By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NEW Crytek Rumor: Bleeding talent, employee frustration, Ryse 2 cancelled

What should happen to Crytek?

Bought by Sony/MS/Nintendo 67 27.02%

Bought by another publisher/inversor 32 12.90%

Closed, IP auctioned off 66 26.61%

Restructured and downsized 52 20.97%

I just wanna see the results 31 12.50%

Total:248

Sounds pretty rough. If there's a silver lining to be found here it's the cancellation of Ryse 2.

Now that I think about it, all things considered, this sounds like fantastic news.

Around the Network

I seriously don't care about the studio, aside from it being sad for the ones who will lose their jobes. I do hope Sony is smart enough not to consider buying them or any of their IP's though.

I guess you can say, they're in a crysis.

Beaten?

tripenfall said:
Crytek also missed an opportunity by not releasing Crysis 3 as a Wii U launch game. The game was finished, up and running on the Wii U hardware and by all reports looked amazing. It could have been a system seller for Nintendo and sold well as there wasn't any other top draw FPS games for the console.
Alas Crytek has found by dealing with EA and getting embroiled into this Origin account spat they have lost out.
Proof that if you lay down with dogs you will get fleas!!!!!

Sorry, but even with Crysis 3 on the Wii U it wouldn't have done much. Nintendo fans are the worst fans not because of neglect for third party of their own free will, but rather the influence from Nintendo because of their issues with third parties. A lot of Nintendo fans use other platforms for third party for their lack of third party on consoles for the last twenty years. Twenty years is quite a bit of time to influence people to look at your console a certain way.

gooch_destroyer said:

Beaten?

Not with Crysis anyway but some people on GAF made puns with Ryse

Around the Network
IamAwsome said:
gooch_destroyer said:

Beaten?

Not with Crysis anyway but some people on GAF made puns with Ryse

Were they good.

Mr Khan said:
One thing i'd like to point out is that THIS is game's journalism. This is what games journalism should be: folks getting on the ground and finding out about important stuff that's going on. Sure it has a vulture-like feel of watching a company die for our amusement, but the article reads like an article you'd get at most media outlets.

Proves all is not lost for the medium.

Agreed!  I enjoyed the read.

IamAwsome said:
Dgc1808 said:
tripenfall said:
Crytek also missed an opportunity by not releasing Crysis 3 as a Wii U launch game. The game was finished, up and running on the Wii U hardware and by all reports looked amazing. It could have been a system seller for Nintendo and sold well as there wasn't any other top draw FPS games for the console.
Alas Crytek has found by dealing with EA and getting embroiled into this Origin account spat they have lost out.
Proof that if you lay down with dogs you will get fleas!!!!!

In their defense, the problem was EA. Stuff like that is what makes me believe there is something to the part of Crytek and MS fighting over rights to Ryse. This company doesn't own their two biggest games (Crysis and FarCry1).

We also don't know what boost that would give to Crytek. EA is the company that gets paid when a Crysis 3 copy is sold to retail. It's possible they might have lost some funding when the orders came in to drop the WiiU version but we really just don't know.

EA owns the rights to Crysis? I thought they just published the retail games under the EA Partners label. Doesn't Crytek own the IP?

Double checked and you're correct. Crytek owns Crysis. EA's just in control of where the games go.

4 ≈ One

Saw this one coming

They are spread too thin on too many titles.

Restructure and downsize, specially the decision makers need to go and high tier managment.

Keep the Research and development programming team. (the engine guys are good, from all over the world, is a talented team that if dispersed the gaming community would only lose.)

Focus on licensing cryengine and only 2 games max at a time.

Forget Free to play and Moba garbage.

Distance themselves from EA, even if that means relinquishing any Crysis sequels.