By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft CEO: “Nintendo has to perform this year, otherwise they will have less games”

amak11 said:
Pristine20 said:

Blame almighty nintendo for making a weak console with terrible networking functionality to cut corners. How can it's titles compete with  the xb1/ps4 versions? Even games where the wii U version is much better like say Tekken Tag 2, they still won't buy so yeah, my assumption is much more logical than yours.

Lastly, how do you explain why Tales of Graces sold terribly on Wii relative to ps3? What's the excuse for that one? I'll wait...

1) Console isn't weak, that's a myth and everything we know of the console is based on theoretical parts and knowledge (meaning It can easly be proven wrong with a breaking of a NDA)

2) Terrible network functionality? Where have you been? Do you even own a Wii U? The Wii U network functionality is miles better than what the Wii had and if you think otherwise then I feel sorry for you. 

3) NIntendo, Sony and MS have all said that Nintendo is not a competitor. There is many experiences you can only get on Nintendo and if you want it. You pay the cheaper price of the console. 

4)Your logic is flawed, mine is much more sound here. The fact that Wii U has a small userbase and Tekken Tag 2 is a horrible port and not something the average Nintendo gamer wants says another. They want defining experiences, not shitty ports of games with less features for the same price. 

5) Tales of Graces was not sold outside of japan on the Wii, yet it sold .22m units. about 1/4 that of the PS3's 0.86. The PS3 version seen more releases than the Wii version which perfectly explains that. 

Future suggestion, don't be a Ninty hater. Some of us will speak with more logic. 

1. Console isn't weak relatively to ps4/X1? Your fanboyism is off the charts with that one.

2. Yes, terrible network functionality relative to ps4/x1.

3.  You mean nintedno's own titles? Well, I only find FE interesting of the bunch but that one is not popular. Make no mistake, these companies are all competing no matter what they tell you.

4. No man. Yours doesn't hold water. Tekken Tag 2 on Wii U is the best version of the game. Shows how much you know huh? It even has an extra mode unavailable on the PS360 versions. They want defining experiences yet they won't buy any. Compare to early in ps3's life when it truly got crap ports like Fallout 3, Orange box, etc yet they still sold millions.

5. I'm comparing apples to apples. It's 0.22m on wii in Japan vs .43m on ps3 in Japan. Nice spin you put there. This is despite coming out on Wii a year earlier and the Wii having  triple the userbase back then.

Take your own advise and don't be such a fanboy then you may realise why business people think porting to the Wii U is a waste of money. Just because you bought one copy of a game doesn't mean it sold well.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
A. I think the did this to Ps3 years ago. (which is kinda ironic now. maybe it was Activision). B. I'd like to know what their expectations to see how to compares to sales. At least that way wed be able to forsee the support

It was Activision. They pretty much said Sony needed to drop the PS3 price.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

vivster said:
Higher install base won't help. Ubi is practically demanding that they change their demographic.

No, they are just demanding they get back their wii demographic.  The secret game they want to release for it is towards family/kid friendly.

PS4 + ICE optimization + Sony first party pushing the console to limits >>>>>>>>>>>>> MS + CLOUDX12

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

DolPhanTendo said:
Like I said earlier in a post I posted, this guy is a fucking liar plain and simple. Ubisoft once Mario Kart starts leading Watch Dogs consistently each week and pulls ahead of it for good you will see Unisoft throw a kiddie tantrum and pull support completely. One there is no game completed for the Wii U and if they do release a game I'm a 1000 percent certain its a Rabbids HD remake that gets released.Hey Ubisoft see that rock right there go crawl back under it.

Wow, the fanboyism is strong with this one. You really think Ubisoft wont port to Wii U to "throw a kiddie tantrum" not because they won't make any money? Unbelievable. They are a business not a nintendo charity. You don't seem to want their games anyway so I'm not even sure why you care.

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

Translation: "You better get your grade up or we're taking your phone and laptop."

People might hate it, but they are right.

They still make games for XB1 because it's hardware setup is similar to that of PS4 and PC, so porting titles is cheaper. WiiU, not so much since it isn't like those three and it has the tgamepad controller which makes things even messier.

Yeah they could just skip adding gamepad features and just try to do a straight up port, but then people won't buy it and claim that is the reason for the not doing so. You know, "lazy devs" and all that stuff.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

How could there possibly be less games for the system?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

So Ubisoft is asking Nintendo to get their shit together if they want to see more releases from them? Seems fair to me.

phaedruss said:
DolPhanTendo said:
Like I said earlier in a post I posted, this guy is a fucking liar plain and simple. Ubisoft once Mario Kart starts leading Watch Dogs consistently each week and pulls ahead of it for good you will see Unisoft throw a kiddie tantrum and pull support completely. One there is no game completed for the Wii U and if they do release a game I'm a 1000 percent certain its a Rabbids HD remake that gets released.Hey Ubisoft see that rock right there go crawl back under it.

Games tend to sell the most in their first week or two I think it is. Do you really think Mario Kart or watch dogs will continue to sell in the numbers they sold when they first released? The point is, the first couple of weeks, even the first week are the most important time in terms of sales for game releases and Watch Dogs blew mario kart out of the water.

Wow ok. So you obviously only see the first week as way to make money. But if Marip ends up selling more overall in 3 month span who ends up maing more profits? You seem to forget Watch Dogs on PS4 has 2 million more owners, so it should outsell Mario Kart in the first week. Already said it would, its common sense. Look at the second week lol Mario only 2 thousand behind Watch Dogs in the U.S. lol