By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft CEO: “Nintendo has to perform this year, otherwise they will have less games”

I like UbiSoft. They did their best for the Wii U but business is business. They held out far longer than other big third parties.

When Nintendo fans give UbiSoft grieve it just shows how out of touch with reality they are. UbiSoft is a business and the very first rule is to make money, not throw it away just to appease a handful of insignificant people.

Stop this silly comparison with the XB1. If XB1 had half of WiiU sales the exact same UbiSoft game will sell far more on XB1. The soon to be pathetic WatchDogs Wii U sales will be the last nail in the coffin. Considering the game was delayed doesn't help but you can't blame UbiSoft for not putting it up against MK8 on the Wii U.

Actually if Project Cars turn out to be any good the poor WiiU sales of that game will be third parties putting the coffin into the ground.

Around the Network

Those damn lazy devs with their no good lazy ports /s

Otherwise, real shocker - considering WiiU has 6+ millions owners that barely touch 3rd party titles, I'm amazed they bothered even this long.

amak11 said:
Arcturus said:
amak11 said:
Pristine20 said:
I don't think more Wii U's is necessarily the answer. Wii had a crapton of sales but didn't sell most 3rd party games regardless. Nintendo fans just don't want any 3rd party game besides the dancing one. It seems like most of these folks will only buy a game with "nintendo's seal of quality" xD.

Some will say it's because they don't like "dudebro" games but even a Japanocentric title like Tales of Graces did much better on PS3 than Wii despite the PS3 version coming much later and having a much smaller base to sell to at the time.

Conclusion: Nintendo fans don't want 3rd party games so why bother. They complain of them being nonexistent but won't buy them if they did exist. That what it seems like anyway.

Nintendo fans want 3rd party, completely wrong assumption. They just want them not to be half-ass versions of lesser console versions. 

Then why didn't they buy Assassin's Creed 4?

>Then why didn't they buy Assassin's Creed 4 

When on a stats site and you are oblivious to the facts that say 0.18m units (one of which is mine) says a lot to the credibility of your post. It was the first 3rd party port and a poor one at that (no DLC, come on). Hell even CoD:Ghost did .16m units.  The market is there, devs need to get the thumbs from their asses and support the console better if not as well as the indies do (which is pretty damn well)

You may want to read the entire thread. I did previous post the sales stats for AC4, and compared them to the AC4 sales on XOne. The XOne version of the game sold 4 times the amount of units with a smaller user base.

0.18M units on WiiU is terrible for a capable version of the game that ran equal to, if not better, then the PS3 and X360 versions. The Wii U version not getting DLC is a terrible excuse for these poor sales.

Call of Duty Ghosts is even worse at 0.16M units sold on Wii U when you compare it to sales on PS4 (2.23M) and XOne (1.79).

It's quite obvious that WiiU owners either A) have little interest in 3rd games, or B) choose to buy 3rd party games for other consoles

Zero999 said:
Cobretti2 said:
more hardware does not mean more sales. Look at Wii had more hardware than the competition yet ther games sold no where near as much as on the other systems.

Wrong. wii sold tons of games. if you are talking about multiplats, it's hard to sell the same as others when the games don't even come.

If by tons of games you mean the shovelware and fitness/dance games then sure.

The point I am making games that apeal to core gamers haven't really sold that well on Wii anyway with a huge install base.

Only a few publishers support Wii U nowdays and if Wii U`s market doesn`t expand enough they won`t bother using their manpower to bring a game to Wii U, port or exclusive. Although, strangely, exclusives have a better change of performing well on Wii U.

Truth is, it`s not that Wii U owners only want Nintendo games, it`s that they already have another console that provides an account system, better graphics, bigger online community and all the extras that they want.

Splatoon is, to me, the first step in Nintendo`s new strategy.
They know that their consoles need, more than ever, other kinds of offerings. Exclusive offerings that Sony and MS fans like. That`s why they bought Bayonetta 2 and Devil`s Third - and rumor has it, another 3 more, which i bet are for core gamers aswell.

Unless Nintendo starts having these type of games exclusive to their consoles, nothing will change this generation or the next.

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:

Blame almighty nintendo for making a weak console with terrible networking functionality to cut corners. How can it's titles compete with  the xb1/ps4 versions? Even games where the wii U version is much better like say Tekken Tag 2, they still won't buy so yeah, my assumption is much more logical than yours.

Lastly, how do you explain why Tales of Graces sold terribly on Wii relative to ps3? What's the excuse for that one? I'll wait...

1) Console isn't weak, that's a myth and everything we know of the console is based on theoretical parts and knowledge (meaning It can easly be proven wrong with a breaking of a NDA)

2) Terrible network functionality? Where have you been? Do you even own a Wii U? The Wii U network functionality is miles better than what the Wii had and if you think otherwise then I feel sorry for you. 

3) NIntendo, Sony and MS have all said that Nintendo is not a competitor. There is many experiences you can only get on Nintendo and if you want it. You pay the cheaper price of the console. 

4)Your logic is flawed, mine is much more sound here. The fact that Wii U has a small userbase and Tekken Tag 2 is a horrible port and not something the average Nintendo gamer wants says another. They want defining experiences, not shitty ports of games with less features for the same price. 

5) Tales of Graces was not sold outside of japan on the Wii, yet it sold .22m units. about 1/4 that of the PS3's 0.86. The PS3 version seen more releases than the Wii version which perfectly explains that. 

Future suggestion, don't be a Ninty hater. Some of us will speak with more logic. 

Jay70sgamer said:
Arcturus said:
fedfed said:
Sorry guys isn't the X1 performing worst than WiiU?
i mean isn't the market performing very badly overall?

Even though there are less Xbox One consoles on the market compared to Wii U consoles, Ubisoft's games still sell much better on Xbox One. For example, AC4 sold 0.79M on XOne versus 0.18 on WiiU.

I agree with your graph ..but put a graph of child of light,raymans legend and just dance 2014 and it will tell a different story than this graph as with the right type of games and right marketing wii u can sell on third parties ...just saying 

You're right. There are certain 3rd party games that have sales that are closer to other consoles, like Just Dance and Rayman Legends. What does that tell us though? Wii U owners are less interested in games like Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty, and more interested in games like Rayman Legends and Just Dance. Ubisoft will probably continue releasing games like Just Dance on the Wii U, but they will probably pass on creating the next Assassin's Creed for Wii U.

I did read after, but the port of AC4 was terribly optimized and frankly Ubisoft could have poured more polish time in to it and released a patch but didn't. Dipping to below 30fps in parts (consoles runs pretty cool when playing it too). Not to mention no DLC was a huge clincher for people. Wii U needs to be fully supported, can't meet halfway and expect people to fix the problem. 

sounds kind of arrogant of Ubisoft, pretty much "Yeah it doesn't meet our standards". Fuck em

1doesnotsimply

What the Wii U needs is exclusives. No-one puts effort into Wii U ports, and so people buy the other versions.

ZombiU sold over 700k right?

I can see that Ninty is trying to snag 3rd party exclusives that are hardcore so that's good.