By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order is visually engrossing, but uninspiring once you start playing - MMGN

Euphoria14 said:
Dark_Feanor said:

Skyrim or Batman Arkhan City?

Skyrim was by far the best game I played from 2011, but what he is saying is that Uncharted 3 won GOTY awards, so it is odd to see it used in that kind of comparison.

Comparing it to Uncharted 3 is rather odd when he is trying to downplay the game, even if it is one of the main criticisms of the game you can't get your point across in a meaningful way when you are drawing comparisons with such a good game. However I also wouldn't describe Uncharted 3 as 2011's GOTY when Skyrim, Portal 2 and Arkham City won tons more awards.

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
This game is receiving the same degree of scorn/scrutiny Ryse received in the months before release.

The risk of another mid 6s meta are high.

Nah it'll do better than that, I'm thinking a mid 70's meta, unless the game has far more interesting gameplay than what's bee shown.

The setting and everything sounds pretty amazing, but gamplay has been super underwhelming. It's not just the liniarity either. I don't like how pretty much all the "gameplay" theyve shown consists of like 50% cutscene. Every demo they play it for like a minute. Then a cutscene. Play it for like another minute then another cutscene.

I'm not judging it yet but so far the gameplay seems worrying.

its a controlled demo. cutscene and gameplay is seamless too. what does he expect?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Flop confirmed?

pokoko said:
BenVTrigger said:
pokoko said:
So cover-based shooters are inherently bad now? Dang, and Microsoft just paid a lot of money for Gears.

You do realize Gears has some massive open areas.......right?

So far RAD hasnt shown any for The Order. That doesnt mean there is none but comparing The Order to Gears doesnt make much sense since from a gameplay perspective they dont share much at all.

You do realize that we've only seen a few minutes of game-play from The Order........right?

Reaching a conclusion from that doesn't make much sense.

That out of the way, I also think "linear can't be fun" is stupid.

I agree. I HATE open world games so much repetitive BS and unneccessary framerate/resolution downgrade to accomplish that.  Most people I know who don't frequent gamer sites don't like open world games.  The only open world game they like is GTA.  Linear games are much more fun to me.  Example: I loved Assassins Creed 1 and 2 and haven't played a game since because of there "oh our world is so much more open this time" attitude, 3 and 4 are just BORING and TIRESOME to play.  On another note the Uncharted Series and Last of Us (notoriously linear) have never let me down.  Reason: I never have to go searching for action.  I am LED to action.

Around the Network
Ucell said:
So as expected, jealous owners of other consoles are hating on this game. Let me give you the real picture of the game, from a more reputable source IGN.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=185498&page=1#6

Of course everybody who has anything Negative to say is a jealous hater... Or prehaps they just genuinly don't like the look of whats been shown so far.. It's possible to not like a Sony exclusive and not be a jealous hating fanboy you know.

Im starting to get worried about this game to be honest. Thought the setting looked cool when it was first announced. Since then I can't say ive been overly impressed with what ive seen. Plenty of time till release but at the moment it's going on the "wait for price drop or two" pile.

A single player cover shooter, they arent reinventing the wheel or anything. If the game gets like a 10 hour campaign it should be fine.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Sounds like a recap of the entire 7th generation if I'm honest.

Dark_Feanor said:
This game is receiving the same degree of scorn/scrutiny Ryse received in the months before release.

I am expecting a score between 72 and 77!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

BenVTrigger said:
Dark_Feanor said:

Nah it'll do better than that, I'm thinking a mid 70's meta, unless the game has far more interesting gameplay than what's bee shown.

The setting and everything sounds pretty amazing, but gamplay has been super underwhelming. It's not just the liniarity either. I don't like how pretty much all the "gameplay" theyve shown consists of like 50% cutscene. Every demo they play it for like a minute. Then a cutscene. Play it for like another minute then another cutscene.

I'm not judging it yet but so far the gameplay seems worrying.

Its clear you have never played an RAD game before. Their games are incredible and I expect this one to be no less.

A 90+ MetaScore prediction from me :).