By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft CEO: “Nintendo has to perform this year, otherwise they will have less games”

Not surprised by this news at all. This is the year for Wii U to prove itself and sell some boxes. If not then...

Around the Network

He doesn't seem to believe in the quality of the game they're holding back, lol.
Sounds like shovelware with approximately 1% attach rate that could have been financially successful on Wii.

Horrible things must have happened between E3 2011 and today. Ubisoft went from "we help Nintendo to increase their install base with our games" to "it's Nintendo's job alone to increase the install base of their console".

They blame too much on ZombiU, it wouldn't have sold much better on other consoles. It's a game with good ideas, but mediocre to poor execution.

They don't even seem to bring Tetris Ultimate to Wii U. Do they think that it's more appealing to PS4 and X1 owners (lol)? Tetris is perfect for the second screen in the living room. And such a game is really cheap to port.

If I were Ubisoft, I wouldn't even entertain the idea of supporting Wii U.

Plus, it isn't like Ubisofts 2 games a year will be missed by consumers. Look at the sales...

Its good that Nintendo has the ear of a company like Ubisoft instead of that of the fans that tend to roam the forums. The gist I'm getting from Yves is that its not Ubisoft job to sell the Wii U on the merits of its biggest selling feature, and that is making games that utilize the gamepad well. ZombiU, Rayman, the upcoming Watch_dogs, Splinter Cell Blacklist, games from EA like Need for Speed , Warner Brothers in Batman have used the pad better than any Nintendo game for the system.

Ubisoft is no fly by night company, especially when it comes to creating successful games on the Nintendo platform. From Prince of Persia in the GC era, to Just Dance and Rabbids on the Wii, they tend to follow the same philosophy (for a segment of their games) when it comes to creating games as that of Nintendo, accessible to everyone, pick up and play. Ubisoft tends to have awesome ideas for games and as a Wii U owner I would want that trend to continue, but Nintendo needs to start picking up the slack on the sales side to make the Wii U desirable to the mass public, not just a machine for Nintendo elite.

There is no need to bring the Xbox one into this discussion as the time on the market for it is just a blip for them and in that time, Microsoft has drastically changed the system to make it more approachable to developers and consumers alike.

Gintoki said:
Their argument is flawed as fuck, are they giving up the Xbox One while it's currently in third place ? Nope. Of course they go on thinking they can sell better on One than on Wii U, but they're to blame on Wii U, they delay games, say craps, and then complaint. If they just released games same time and with a decent advertisement too it would sell better, but now it is too late, they somehow pissed most people on Wii U even if the Wii U performs well, Ubi's game aside from Just Dance have little chances to perform good.

Ubisoft games actually sell on Xbox One. Wii U owners only care about Nintendo/exclusive games.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
fedfed said:
Sorry guys isn't the X1 performing worst than WiiU?
i mean isn't the market performing very badly overall?

1. Are you joking?

2. No matter how you say, third party games are the backbone of the industry. Xbox One might be doing bad now but the attach rate of games in Xbox One is very good. And third party games actually sell well in Xbox One.

1. my bad - X1 is selling more third parties

2. yes you are right!

Switch!!!

Gamers: Ubisoft has to perform, otherwise their games will sell like sh*t on nintendo consoles.

You reap what you sow. Third parties don't sell because generations past they planted a few seeds in the Nintendo field but forgot to water them. Now it's become a barren unfertile land for them.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Cobretti2 said:
more hardware does not mean more sales. Look at Wii had more hardware than the competition yet ther games sold no where near as much as on the other systems.

Wrong. wii sold tons of games. if you are talking about multiplats, it's hard to sell the same as others when the games don't even come.

Catch 22 and very curious since they have the 2nd biggest installed user base.