By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PREDICTION: WII U WILL SELL MORE THAN XBOX ONE

Do you think this will happen?

yes 784 58.77%

no 548 41.08%

Total:1,332
Shadow1980 said:
I think the XBO will go on to outsell the Wii U by a roughly two-to-one ratio. I think the final count will be:

PS4: 100M minimum
XBO: 35-40M
Wii U: 15-20M (~18M most likely)

Eh...I certainly think the Wii U will sell better than that. I think it'll pass 15 million by 2015 and then will still have a few years left before they release a new console.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Around the Network
teigaga said:

I think people just need to compare what has been released on each system so far, what prices the systems are being sold at and what thats achieved in terms of sales at the moment.

The Xbox hasn't had one major exclusive yet but its selling pretty much at the same levels of the Wii U...
The Xbox also hasn't had a real price cut that cut deeps into their pockets, so they have more room to manouever.

I think most people would consider Titanfall a major exclusive.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

SirFortesque said:
No way, when Halo will come out, XBO will outsell PS4 and PS2 combined lol

That's one hell of a bold prediction if you've got there, sir!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Wyrdness said:
teigaga said:

You havent mentioned a single next gen exclusive. Im talking about games which require a Next Gen console to be played. The Wii U is not Xboxs competition, but people being content with the console they have at home is.. all of the games you mentioned can be played on xbox 360, they are not going to push the masses to upgrade

1.Except many games are already exclusive to other platforms in regards to the Wii U yet it hasn't helped X1 at all, 2.360 had many HD exclusives and still coulnd't beat the Wii I just don't see it working how you're trying to put it because if that were the case the likes of DR3 and such should have already done what you're saying. The only games that are going to make people upgrade to an X1 are MS exclusives not next gen exclusives because everyone is opting for the PS4 and that's logic no one can deny and what contradicts what you're saying as X1 sales won't shoot up PS4 sales will, the being less then 10k in sales shows how the X1 has suffered as it was ahead by 20k months ago and has dropped behind for weeks now with the gap increasing each week and this was after a non-kinect model just released and did nothing.

The aren't many dedicated Xbox fans and that's the mistake MS and some people have made, the 360 just sold to a wider mass market who have now returned to the PS4 while the original Xbox did GC numbers, MS and some people here mistook the 360 numbers as actual new dedicated Xbox followers and hence why they had their moment of madness handling the X1. How it looks to me is the people buying the X1 have been the dedicated fans while everyone else opts for the PS4 while some migrate to PC, all of you expecting a big comeback will be disappointed as I'm expecting original Xbox level sales. Only a ridiculously significant price cut making it much cheaper when something like Halo arrives will turn things around.

This hurts my head :(

1.I specifically stated that the Wii U isnt the Xboxs competition (for the most part). Simply having exclusives in regard to the Wii U is NOT a major selling point because every damn console has a 100 games that are not the Wii U lol, thats why the system was selling like shit a while ago... Im talking games that are not the systems which are currently in everyones homes (360, ps3). 

2. Neither the PS3 or 360 could beat the wii because it was a phenonemon attracting every kind of gamer imaginable. However having HD exclusives allowed both systems to sell in excess of 80m which is Amazing. Without Call of Duty, Asssassins Creed, Battlefield, FFXIII, Mass Effect, Skyrim, bioshock, Fallout, Red Dead Redemption, Fifa, GTA (all of the big 3rd party stuff). Neither the PS3 or 360 would have reached their sales mile stones or come anywhere close, its insane to think that they sold 80m plus each because of their exclusives alone. Many of sonys werent even successful and microsoft just recycled halo and gears after 2009. Both the PS3 and Xbox 360s biggest selling points have been 3rd party software. This whole notion that only 1st party exclusives matter is crazy, the vast majority of the industrys revenue comes from 3rd party. That is what drives the industry and that is what is going to secure both PS4 and Xbox One long term sales. The exclusives will help some people decide which one to pick other but they are not main driver of console sales...

3. LMAO, Dead Rising 3 and Ryse are not gonna suport a systems sales for 8months!!! Please apply logic here... Thats the equivalent of looking at the Wii U sales 6months after launch and concluding that its doomed because New Super Mario Bros U and Zombie U couldnt keep its sales afloat. Now I already said that I think the PS4 will benefit from next gen exclusives more then Xbox One but both will see bumps its inevitable, even if ones is much bigger then the other.

Lets break it down. After the 2nd biggest release Nintendo could possibly muster (2nd only to smash bros) and a dozen or so exclusives later the Wii U has managed to secure a 10k advantage over the XBox One which on the other hand hasnt had a major hardware push since Titanfall which was cross gen anyway. Im saying it really wont take a lot for the Xbox to eclipse the Wii U again. You need to grasp that right now the Wii U is approaching its peak, whereas this is the Xboxs Low point, even at its lowest the Xbox is quite competitive with the Wii U.  The Xbox One doesnt need a big comeback to outsell the Wii U, which will probably be dead by the end of 2016...

