By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us remastered now officially 1080p 60fps!

Dark Chaos said:

Exactly. Halo 2 is a remaster. Everything is being built from scratch no upresing or improved textures. Watch the E3 gameplay clip for proof.

Also Halo 2 will have Forge (Map Editor), 4 player Splitscreen coop and online mp all in 60fps with all DLC included and you can see why its not the same as the treatment TLOU is getting.

Even Mario Kart 8 can't get 60fps when played in splitscreen beyond two players.

Does TLOU even have splitsceen MP?

Xbox game vs PS3 game.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Dark Chaos said:

Exactly. Halo 2 is a remaster. Everything is being built from scratch no upresing or improved textures. Watch the E3 gameplay clip for proof.

Also Halo 2 will have Forge (Map Editor), 4 player Splitscreen coop and online mp all in 60fps with all DLC included and you can see why its not the same as the treatment TLOU is getting.

Even Mario Kart 8 can't get 60fps when played in splitscreen beyond two players.

Xbox game vs PS3 game.

Didn't look like a Xbox game when shown on E3

Also Halo 3/4 will both be 60fps/1080p 4 player splitscreen Online/ Offline

Dark Chaos said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Dark Chaos said:

Xbox game vs PS3 game.

Destiny looked better imo, I'm waiting for Halo 5.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

VanceIX said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
VanceIX said:

Please, tell me where TLOU is possibly demanding in any area not called graphics. You yourself said that it "loads the entire game" (which isn't true since the PS3 only has 512mb of RAM), so I'm not sure where I'm ignorant.

Rendering, Physics, World, Audio, Networking, AI in that order with Rendering being the most technically demanding and AI being the least, complex AI is still relatively cheap comparitevely, Networking is typically light by neccesity. Framerate and Resolution require a lot of power. World system which handles streaming of the maps and locations of the actors is only really taxing if the system was designed that way.

For example, the most taxing thing about Skyrim is usually its graphics followed by its handling of multiple AI actors.

As for TLOU "loads the entire game" does not mean that the entire game is loaded into memory which is a stupid thing to assume, it means that it does all the necessary preloading during the start. Anyone whose actually played the game will know what I'm referring too.

Then don't say it "loads the whole game". Big difference between preloading and loading an entire game. Preloading is loading important parts of the game, not all of them.

Rendering goes with graphics, and TLOU renders a lot less in general in one level than a game like GTA has to when you're flying across a huge map.. Physics is taxing, but TLOU didn't have exemplary physics for the most part. Audio is a scratch. Networking, not sure how it comes into play in the single-player part. AI can be taxing if you're handling dozens of dynamic AI characters.

Framerate and resolution is once again hand-in-hand with graphics.

Anyway, if you believe that TLOU is very demanding in areas that aren't graphics, then tell me those. Because that's where ND put the most emphasis in terms of resource usage. The game hardly has to render nearly as much as open world games.

The heck is that talk about this or that game being more demanding than the other based on its openness?

An open world game isn't necessarily more demanding by virtue of being open world. Games are tailored made to exploit the hardware they built around.

Some games will use said hardware to push different things. But to think that TLoU is less demanding than Skyrim because it's not open world is ludicrous.
There's just as much hardware being utilized in both cases. Both are demanding enough to the hardware that they struggle to keep their framerate at 30 in some situations. In fact, since TLOU is first party and ND is known as optimization wizards, TLoU probably demands more of the PS3 than a game like Skyrim.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Dark Chaos said:

What we've seen of Halo 2 thus far looked pretty damn good.

Also, Halo 2 seems to have a goal of 60 fps so Destiny might look more polished because of that. I'm guessing Halo 2 Anniversary is being handled by a 3rd party as well, that seems to be the case with most ports.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Dark Chaos said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Dark Chaos said:

Xbox game vs PS3 game.

Destiny doesn't have splitscreen and isn't 60fps, ofcourse it should look better. 

BraLoD said:

I love TLOU, it's a 10/10 for me, but it don't have the best gameplay of history man, don't go that far.
The best part of the game is it's story and how it can drive you into it, it's very immersive and you get involved with it.
I'm one of the type of gamers that go to every corner to check everything, talk to everyone multiple times, read all I find, stop the characters time to time to appreciate the enviroments and feel the atmosphere and I loved what I experiencied in TLOU, and that's it, that's what makes the game a masterpiece to me.

Well perhaps the gameplay comment is subjetive, I'll give you that, but it's certainly excellent even if you don't think it's the best in history. It was the best for me though. I have never enjoyed playing a game as much, before OR after TLOU. Whichever way I played it (I played it 7 times) I had no problem doing exactly what I wanted to do. From stealth to all out attack, I was in complete control and everything felt as it should.

The PS5 Exists. 

Does anyone know if MP will be better as well?

its a ps3 game with slight touch up to the visuals so 1080p 60fps should be a given

Can't wait to play this. Truly the definitive version!