By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "I don't get the point of TLOU Remastered"

Zero999 said:
Euphoria14 said:

They must also not understand the point of Wind Waker HD, GTA V on PS4/XBone or GoTY Editions.

Actually I don't see anyone really complaining about those, but PS4 is winning right now, so TLoU warrants complaining, since it costs $50, just like WWHD and actually less than your typical GoTY Edition.

Just ignore those people.

wind waker is a HD remaster of a 10 year old game. why are you comparing it to rereleases of one year old games?

A remaster is a remaster, age doesn't mean anything in that regard.

Wind Waker got upgraded. TLOU got upgraded.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:A remaster is a remaster, age doesn't mean anything in that regard.

Wind Waker got upgraded. TLOU got upgraded.

Not really, no.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

If they announced it any time before the PS4 released, people would've expected it to be a PS4 launch game. Why would they also purposely have their consoles competing against each other. That is all kinds of stupid.

I'm not saying that releasing The Last of us: Remastered like this is without merit.  What I'm saying is that they are doing it this way out of greed, and the consumer shouldn't be so quick to embrace this kind of shameless behavior.  Although yea, Sony is in the hole financially, so I suppose that makes sense there.  

Euphoria14 said:

They must also not understand the point of Wind Waker HD, GTA V on PS4/XBone or GoTY Editions.

Actually I don't see anyone really complaining about those, but PS4 is winning right now, so TLoU warrants complaining, since it costs $50, just like WWHD and actually less than your typical GoTY Edition.

It makes absolutly sense for Wind waker HD because the games was last released 10 years ago on the GameCube!!! But it makes no sence to remaster a game that was released last year on a platform which you can still purchase!!! Sony does that because they have no other games that they can release this fast to fill the summer hole, and this is shitty for those who already purchased the PS3 version, if these customers have known that the game will also release on the PlayStation 4 than I am sure these customers had wait for it before purchasing it for the PS3. It's just another stupid move from Sony to make fast money instead of releasing something new, and they should start developing more for the Vita, because now their acting like it doesen't exist!!!

TheDarkTriforce said:
Euphoria14 said:

It makes absolutly sense for Wind waker HD because the games was last released 10 years ago on the GameCube!!! But it makes no sence to remaster a game that was released last year on a platform which you can still purchase!!! Sony does that because they have no other games that they can release this fast to fill the summer hole, and this is shitty for those who already purchased the PS3 version, if these customers have known that the game will also release on the PlayStation 4 than I am sure these customers had wait for it before purchasing it for the PS3. It's just another stupid move from Sony to make fast money instead of releasing something new, and they should start developing more for the Vita, because now their acting like it doesen't exist!!!

I hope to see you bitch about every single GoTY edition from here on out.

Also how is this shitty for PS3 version owners? Do you own it? I do and I see no issues with PS4 owners having a taste. Not all PS4 owners had PS3's. I am sure you already knew that though.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
TheDarkTriforce said:

It makes absolutly sense for Wind waker HD because the games was last released 10 years ago on the GameCube!!! But it makes no sence to remaster a game that was released last year on a platform which you can still purchase!!!

Wind Waker HD makes sense because the Wii U can't start GC games. TLOU Remastered makes sense because the PS4 can't start PS3 games.

So the evil plan of Sony is that people who want to play PS4 games and TLOU only have to buy one Sony console instead of two? ;)

Conina said:
TheDarkTriforce said:

It makes absolutly sense for Wind waker HD because the games was last released 10 years ago on the GameCube!!! But it makes no sence to remaster a game that was released last year on a platform which you can still purchase!!!

Wind Waker HD makes sense because the Wii U can't start GC games. TLOU Remastered makes sense because the PS4 can't start PS3 games.

So the evil plan of Sony is that people who want to play PS4 games and TLOU only have to buy one Sony console instead of two? ;)

Well what about the people who want to play Heavy Rain on their PS4...?

QuintonMcLeod said:
Euphoria14 said:

Except TLoU is a game that was released a year and a half ago with no original plans to bring it to the PS4. The new "remastered" version is only a graphics increase with DLC. Meanwhile, WWHD is a decade old game which was truly remastered, and GTA4 was planned to come to the nextgen platforms regardless.

The bottom line is this: TLoU: RM is a port. No more and no less. When people get excited for a port, thats when you know they have no games to play.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_of_Us#The_Last_of_Us_Remastered

"Development of Remastered started immediately after the development of the PlayStation 3 version ended"

Come again? Kinda nullifies what you said about GTAV. And funnily enough that you ended with "when people get excited for a port, that's when you know they have no games to play" because that's precisely what I said Xbox fans would say about PS port/remaster vs talking about the Master Chief Collection.

BMaker11 said:

And it's not dumb to make value comparisons when you're talking about something trying to sell a system (and then you guys bringing up the argument of how it's so much better than a Sony game). If I could get 3/4 of a collection at this very moment on a 360, I'm not hyping up and waiting for it for 5 months and I'm definitely not dropping $460 just to get 1 extra game. I won't count myself since I already have a PS4, but imagine how you'd think if people said they were getting a PS4 because of a Ratchet and Clank collection or something? You'd probably say the same thing I am: "that you can get those games at this very moment. If you're hyped for mere remakes (instead of new games), then you must not have anything else to play"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6467689

Not to bring in another topic and derail the thread, just a funny observation for me

Euphoria14 said:
TheDarkTriforce said:
Euphoria14 said:

I hope to see you bitch about every single GoTY edition from here on out.

Also how is this shitty for PS3 version owners? Do you own it? I do and I see no issues with PS4 owners having a taste. Not all PS4 owners had PS3's. I am sure you already knew that though.

Sony should do something new instead of releasing old games again that I have played before on PS3!!! Greatness Await should be NothingNew Awaits ;) I don't want to play old games again, and I had not purchased a PlayStation 4 if I had known that I only get old games again with just better graphics!!! I will sell my PlayStation 4 and then I will purchase a Nintendo Wii U, at least there are coming new games!!!

Banned - Kantor

KLXVER said:
Conina said:
TheDarkTriforce said:

Well what about the people who want to play Heavy Rain on their PS4...?

They should be happy they are being spared a shitty game, or at least a shitty narative.