By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NEW Crytek Rumor: Bleeding talent, employee frustration, Ryse 2 cancelled

What should happen to Crytek?

Bought by Sony/MS/Nintendo 67 27.02%

Bought by another publisher/inversor 32 12.90%

Closed, IP auctioned off 66 26.61%

Restructured and downsized 52 20.97%

I just wanna see the results 31 12.50%

Total:248

What's up with naughty dog? They're doomed.... Wait it isn't ND for once?

Around the Network

This company expanded so fast with nothing but their game engine to really back them up financially. I guess that game engine hasn't quite taken off.

4 ≈ One

tripenfall said:
Crytek also missed an opportunity by not releasing Crysis 3 as a Wii U launch game. The game was finished, up and running on the Wii U hardware and by all reports looked amazing. It could have been a system seller for Nintendo and sold well as there wasn't any other top draw FPS games for the console.
Alas Crytek has found by dealing with EA and getting embroiled into this Origin account spat they have lost out.
Proof that if you lay down with dogs you will get fleas!!!!!

In their defense, the problem was EA. Stuff like that is what makes me believe there is something to the part of Crytek and MS fighting over rights to Ryse. This company doesn't own their two biggest games (Crysis and FarCry1).

We also don't know what boost that would give to Crytek. EA is the company that gets paid when a Crysis 3 copy is sold to retail. It's possible they might have lost some funding when the orders came in to drop the WiiU version but we really just don't know.

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
tripenfall said:
Crytek also missed an opportunity by not releasing Crysis 3 as a Wii U launch game. The game was finished, up and running on the Wii U hardware and by all reports looked amazing. It could have been a system seller for Nintendo and sold well as there wasn't any other top draw FPS games for the console.
Alas Crytek has found by dealing with EA and getting embroiled into this Origin account spat they have lost out.
Proof that if you lay down with dogs you will get fleas!!!!!

In their defense, the problem was EA. Stuff like that is what makes me believe there is something to the part of Crytek and MS fighting over rights to Ryse. This company doesn't own their two biggest games (Crysis and FarCry1).

We also don't know what boost that would give to Crytek. EA is the company that gets paid when a Crysis 3 copy is sold to retail. It's possible they might have lost some funding when the orders came in to drop the WiiU version but we really just don't know.

EA owns the rights to Crysis? I thought they just published the retail games under the EA Partners label. Doesn't Crytek own the IP?

Daisuke72 said:
Good riddance, Crysis 3 was trash, Cryengine is trash, Ryse was trash.

Actually the Cryengine is pretty beast. Someone should really buy it, and the graphical artists.

Around the Network

Ryse 2 should have been cancelled long ago.

Ouch, that doesn't sound too good. That's a big shame, there's obviously talent present in the studio that hasn't really been able to meet its full potential in their recent work.

Max King of the Wild said:
What's up with naughty dog? They're doomed.... Wait it isn't ND for once?

Haha, nah, after ND curb stomped that "insider" on Twitter, the haters calmed down a little bit.

Thanks jlmurph!

fatslob-:O said:
Aerys said:
SO no sequel to This materpiece ? :(

Has Crytek even made a masterpiece ?

Um, Crysis 1 on PC, beautiful graphics, Master Race, um..................... Yeah I got nothing, no offense to Crytek but I don't like any of their games to be honest as I find all of their games generic with pretty graphics in the cover (Heck, I think Killzone: Shadow Fall leans toward generic for a Killzone game and I actually LIKED that game, don't hurt me).

Everething points up to restructured and downsized, they became to big to fast without enouth room for manage "crysis" like the development of Ryse.

Other than that I think only Amazon would have the balls to invest on Crytek engine and move them to tablets/phones.