By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Will Religion ever be illegal in America?

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Areym said:
I don't think it should, even with my strong indifference to all things religions. A lot of good comes from it. Charity work, support groups, strong community relations. It can often be over shadowed by all the hate scandals and child molestation. If only those religions practiced all the good they preach and stop using their archaic fantasy book to oppress other groups (gays, for example)

Still, a connection with god should be a 1 on 1 kind of deal. You don't need a giant mass to feel close to a divinity. Spirituality, i think, is usually a single player kind of game.

Yah, but 99% of those egretions come from people commiting crimes and hiding behind religion. For instance, child molestation or really molestation of any kind is a Sin in the Bible, if a priest is abusing that power then its because he himself is doing bad, if the leader of the church protects him then it makes the religion look bad but again it is just an abuse of power, same thing when a president pardons someone.

Freedom of belief and all that Jazz, basic human rights or whatever

I don't know how anyone can claim that christiians persecute homosexuals for being gay and yet persecute christians for beliving in a religion. Seems kind of hypocritical, and bigotted if you ask me, something that is apparently unique to religion rather than human nature.

Don't shoot the messenger.

GunsReligions don't kill people, people kill people.

Well, the main and I mean main reason people are oppose to gay relationship is because of religious believes. Those christians vote against it and it doesn't pass or older folks in high power, with some rather old beliefs decide for all of us. If it is voted by the people to be against gay marriage, etc then it's fair. Democracy is democracy, but they do not care  about the actual love of that a gay couple has and the significance that marriage can have on a relationship.

Nobody is persecution christians for believing what they do (except for atheist) My only gripe with them is using religion and the bible to justify their own homophobic and scornful thoughts/actions. Granted, you can be opposed to gay rights but not coming from a place of hate. And for the record, its not just christians. Many religions oppose gay marriage so I'm not trying to pick on them.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

I would much rather hate itself be outlawed. If you are hateful, you should get arrested for harassment and charged with a hate crime.

No.

I don't give a damn either way. I know some really great religious people and some really awful ones and the same with atheists. As long as you're not a condescending douchebag about your beliefs *cough*Reddit*cough* then I'm fine.

DarkWraith said:
that would set a very dangerous precedent indeed. a slippery slope resulting in thought crime. that is not a world in which I desire to live.

that being said, in the absence of objective evidence for god, the belief is delusional. existence cannot be confirmed any other way. philosophers have tried and failed repeatedly to establish existence through a purely a priori basis.

"In the absence of compelling objective evidence for God's existence, therefore, religious belief is, alethically speaking, pathological and, by two-factor standards, delusional." - Dr. Ryan McKay, "Hallucinating God? The Cognitive Neuropyschiatry of Religious Belief and Experience"

before I get some incredibly asinine reply like "well you can't disprove it either", I recommend you look up the argumentum ad ignorantium fallacy since you're essentially saying "it's okay to believe until proven otherwise" which is backwards, fallacious thinking. then pursue a study in epistemology and learn what separates an opinion from a justified belief.

Yes, but if one much reject the idea of the existance of something entirely due to lack of proof, then the concept of a hypothesis becomes void and thus, science and the pursuit of truth ends. The concept of a creator, in any form, is a hypothesis and one that can't be erased entirely without also erasing science as well. Kill one, you kill the other.

Not all religion will be hunted, but real christianity is being hunted right now, and it will get worst and worst. The RCC, New Age religions and all "spirituality based" beliefs will do just fine, but those who really guard the bible and the comandments are in deep trouble, myself included.

Even the basic things we have to do are being outlawed here in Brazil, and I know it is the same in many countries, specially in USA, Lucifer´s Headquarter, a nation founded by lucifereans with the solo objective of bring foward the new world order.

Althought we consider all corruption of God´s creation as an abomination, we could go to jail if we even voice our opinions about homossexuality in public here in Brazil.  By the way, do not quote me on this, because I will be banned if I voice my opinion on the subject, the moderators were very clear about this.

The same goes to the cult of the dead: althought the Bible is clear in stating that there are no dead to be consulted, and those who do so are talking to demons, we cannot state that in public here in Brazil because that would be considered religious intolerance.

Right now is the birth pains, people are being doctrined to hate God, Jesus Christ and those who believe in them, something much more radical is in the works, the music industry is a part of it, see Lady Gaga and Kate Perry to understand the nature of the coming deception.

However, the christian holocaust will not last long, 42 months as stated in Revelation, Isaiah and Daniel.

As a christian, I say this:I love all of you, I see you guys as brothers, embrace Jesus and be saved, I would not like to see any of you perish, from the botton of my heart.

Here isa sample of what I am talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIkoeXDc5sE

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
Areym said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Areym said:
I don't think it should, even with my strong indifference to all things religions. A lot of good comes from it. Charity work, support groups, strong community relations. It can often be over shadowed by all the hate scandals and child molestation. If only those religions practiced all the good they preach and stop using their archaic fantasy book to oppress other groups (gays, for example)

Still, a connection with god should be a 1 on 1 kind of deal. You don't need a giant mass to feel close to a divinity. Spirituality, i think, is usually a single player kind of game.

