By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crytek In Deep Trouble – Adoption of CryEngine Not Good, Ryse Development Catastrophic (Update: Crytek denies claim)

Crytek reminds me of a post-Quake Id Software. They seem to be a game engine developer masquerading as a game developer. They make great engines, but their games often seem like glorified tech demos.

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:
MoHasanie said:

And yes, PC gamers can now say to Crytek “We told you so, you had to keep Crysis exclusive to the PC and keep pushing the graphical boundaries.”

Lol is that a joke?  

How so?  Their plot may have been completely mediocre (as they are wont to do), but when Crysis 1 launched, it remained the standard bearer for quite some time as far as graphics go.

I remember reading somewhere that many of Crytek's employees are from Rare. So maybe those people can return back to Rare and make good games again.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Is this the part where everyone acts like Crytek's games were amazing?

Ultimately, they really haven't made many good games and that's what happens I guess.

But I hope they're being overdramatic

Homefront Revolution certainly looks interesting and I'm also looking forward to seeing what Vigil (now Crytek USA) are up to, I know they've announced something, but I don't think there were many useful details

My real concern is Star Citizen. That game is based on the CryEngine, so I have no idea what would happen if Crytek went under

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
MoHasanie said:

And yes, PC gamers can now say to Crytek “We told you so, you had to keep Crysis exclusive to the PC and keep pushing the graphical boundaries.”

Lol is that a joke?  

How so?  Their plot may have been completely mediocre (as they are wont to do), but when Crysis 1 launched, it remained the standard bearer for quite some time as far as graphics go.

I'm not knocking Crysis, I'm saying keeping Crysis exclusive to PC would not have saved them.  

curl-6 said:
Another studio killed by the toxic AAA business model.

Sounds like their games are just subpar to what a real, AAA title should be. They did themselves in.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

1. I am sad for those who might lose their job.
2. I am really happy because a loudmouth good for nothing company is going bankrupt.

Darc Requiem said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Damn that's cold man. 

At first I thought Crytek was Geniune and Loved me for who I was but then she sold out and I realised she was just a shallow gold digger. Pretty yes, but a horrible shallow whore who the whole football team smashed when she got popular at the Dance that I took her to!

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Can't say i'd miss them much, their games really weren't very good. I'll always respect how talented they were with tech, but as a game studio they were mediocre at best.