who speaks with her music and knows exactly what real music is. She is so talented that if those artists were still alive they would be begging to work with her, but she's so busy they'd have to wait in line like everyone else.

Is this a joke or do you actually believe in what you have just said? I find it difficult to believe you are serious.

Why? Because my opinion differs from yours? Taylor Swift is a musical genius and has huge talent. If this was back in the day these artists would be begging to write music with her.

Ps3 said:
Majora said:
Ps3 said:
hunter_alien said:

You dare question  anybodies talent or taste after you post that video on this site? Or calling Taylor Swift an artist? People like you are the reason why Transformers 4 and Lady Gaga top the charts, and why Farmvile 2 exists...

Taylor Swift is an artist beyond an artist. She is up there with all the greats such as John Lennon, Janis Joplin, Curt Cobain, etc. In fact, she may even be greater. She is a true artist who speaks with her music and knows exactly what real music is. She is so talented that if those artists were still alive they would be begging to work with her, but she's so busy they'd have to wait in line like everyone else.

Is this a joke or do you actually believe in what you have just said? I find it difficult to believe you are serious.

Why? Because my opinion differs from yours? Taylor Swift is a musical genius and has huge talent. If this was back in the day these artists would be begging to write music with her.

They would be begging to fuck her most likely.

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:

They would be begging to fuck her must likely.

Everyone wants Taylor Swift. EVERYONE... Men want her women want to be her.