Yah, but 99% of those egretions come from people commiting crimes and hiding behind religion. For instance, child molestation or really molestation of any kind is a Sin in the Bible, if a priest is abusing that power then its because he himself is doing bad, if the leader of the church protects him then it makes the religion look bad but again it is just an abuse of power, same thing when a president pardons someone.

Freedom of belief and all that Jazz, basic human rights or whatever

I don't know how anyone can claim that christiians persecute homosexuals for being gay and yet persecute christians for beliving in a religion. Seems kind of hypocritical, and bigotted if you ask me, something that is apparently unique to religion rather than human nature.

Don't shoot the messenger.

GunsReligions don't kill people, people kill people.

Well, the main and I mean main reason people are oppose to gay relationship is because of religious believes. Those christians vote against it and it doesn't pass or older folks in high power, with some rather old beliefs decide for all of us. If it is voted by the people to be against gay marriage, etc then it's fair. Democracy is democracy, but they do not care  about the actual love of that a gay couple has and the significance that marriage can have on a relationship.

Nobody is persecution christians for believing what they do (except for atheist) My only gripe with them is using religion and the bible to justify their own homophobic and scornful thoughts/actions. Granted, you can be opposed to gay rights but not coming from a place of hate. And for the record, its not just christians. Many religions oppose gay marriage so I'm not trying to pick on them.

You want to generalize every religion to christianity, and assume that tolerance isn't a part of them. Stop being ignorant. The Bible says love your neighboor, just because it tells christians to not be homosexual does not mean it tells people to oppose others beleifs and values.

Christinaity is only a type of Religion, not all Religions are Christinanity. For instance, Buddhist don't oppose relationships yet Buddism is a religion.

I can say the main people that joined the Nazi party were germans, doesn't mean all germans are Nazi.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

WagnerPaiva said:

Not all religion will be hunted, but real christianity is being hunted right now, and it will get worst and worst. The RCC, New Age religions and all "spirituality based" beliefs will do just fine, but those who really guard the bible and the comandments are in deep trouble, myself included.

Even the basic things we have to do are being outlawed here in Brazil, and I know it is the same in many countries, specially in USA, Lucifer´s Headquarter, a nation founded by lucifereans with the solo objective of bring foward the new world order.

Althought we consider all corruption of God´s creation as an abomination, we could go to jail if we even voice our opinions about homossexuality in public here in Brazil.  By the way, do not quote me on this, because I will be banned if I voice my opinion on the subject, the moderators were very clear about this.

The same goes to the cult of the dead: althought the Bible is clear in stating that there are no dead to be consulted, and those who do so are talking to demons, we cannot state that in public here in Brazil because that would be considered religious intolerance.

Right now is the birth pains, people are being doctrined to hate God, Jesus Christ and those who believe in them, something much more radical is in the works, the music industry is a part of it, see Lady Gaga and Kate Perry to understand the nature of the coming deception.

However, the christian holocaust will not last long, 42 months as stated in Revelation, Isaiah and Daniel.

As a christian, I say this:I love all of you, I see you guys as brothers, embrace Jesus and be saved, I would not like to see any of you perish, from the botton of my heart.

*Relieved* I thought I was the only one who thought this as well. Glade to see others share my opinion :) 

Edit: Ummmm yeah I don't actually agree with that New World order part of your comment. 

Soriku said:
WagnerPaiva said:

This is why people make fun of you.

Also, dat persecution complex.

Yeah because he should care about someone making fun of him on the internet /s

NobleTeam360 said:

Yeah because he should care about someone making fun of him on the internet /s

Why should he?  He's got you to care for him. /s

binary solo said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I kinda agree, but there is a particular religion that seems to keep a certain part of the world in the dark ages.

Would that part of the world be better if they suddenly rejected a popular religion in that area? It couldn't be any worse.

Russia rejected a religion that had kept them in the dark ages and turned towards a particularly brutal and oppressive form of institutional atheism, and look how that turned out. I would say things got worse for the world as a result. And the cultural revolution was pretty bloody shitty for a lot of people in China, because of the same brand of institutionalised atheism.

So it is by no means a foregone conclusion that removing religion from the social equation would make things better, or even no worse. At least the fundamentals of religion, including Islam, exhort people to a virtuous life. Lots of other ideologies are devoid of those fundamentals and in some cases only selfishness and greed lie at their core. For religion to be harmful it needsd to be actively corrupted by those hungry for power. For some other philosophies there is no need for someone to find a way to corrupt it, because it is already corrupt.

Well a certain religion seems to be keeping a certain part world shitty for a lot of people.

Basically, I'm saying not all religions are equal in making the world or people better.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)