By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can GTAIV Stop Wii from Catching Xbox 360 in the Americas ?

SSBB and Wii Fit is not equal to GTA IV. More like SSBB = GTA IV
Two guns for the Wii and one for the 360. +1 for Nintendo

After March (yearly stockholder report), Nintendo will announce huge stock improvement for the Wii. Price cut for Xbox 360.... There are still a lot of people who have not bought a Wii yet because of lack of stock. For the 360 its quite different thought there is a minimum shortage for some versions. +1 for Nintendo

With the unknown effect of Wii Fit, there is a 75% chance that Nintendo will match or surpass 360 by June 30...

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

Around the Network
Zucas said:
If Reggie says they'll catch them by then this means shipments to America will increase. Meaning keeping it at similar selling rates to before that is silly. I think we need to take that into account. It's possible that Wii could sell on average 150k-175k a week with peaks at 300k with Wii Fit and Brawl.

Yea, this is my point.  Since the Wii has been supply constrained since its release, how do we really have any idea what the cap is if Nintendo starts shipping huge numbers this way?  I don't see how that is taken into account in the predictions at all.

@source
do you think GTA IV still have a systemselller status for the 360, been a multiplataform title and taking in count the little efect thath halo 3 have the last year, been the insign title for the xbox branch.

personally i think that, even when GTA IV is gonna sell its best in 360 for NA, the ps3 is gonna have a beter impulse in hardware.

My definition of fanboy: An idiot that misses 2/3 of the fun.

I'm just waiting for the next GTAIV delay. It's going to happen.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

if the Wii doesn't id be shocked

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Mario Kart is to be released in Europe like a day after Japan release.

Could this mean that Mario Kart will also come out in US in April also.

I say this as you said it will be a holiday title.

Wii number: 2758-1649-6225-4782

Click here to level up my license!

Mario Kart will release in June. It wont be a holiday release, not the Christmas holiday anyway.

GTAIV is one multi-platform title that will be releasing on a console that will still be above mass market price point even if it does get a $50 price cut.

Brawl and Mario Kart are two titles that will be releasing on a console that's already affordable and selling well without them.

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

I mostly agree with Afro Khan. The Wii is outselling the 360 eventually, and while I can't say when, GTA4 is probably slowing the process down a bit.

GTA4 + price cut + big gams + GoW 2
will deylay wii
GoW 2 will help the 360 a lot ..