By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft CEO: “Nintendo has to perform this year, otherwise they will have less games”

Ha he's a liar, Less games isnt even possible.

Around the Network

Ubisoft is actually right! the future of the WiiU is still unpredictable because there are still chances, that if MK8 and SS increase sales for long enough period of time, 3rd parties will invest and things will get even better

so it is now or never for the WiiU

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
Ubisoft is actually right! the future of the WiiU is still unpredictable because there are still chances, that if MK8 and SS increase sales for long enough period of time, 3rd parties will invest and things will get even better

so it is now or never for the WiiU

Please, no they won't. Mass Effect 3 instead of Trilogy painted 3rd parties picture towards Wii U before it even launched.

The only thing interesting out of that for me was:

We also have another game on the shelves that we expect to come at some point when there will be more machines (..)"

They have another game for us? What could it be, Assassin's Creed Unity after all? Or something new?

Anyway, Ubisoft remains on my good side without effort, I don't know what a lot of you are whining about. At least they try, they see the good side of things and they support without question while bringing good content. They aren't however prepared to bleed money for no reason and nobody should fault them for that. Everyone knows third party games like this would sell less on WiiU than Xbox regardless so that comparison is also pretty flawed.

I just hope they develop a new Anno sooner rather than later. Maybe even a good Prince of Persia.

TomaTito said:

You reap what you sow. Third parties don't sell because generations past they planted a few seeds in the Nintendo field but forgot to water them. Now it's become a barren unfertile land for them.

Thats odd, Ive yet to see a nintendo home console with more 1st party sales than 3rd party, wont be surprised to see the Wii U be the first though, coinciding with it being the worst home console they released to date in term of sales, profits and pretty much everything needed for a successful product.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
The only thing interesting out of that for me was:

We also have another game on the shelves that we expect to come at some point when there will be more machines (..)"

They have another game for us? What could it be, Assassin's Creed Unity after all? Or something new?

Anyway, Ubisoft remains on my good side without effort, I don't know what a lot of you are whining about. At least they try, they see the good side of things and they support without question while bringing good content. They aren't however prepared to bleed money for no reason and nobody should fault them for that. Everyone knows third party games like this would sell less on WiiU than Xbox regardless so that comparison is also pretty flawed.

I just hope they develop a new Anno sooner rather than later. Maybe even a good Prince of Persia.

The thing is they keep opening their negative mouths towards fans. It's one thing to see a system selling bad and pulling suport. It's another, doing it, whining and trying to use some unknown new game as fish bait on gamers. That ticks people off.

Nintendo will do fine without 3rd party, but they'll have to put more resources into Wiiu which shouldn't b a problem for ninty.

So in simple terms, blackmailing with games to force Nintendo to lower Wii U price?

I can see clearly how not legal this is, it's almost illegal to think about it ;)

Nintendo gone learn this gen third parties run this sht.

Thanks jlmurph!

Xbone has much smaller install base. Nonetheless it gets more Ubi games :)