By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "I don't get the point of TLOU Remastered"

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Ironically, its a cash grab because he doesn't want it, I'm sure that if one was so inclined they could spin the console they don't like as a cash grab, but that would be a tough sell and obviously an agenda driven line of reasoning.

It is a cash grab, but theres nothing wrong with wanting it... I have bought many cash grab titles in my time and Im probably going to buy alot more:)

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
overman1 said:
bigtakilla said:
overman1 said:

Maybe because you arent critisizing Nintendo for WWHD...honesly, this is the first game Sony is remastering. why do u care?

I don't care, was just answering the op's question of getting the point of TLOU remaster. Also, this isn't a Wind Waker HD thread, posting off topic gets people banned. for "derailing".

lol you cant talk about one without talking about the other. that's like blaming the Nazi for the entire death toll of WW2. 

Yep, thats exactly the same thing.........

probably a bad example. but I see no other thread critsizing MS nor Nintendo for making thier own port/remasters. Seems like this is more of a hate thread directed towards Sony because they are outselling the competition. I have read various logical reasons why this remaster is a very good idea: the % of new players to the PS brand who never got a chance to play the game. The reduced price which includes all DLCs and extra content, and better specs. So, why all the hate? Cash grab? then dont buy it? 

Seems more like many are pissed the game is in high demand and they will not get this expirence on thier favorite console.

KLXVER said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Ironically, its a cash grab because he doesn't want it, I'm sure that if one was so inclined they could spin the console they don't like as a cash grab, but that would be a tough sell and obviously an agenda driven line of reasoning.

It is a cash grab, but theres nothing wrong with wanting it... I have bought many cash grab titles in my time and Im probably going to buy alot more:)

so why complain about this specific "cash grab"?

KLXVER said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Why is it a cash grab?

EDIT: Or better yet, what sets it a part from other cash grabs that you feel the need to expresely diminish its value and directly call it that. You mention other titles but you don't call them out on it. Being kinda hypocritical there.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
KLXVER said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Why is it a cash grab?

Because next to no effort went into this remaster compared to Wind Waker HD. Or so that's what they say.

Around the Network
overman1 said:
KLXVER said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

I complained in the Beyond: Two Souls Remastered thread as well, but people didnt defend that as much...so I didnt need to answer that many people.

KLXVER said:
overman1 said:
KLXVER said:

I complained in the Beyond: Two Souls Remastered thread as well, but people didnt defend that as much...so I didnt need to answer that many people.

Did you complain in any Wind Waker HD thread? And if you did, please provide a link to your comments.

Hynad said:

Did you complain in any Wind Waker HD thread? And if you did, please provide a link to your comments.

I havent seen one...

overman1 said:
bigtakilla said:
overman1 said:

Maybe because you arent critisizing Nintendo for WWHD...honesly, this is the first game Sony is remastering. why do u care?

I don't care, was just answering the op's question of getting the point of TLOU remaster. Also, this isn't a Wind Waker HD thread, posting off topic gets people banned. for "derailing".

lol you cant talk about one without talking about the other. that's like blaming the Nazi for the entire death toll of WW2. 

Before answering if Wind Waker HD is a cash grab we should ask some questions.

1: How long ago was the prior game released, this leads in to a new Generation being able to play a classic without having to find an old system and the old game?

Wind Waker released in 2002, Wind Waker HD released a decade later in 2012. 

The Last Of Us released June 14, 2013 with it's remake scheduled for August 29th 2014. A year and 2 months later, lol.  

2: What was the install base of the system the game was released on, which leads to how many people had the ability to play the prior game? 

Game Cube had 33 million units sold. It made Nintendo a profit, but hardly a Wii type hit.

PS3 had 80 million, either 2nd or 3rd in sales last gen, outsold by the Wii, but still was in a lot of homes.

3: How hard would it be to be able to find the older games and systems to play them today?

Game Cube and Wind Waker, pretty much impossible.

PS3 and TLOU you can literally go to any Gamestop and find both right now. 

Other considerations:

If the PS4 was just backwards compatible, it would be able to play it already. 

Nintendo needed a start to figure out HD development. Wind Wakers was an obvious choice for several different reasons as the game to get your feet wet in developing HD. 

KLXVER said:
Hynad said:

I havent seen one...

you can always make one (gasps)