By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Stop putting half assed ports on Wii U 3rd party companies!

Do you think 3rd party should stop this laziness?

Yes, it pisses me off 297 71.91%

No, Wii U deserves piss poor ports 115 27.85%

Total:412
think-man said:
Devs can only put as much time into a game as they think it's going to sell. Devs aren't going to optimize the crap out of these games because no one buys them.

True story. Early PS3 ports were terrible last gen but people actually bought them. Eventually it became the lead platform. The sales of both 7th and 8th gen multiplats on the U are largely abysmal. The launch games in particular haven't done well at all.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

it's all about the green. would it sell anymore on the wiiu,if they actually put the effort into the ports? that should be the real question.

SubiyaCryolite said:
think-man said:
Devs can only put as much time into a game as they think it's going to sell. Devs aren't going to optimize the crap out of these games because no one buys them.

True story. Early PS3 ports were terrible last gen but people actually bought them. Eventually it became the lead platform. The sales of both 7th and 8th gen multiplats on the U are largely abysmal. The launch games in particular haven't done well at all.

Moral of the story is if they sell well devs will put more effort into them, until then take what you get. :/

You're "getting tired" of EA putting half-assed ports on WiiU?

They're not porting anything to WiiU anymore.  They haven't since launch (apart from 1 game which I'm told was a tremendous port).  So you've got nothing to worry about there.

Aside from that, games which will sell on WiiU are ported well.  Your Skylanders and Disney Infinity and stuff.  One of those games is from Activision!

The rest of the stuff doesn't sell.  To be honest, I'm not really sure why Assassin's Creed/Call of Duty is still coming to WiiU yearly because the profits on those games aren't very big.  But anyway, that's the reason the ports are half assed.  

I'm led to believe that the first CoD port - Black Ops 2 - was actually a pretty decent port job, but it didn't sell for shit.  They could've upped their game with Ghosts I suppose and seen if that garnered any more sales, but that would've been an uphill struggle.  So instead they went for the easy option.  Ghosts is tracking behind Black Ops 2, so I can't say I really blame them.

I do wonder if these kinds of games will keep getting ported so long as there remain last-gen versions.  Doesn't really seem worth it.  But who knows.

Im tired of half assed ports on PS3.
I think they should play like the PS4 version. I dont care if the hardware is weaker, but I feel like blaming the devs for lazyness because everyone knows the powah of teh cell can match the PS4.

Around the Network

Quiet you!

Crappy ports welcome! We love you, third parties!!

fps_d0minat0r said:
Im tired of half assed ports on PS3.
I think they should play like the PS4 version. I dont care if the hardware is weaker, but I feel like blaming the devs for lazyness because everyone knows the powah of teh cell can match the PS4.

Your analogy fails because Wii U is more powerful than PS3/360, not vice versa.

d21lewis said:
Quiet you!

Crappy ports welcome! We love you, third parties!!

That's the spirit!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Stop complaning! You should be VERY thankful that the WiiU is getting all those half-assed ports with missing features!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Oh god is this NintendoGchartz or something?

Do you think they are going to make a decent version of the game only for Wii U when it is the console where third party games have poor sales, and it is powerPC wich means it is a pain in the ass to port to it while on XOne/PS4 with x86-64 architecture is much easyer?