Also the way see things is that the both the Xbox and PS4 are selling of hype at the moment, selling mainly to fanboys, gaming enthusiasts and people with too much expendible income. The average gamer is not gonna throw 400 on a new system simply to play a slightly a better version of Watchdogs. The PS4 will win hands down, I dont doubt that, but both systems will completely eclipse the sales they had this year in 2015, once next gen exclusives start arriving in 2015. Meanwhile the WIi U will peak in the next 9months and end its life around 20m

wth 65%+ say "yes"?

Both consoles will increase their sales with new games. I don't think 2015 will look like 2014, and XB1 will pass Wii U in early 2015.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network
ICStats said:
wth 65%+ say "yes"?

Both consoles will increase their sales with new games. I don't think 2015 will look like 2014, and XB1 will pass Wii U in early 2015.

unless nintendo deos a 3ds

massive marketing, limited edition wii u(like a yoshi and kirby themed one), continous releases,etc.

but i doubt it so may 2015 it is for me

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Gcube... i agree with you.
I have a feeling that what players want in a videogame like the Xone, they get better in the PS4.
With the Wii U gamers always have Nintendo games that are diferent and very fun in a unique way.
To me, there's space for Nintendo and Sony, but not for Sony and MS the way they are now.

teigaga said:

This hurts my head :(

1.I specifically stated that the Wii U isnt the Xboxs competition (for the most part). Simply having exclusives in regard to the Wii U is NOT a major selling point because every damn console has a 100 games that are not the Wii U lol, thats why the system was selling like shit a while ago... Im talking games that are not the systems which are currently in everyones homes (360, ps3). 

2. Neither the PS3 or 360 could beat the wii because it was a phenonemon attracting every kind of gamer imaginable. However having HD exclusives allowed both systems to sell in excess of 80m which is Amazing. Without Call of Duty, Asssassins Creed, Battlefield, FFXIII, Mass Effect, Skyrim, bioshock, Fallout, Red Dead Redemption, Fifa, GTA (all of the big 3rd party stuff). Neither the PS3 or 360 would have reached their sales mile stones or come anywhere close, its insane to think that they sold 80m plus each because of their exclusives alone. Many of sonys werent even successful and microsoft just recycled halo and gears after 2009. Both the PS3 and Xbox 360s biggest selling points have been 3rd party software. This whole notion that only 1st party exclusives matter is crazy, the vast majority of the industrys revenue comes from 3rd party. That is what drives the industry and that is what is going to secure both PS4 and Xbox One long term sales. The exclusives will help some people decide which one to pick other but they are not main driver of console sales...

3. LMAO, Dead Rising 3 and Ryse are not gonna suport a systems sales for 8months!!! Please apply logic here... Thats the equivalent of looking at the Wii U sales 6months after launch and concluding that its doomed because New Super Mario Bros U and Zombie U couldnt keep its sales afloat. Now I already said that I think the PS4 will benefit from next gen exclusives more then Xbox One but both will see bumps its inevitable, even if ones is much bigger then the other.

Lets break it down. After the 2nd biggest release Nintendo could possibly muster (2nd only to smash bros) and a dozen or so exclusives later the Wii U has managed to secure a 10k advantage over the XBox One which on the other hand hasnt had a major hardware push since Titanfall which was cross gen anyway. Im saying it really wont take a lot for the Xbox to eclipse the Wii U again. You need to grasp that right now the Wii U is approaching its peak, whereas this is the Xboxs Low point, even at its lowest the Xbox is quite competitive with the Wii U.  The Xbox One doesnt need a big comeback to outsell the Wii U, which will probably be dead by the end of 2016...

Also the way see things is that the both the Xbox and PS4 are selling of hype at the moment, selling mainly to fanboys, gaming enthusiasts and people with too much expendible income. The average gamer is not gonna throw 400 on a new system simply to play a slightly a better version of Watchdogs. The PS4 will win hands down, I dont doubt that, but both systems will completely eclipse the sales they had this year in 2015, once next gen exclusives start arriving in 2015. Meanwhile the WIi U will peak in the next 9months and end its life around 20m

1- I've addressed this already, the PS4 and PC are around which no matter what it contradicts your argument the's no two ways about it and the current trend shows the majority of the software benefiting the PS4. X1 barely even had a spike when Watch Dogs released as well as the MGS situation flat out show you the hard road this gen for the X1. You still haven't addressed the point and instead have admitted what I said earlier as the PS4 will be in peoples homes as it's the platform everyone is upgrading to.

