By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Overhyped Game

GTA IV. Average and boring game.

Around the Network
Danman27 said:

I'm seriously confused on what type of game you'd like playing if you like none of these.

Well, for example, some of my favourite games from last gen are:

Mario Galaxy 

Mario Galaxy 2

Bayonetta

Xenoblade

Zelda Skyward Sword

Zelda Twilight Princess

Dead Space

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Metroid Prime 3

Uncharted 2

Fatal Frame 4

You may well find many of those overhyped. To each their own.

gta of course. there is no other answer to this question.

I wouldnt call many games overrated/overhyped at all, regardless of my opinion of it, since it feels like i'm saying other people have wrong opinions.

Hell, half the comments here are "woah there bro, THAT game deserves the hype because....."

I mean, there are special cases, like people letting nostalgia think for them (pokemon gen 1's hype, yet I still dont think OoT or Mario 64 is overrated, so it still depends) or people exaggerating (i dunno if the last of us could be called best game of all time, but i dont know anything about the game so oh well) etc,

but generally, a bunch of people just like a game you dont like so the logical conclusion must be that everyone is delusional except you and the game is overrated. Which is silly.

PS: I really do think Gen 1 of pokemon was overrated though, because it was buggy and broken and the mechanics were muvh more simple and there was less choice and had tedious multiplayer and worst graphics, and is still considered the only good pokemon game by some.

think-man said:

curl-6 has played every final fantasy :O I don't believe that for a 2nd. He's probably played one or two of them at most xD

You're half right; I haven't played the first one, X-2, XI, XIII-2, or XIII-3. But I feel I've seen enough of them to know I wouldn't like them.

Around the Network

Half-Life. I have played 1, 2 and 2.1. I don't get the praise. I don't get the story at all and the gameplay is nothing special.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Fable
Forza
GTA IV
Call of Duty

Darwinianevolution said:
Half-Life. I have played 1, 2 and 2.1. I don't get the praise. I don't get the story at all and the gameplay is nothing special.

I think that's the problem..

I wasn't blown away by Gears of War or The Last Of Us.

last of us easily.