By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - I love Taylor Swift.

DanneSandin said:
Mirson said:
celador said:

I was hoping for lots of pics

Music wise I'm indifferent.  Would never have her songs in my personal collection but she doesn't annoy me when she comes on the radio like some artists do

I'm also disappointed. We're almost 100 posts in and still not one picture of her (not including Ps3's avi).

I will qoute myself: I agree that shes cute and I wouldn't mind bang her up the pooper and give her 20 bucks before I leave.

As many exes as she had I doubt she has any problems getting laid on a regular basis.  As a matter of fact its one of the reasons she is so popular half her songs are about her former flames.

Around the Network

Well I posted to drop the sexism debate and that doesn't seem to be the case.

There's some people here who probably should be moderated, but the way the thread went I'm going to just leave it this time and lock the thread. Congrats for liking Taylor Swift's music (she is mighty pretty, but the music isn't for me), that's great. But the way the thread turned out can only end badly.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

prayformojo said:
Chris Hu said:
prayformojo said:
Ps3 said:

Her music has changed the world and has planted her as one of the greatest artists ever. She's up there with The Beatles, Pink Floyd, and Mr Hendrix, some might even think she's better! I just wanted to renew my love on this forum with my love for Taylor. I hope everyone is doing well!

If you like her, that's fine. But putting her in the same class as the Beatles, Pink Floyd and Hendrix is incorrect. Why? Because she can't write music by herself, that's why. Take a look at the song writing credits. She uses a studio owned, world renowned song writer to write her hits for her. Floyd, the Beatles and Hendrix did it all on their own. She isn't talented enough for that.

In short, you're being duped. She's pretty much just a manufactured pop star.

Hendrix didn't do it all by himself either one of his best known song is a cover of a song that was written and performed by Bob Dylan and the Beatles started out as a cover band also.  As a matter of fact there are very few if any musicians that only cover their own stuff.  Taylor Swift does co write a lot of her own music but that doesn't automatically make her super talented I still wouldn't put her in the same league as Tina Turner or Pat Benatar even though those two didn't write any of the material they covered.

I'm not talking about cover songs. I'm talking about originals. Hendrix wrote ALL of his own music and so did the Beatles. Even the first Beatles albums featured half covers, half their own songs. They never hired anyone to write their music. They wrote their own. Pink Floyd as well. 

There is a difference in releasing a cover version of a song here and there and actually releasing music under your name that some ghost writer wrote for you because you can't hack it artistically.

True but I'm pretty sure most of the songs about her ex boyfriends she probably wrote mostly by herself.

Ps3 said:
brendude13 said:

Certainly not. The deeper voice would definitely be a boner killer.

So you're saying women are nothing but show .

In Taylor's case yes. There is nothing I can appreciate but her looks.

Better that than appreciate absolutely nothing about her, right?

DanneSandin said:
prayformojo said:
Ps3 said:

Her music has changed the world and has planted her as one of the greatest artists ever. She's up there with The Beatles, Pink Floyd, and Mr Hendrix, some might even think she's better! I just wanted to renew my love on this forum with my love for Taylor. I hope everyone is doing well!

If you like her, that's fine. But putting her in the same class as the Beatles, Pink Floyd and Hendrix is incorrect. Why? Because she can't write music by herself, that's why. Take a look at the song writing credits. She uses a studio owned, world renowned song writer to write her hits for her. Floyd, the Beatles and Hendrix did it all on their own. She isn't talented enough for that.

In short, you're being duped. She's pretty much just a manufactured pop star.

That's just not true at all! The Beatles made a few covers before they changed the world with their music, and Hendrix covered both "All along the watch tower" AND "Sgt Peppers lonely hearts club band" while he was on top of his career and revolutanizing the world with his guitar playing. And Elvis didn't write his own music; all he did was revolutanize, not only music, but pop culture and teenage culture and more or less created the music industry as we know it today. I mean, if Taylor can do a fraction of any of that it's alright to call her great even though she doesn't write her own music. But is it's looking now.... she'll never be great

Every "original" song released by those three bands was written by the band members or artists within said band. NONE of the originals were written by studio owned song writers. Bob Dylan didn't have ANYONE write his original music. He did it by himself because he's, you know, an artist and to BE an artist, you have to...create art...not just sing someone elses.

Elvis was a fraud as well. Chuck Berry was more talented as was Dylan, Floyd and a bunch of others. Elvis was just a pretty face with a good voice. He was Justin Beiber. Justin has his music written for him, dances on stage, blows kisses to little girls and makes money. That was Elvis. If Elvis were 20 years old right now, that's all he'd be.

The real "king" of Rock is probably the Beatles because they actually made art AND girls panties moist. They weren't just pin up posers.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Looks like a lot of people are butthurt because somebody loves Taylor Swift. You people are haters and have a serious problem.

Personally, I would say these people are more sexist than anything.

Me too

She's an inspiration to us all.