2- Have you seen Sony's first party success? It only looks low when compared to Nintendo's and is a key factor in the PS3 catching and outselling the 360 in the end as MS in the last third ran out of steam hard, last gen sold so many consoles because it was an unusal gen, Wii caused a market shift which increased interest in gaming while 360 killed off the previous gen early to try and get a headstart on the PS3. Last gen was the only gen in history were all competitors did well because of the unusal nature of it and could be the only one for generations to come, this gen has normalized.

First party exclusives matter because Third Parties can no longer commit to being exclusive and that's what's killing MS at the moment they won't get any long term boost from third parties because the PS4 is around those 360 sales are not going to translate to X1 sales only X1 exclusives will sway people. Why do you think Sony have focused so heavily in promoting their own output in recent years, the market has changed ans MS was caught napping not realizing the situation and mistaking 360 owners for dedicated fans.

3- Do you know the irony in this part it's your own logic you're mocking essentially you've mokced yourself, I pointed it out to show you how silly it looks as the are already next gen exclusive games out and not just next gen exclusive they're console exclusive but they still didn't have the desired affect. Here's what it comes down to, one game for the U had more effect for it then every game on X1 had for it and caused it to double it's baseline and MK is a game that sells for years, Nintendo's games have legs and you know why MK had an effect on the baseline why X1 games didn't? You can't get the games on the U anywhere else but you can get all those games you listed on the PS4 or PC, if Smash increased the baseline by another 20k the U's baseline would all of a sudden be healthy.

PS4 and X1 are no longer selling on hype in fact this part of your post is contradicted by Watch Dogs sales on PS4 alone as many did spend money on a new platform to buy it, what's happening is that people recognize Playstation as the brand to get for the majority of their gaming needs the reason why a X1 and PS4 sale isn't bad for the U is because the U will have it's unique library and people down the line may pick one up so the's always space for Nintendo but a PS4 sale is bad for the X1 because they're virtually the same library wise only separated by first party.

zippy said:
Thread prediction- Someone predicts Wii U will outsell XB1, a majority of VG chartz users will disagree, the term lack of third party will be used, somebody will troll the lack of power on Wii U, things will get nasty, somebody will get banned, rinse and repeat.

then we must make it that everybody gets banned, so that there is no one left to make a prediction thread. 

Wyrdness said:

1- I've addressed this already, the PS4 and PC are around which no matter what it contradicts your argument the's no two ways about it and the current trend shows the majority of the software benefiting the PS4. X1 barely even had a spike when Watch Dogs released as well as the MGS situation flat out show you the hard road this gen for the X1. You still haven't addressed the point and instead have admitted what I said earlier as the PS4 will be in peoples homes as it's the platform everyone is upgrading to.

2- Have you seen Sony's first party success? It only looks low when compared to Nintendo's and is a key factor in the PS3 catching and outselling the 360 in the end as MS in the last third ran out of steam hard, last gen sold so many consoles because it was an unusal gen, Wii caused a market shift which increased interest in gaming while 360 killed off the previous gen early to try and get a headstart on the PS3. Last gen was the only gen in history were all competitors did well because of the unusal nature of it and could be the only one for generations to come, this gen has normalized.

First party exclusives matter because Third Parties can no longer commit to being exclusive and that's what's killing MS at the moment they won't get any long term boost from third parties because the PS4 is around those 360 sales are not going to translate to X1 sales only X1 exclusives will sway people. Why do you think Sony have focused so heavily in promoting their own output in recent years, the market has changed ans MS was caught napping not realizing the situation and mistaking 360 owners for dedicated fans.

3- Do you know the irony in this part it's your own logic you're mocking essentially you've mokced yourself, I pointed it out to show you how silly it looks as the are already next gen exclusive games out and not just next gen exclusive they're console exclusive but they still didn't have the desired affect. Here's what it comes down to, one game for the U had more effect for it then every game on X1 had for it and caused it to double it's baseline and MK is a game that sells for years, Nintendo's games have legs and you know why MK had an effect on the baseline why X1 games didn't? You can't get the games on the U anywhere else but you can get all those games you listed on the PS4 or PC, if Smash increased the baseline by another 20k the U's baseline would all of a sudden be healthy.

PS4 and X1 are no longer selling on hype in fact this part of your post is contradicted by Watch Dogs sales on PS4 alone as many did spend money on a new platform to buy it, what's happening is that people recognize Playstation as the brand to get for the majority of their gaming needs the reason why a X1 and PS4 sale isn't bad for the U is because the U will have it's unique library and people down the line may pick one up so the's always space for Nintendo but a PS4 sale is bad for the X1 because they're virtually the same library wise only separated by first party.

This whole thing is too long winded to get keep pushing along....  I could clarify some of my points but instead I will simply say this; I will admit to being wrong if Assassins Creed Unity, Witcher 3 and Batman Arkham Knight all pass without the Xbox recieving a substantial hardware boost from them and baselining well above the Wii U.

Out of curiosity; How much do you see the Wii U and Xbox selling by the end of their Lifes, and what year do you think each will peak?