By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PREDICTION: WII U WILL SELL MORE THAN XBOX ONE

Do you think this will happen?

yes 784 58.77%

no 548 41.08%

Total:1,332

If XBO continues selling like crap in Europe, WiiU might have a chance getting ahead to the second spot. When all is said and done, I think both will be close, but I can't say for sure who wins this early.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Around the Network

Could be. But I believe we need at least four more holiday seasons before predicting.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

teigaga said:

What 3rd party exclusives are you refering to? The only thing that comes to mind is UFC which is niche anyway.

Im talking about big games Like Assassins Creed Unity, Witcher 3, Batman, Evolve, Mirrors Edge, Mass Effect 4, Starwars Battlefront etc. 

As I said they already are, Watch Dogs (Wii U version was effectively put on the back burner), Titanfall, BF, MGS:GZ, Thief, all remasters etc... What you're saying already happened ages ago only it's made little difference for the X1 because the majority are buying the PS4 to play them, Watch Dogs is one example while MGS on PS4 outsold the X1 version 3 to 1.

It will be neck and neck most of the generation but somehow developers will justify ignoring the Wii U

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Wyrdness said:
teigaga said:

What 3rd party exclusives are you refering to? The only thing that comes to mind is UFC which is niche anyway.

Im talking about big games Like Assassins Creed Unity, Witcher 3, Batman, Evolve, Mirrors Edge, Mass Effect 4, Starwars Battlefront etc. 

As I said they already are, Watch Dogs (Wii U version was effectively put on the back burner), Titanfall, BF, MGS:GZ, Thief, all remasters etc... What you're saying already happened ages ago only it's made little difference for the X1 because the majority are buying the PS4 to play them, Watch Dogs is one example while MGS on PS4 outsold the X1 version 3 to 1.

You havent mentioned a single next gen exclusive. Im talking about games which require a Next Gen console to be played. The Wii U is not Xboxs competition, but people being content with the console they have at home is.. all of the games you mentioned can be played on xbox 360, they are not going to push the masses to upgrade

I have no doubt the PS4 will benefit more then Xbox One when those games arrive at the end of the year and in 2015, but xbox will inevitably see a proportional boost and it will sell past the Wii U easily. You need to remember that  there is less than 10k between them right now on a weekly basis and XBox has achieved that with cross gen titles alone. There is no logic in thinking that those sales wont increase significantly when people are forced to upgrade to play the years biggest 3rd party games. Again games only available on Xbox One and PS4;

Assassins Creed Unity, Witcher 3, Batman , Evolve, Mirrors Edge 2, Mass Effect 4, Starwars Battlefront, Final Fantasý XV, Kingdom hearts 3 etc. 

Around the Network

No way, when Halo will come out, XBO will outsell PS4 and PS2 combined lol

Hey don't click here ! It's creepy !!

I want a PlayStation All-Stars Sequel ! Come on Sony, stop making too many shooters !

I'll make a better signature when I'll have time to do it...  

gcube2000 said:

I have a prediction i'm pretty confident about. By the end of this generation, Wii U will have beat XB1. Maybe in the middle of the gen, the XB1 will pass up Wii U, but when all is said and done, I believe Wii U will pass up XB1. What do you think of this prediction. Let me know even if to the majority of you, it sounds crazy! :)

I pushed yes on the poll too fast. Should have read your comment first.

My answer is no, because i don't believe the xbox1 will ever pass WiiU.

teigaga said:
Nope. When 3rd parties start making next gen exclusives, the Wii U won't stand a chance.

Of course WiiU doesn't stand a chance in Next Gen, neither does XB1 or PS4 since all of them are current gen.

For the current gen i'm quiet confident that WiiU will sell more than XB1.

teigaga said:

You havent mentioned a single next gen exclusive. Im talking about games which require a Next Gen console to be played. The Wii U is not Xboxs competition, but people being content with the console they have at home is.. all of the games you mentioned can be played on xbox 360, they are not going to push the masses to upgrade

I have no doubt the PS4 will benefit more then Xbox One when those games arrive at the end of the year and in 2015, but xbox will inevitably see a proportional boost and it will sell past the Wii U easily. You need to remember that  there is less than 10k between them right now on a weekly basis and XBox has achieved that with cross gen titles alone. There is no logic in thinking that those sales wont increase significantly when people are forced to upgrade to play the years biggest 3rd party games. Again games only available on Xbox One and PS4;

Assassins Creed Unity, Witcher 3, Batman , Evolve, Mirrors Edge 2, Mass Effect 4, Starwars Battlefront, Final Fantasý XV, Kingdom hearts 3 etc. 

Except many games are already exclusive to other platforms in regards to the Wii U yet it hasn't helped X1 at all, 360 had many HD exclusives and still coulnd't beat the Wii I just don't see it working how you're trying to put it because if that were the case the likes of DR3 and such should have already done what you're saying. The only games that are going to make people upgrade to an X1 are MS exclusives not next gen exclusives because everyone is opting for the PS4 and that's logic no one can deny and what contradicts what you're saying as X1 sales won't shoot up PS4 sales will, the being less then 10k in sales shows how the X1 has suffered as it was ahead by 20k months ago and has dropped behind for weeks now with the gap increasing each week and this was after a non-kinect model just released and did nothing.

The aren't many dedicated Xbox fans and that's the mistake MS and some people have made, the 360 just sold to a wider mass market who have now returned to the PS4 while the original Xbox did GC numbers, MS and some people here mistook the 360 numbers as actual new dedicated Xbox followers and hence why they had their moment of madness handling the X1. How it looks to me is the people buying the X1 have been the dedicated fans while everyone else opts for the PS4 while some migrate to PC, all of you expecting a big comeback will be disappointed as I'm expecting original Xbox level sales. Only a ridiculously significant price cut making it much cheaper when something like Halo arrives will turn things around.

I think everything is possible. Now it's impossible to predict because both consoles have their advantages and disadvantages. Future games, price cuts, bundles etc. will make the decision. Nintendo and Microsoft have their great exclusives and their special features on their consoles. Let's see what the consumers want. This will be an interesting console war this generation.

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.