By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft CEO: “Nintendo has to perform this year, otherwise they will have less games”

Ubisoft are such dicks when they talk like this. The Wii U needs third party support to sell more and third party support won't come if it doesn't sell more. The 3 consoles are on equal footing at this point in time in terms of sales. Although, that probably won't last very long. The PS4 will continue to pull away and the xbox one and wii u will probably continue to lag further and further behind.

Around the Network
Jay70sgamer said:
Arcturus said:
fedfed said:
Sorry guys isn't the X1 performing worst than WiiU?
i mean isn't the market performing very badly overall?

Even though there are less Xbox One consoles on the market compared to Wii U consoles, Ubisoft's games still sell much better on Xbox One. For example, AC4 sold 0.79M on XOne versus 0.18 on WiiU.

I agree with your graph ..but put a graph of child of light,raymans legend and just dance 2014 and it will tell a different story than this graph as with the right type of games and right marketing wii u can sell on third parties ...just saying 

How about comparing all (retail) Ubisoft sales for Wii U and XBO instead of cherrypicking?

2.38 m sales on WiiU in 18.5 months = Ø 129k per month, 2.04 m sales on XBO in 6.5 months = Ø 314k per month

Or look at Ubisoft's revenue share (which includes digital sales): the XBO has twice the share of the Wii U in last fiscal year... although it was only available 4.5 months and the Wii U the whole year. Last quarter the XBO-revenue was 3.5 x the WiiU-revenue:  

Even if Ubisoft's XBO-share would be the same as the WiiU-share, porting PS4/PC-games to XBO would be much easier (and therefore cheaper) than porting PS4/PC-games to Wii U.

FarleyMcFirefly said:
sounds kind of arrogant of Ubisoft, pretty much "Yeah it doesn't meet our standards". Fuck em

But it doesn't. It's not arrogant, it's true.

Train wreck said:
TomaTito said:

You reap what you sow. Third parties don't sell because generations past they planted a few seeds in the Nintendo field but forgot to water them. Now it's become a barren unfertile land for them.

Thats odd, Ive yet to see a nintendo home console with more 1st party sales than 3rd party, wont be surprised to see the Wii U be the first though, coinciding with it being the worst home console they released to date in term of sales, profits and pretty much everything needed for a successful product.

So you consider the Virtual Boy a hand held.

Higher install base won't help. Ubi is practically demanding that they change their demographic.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Like I said earlier in a post I posted, this guy is a fucking liar plain and simple. Ubisoft once Mario Kart starts leading Watch Dogs consistently each week and pulls ahead of it for good you will see Unisoft throw a kiddie tantrum and pull support completely. One there is no game completed for the Wii U and if they do release a game I'm a 1000 percent certain its a Rabbids HD remake that gets released.Hey Ubisoft see that rock right there go crawl back under it.

A. I think the did this to Ps3 years ago. (which is kinda ironic now. maybe it was Activision). B. I'd like to know what their expectations to see how to compares to sales. At least that way wed be able to forsee the support

vivster said:
Higher install base won't help. Ubi is practically demanding that they change their demographic.

Exactly.

DolPhanTendo said:
Like I said earlier in a post I posted, this guy is a fucking liar plain and simple. Ubisoft once Mario Kart starts leading Watch Dogs consistently each week and pulls ahead of it for good you will see Unisoft throw a kiddie tantrum and pull support completely. One there is no game completed for the Wii U and if they do release a game I'm a 1000 percent certain its a Rabbids HD remake that gets released.Hey Ubisoft see that rock right there go crawl back under it.

Games tend to sell the most in their first week or two I think it is. Do you really think Mario Kart or watch dogs will continue to sell in the numbers they sold when they first released? The point is, the first couple of weeks, even the first week are the most important time in terms of sales for game releases and Watch Dogs blew mario kart out of the water.

Conina said:
Jay70sgamer said:

I agree with your graph ..but put a graph of child of light,raymans legend and just dance 2014 and it will tell a different story than this graph as with the right type of games and right marketing wii u can sell on third parties ...just saying 

How about comparing all (retail) Ubisoft sales for Wii U and XBO instead of cherrypicking?

2.38 m sales on WiiU in 18.5 months = Ø 129k per month, 2.04 m sales on XBO in 6.5 months = Ø 314k per month

Or look at Ubisoft's revenue share (which includes digital sales): the XBO has twice the share of the Wii U in last fiscal year... although it was only available 4.5 months and the Wii U the whole year. Last quarter the XBO-revenue was 3.5 x the WiiU-revenue:  

Even if Ubisoft's XBO-share would be the same as the WiiU-share, porting PS4/PC-games to XBO would be much easier (and therefore cheaper) than porting PS4/PC-games to Wii U.

Hell, you could also do it by 340k average per game on XB1 and 210k average per game on Wii U with more time to sell the games.