By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Stop putting half assed ports on Wii U 3rd party companies!

Do you think 3rd party should stop this laziness?

Yes, it pisses me off 297 71.91%

No, Wii U deserves piss poor ports 115 27.85%

Total:412

Gamers dont want to buy half ass ports, 3rd partys half assed ports dont sell, 3rd parties gimp games cause they dont sell. It is the circle of death.

Same issue happened with the Wii. 3rd parties didnt try, people didnt buy, 3rd parties abandoned the Wii. If people want good 3rd party support on the Wii U they have to go through buying inferior versions of games for some time. It is the way it is.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network
Uabit said:
Oh god is this NintendoGchartz or something?

Do you think they are going to make a decent version of the game only for Wii U when it is the console where third party games have poor sales, and it is powerPC wich means it is a pain in the ass to port to it while on XOne/PS4 with x86-64 architecture is much easyer?

It clearly is a mutually amicable relationship: third parties don't bother to make the games, or don't bother to make them well, and we don't bother to buy them.

Sans Need for Speed's valiant effort, the Ninja Gaiden 3 upgrade, Scribblenauts games, and the Arkham City port, there hasn't been a Wii U multiplat worth buying. There seems to be this implication that Nintendo gamers should buy crap first if they want the good stuff (and the Wii story tells us that even that road doesn't really lead anywhere).

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Third parties had very little confidence in the Wii U coming in and even less now.

Have all the test products been totally fair? No, probably not, but I doubt it would have made much of a difference. Does anyone really think any of these games would have taken off had the ports been equal?

Regardless, it's up to Nintendo to change that. It's their machine. If they want third-parties, they can go out and support them. The templates are out there, it's not like what Sony and Microsoft do are secrets. Business is about creating mutually beneficial relationships and Nintendo has mostly ignored that through much of their history.

You reap what you sow.

If people are serious about Nintendo consoles having third-party support then stop bad-mouthing them and tell Nintendo to get off their asses and start paying attention to the larger picture. It's up to them to make the effort. If they don't want to do that, that's fine too, it's their company, they can do what they want. Make no mistake, though, it's Nintendo's responsibility either way.

If Sony and Microsoft can do it, so can Nintendo. Everything else is just an excuse.

Mr Khan said:

It clearly is a mutually amicable relationship: third parties don't bother to make the games, or don't bother to make them well, and we don't bother to buy them.

Sans Need for Speed's valiant effort, the Ninja Gaiden 3 upgrade, Scribblenauts games, and the Arkham City port, there hasn't been a Wii U multiplat worth buying. There seems to be this implication that Nintendo gamers should buy crap first if they want the good stuff (and the Wii story tells us that even that road doesn't really lead anywhere).

But nobody bought any of those games you listed either (I know, I know, I shouldn't apply a blanket term when I'm sure many people on VGC bought those games - I'm talking about the general public).

If the reason is that a similar blanket "well we're not going to buy any third party games!" applies, then nothing is ever going to change.

(P.S. I thought Resident Evil was a decent multi-plat as well?  And Sonic Transformed.  And Rayman Legends.  And Disney Infinity.  And all the Skylanderses.  And Tekken.  And Darksiders.  AND SO ON!)

Kresnik said:
Mr Khan said:

But nobody bought any of those games you listed either (I know, I know, I shouldn't apply a blanket term when I'm sure many people on VGC bought those games - I'm talking about the general public).

If the reason is that a similar blanket "well we're not going to buy any third party games!" applies, then nothing is ever going to change.

(P.S. I thought Resident Evil was a decent multi-plat as well?  And Sonic Transformed.  And Rayman Legends.  And Disney Infinity.  And all the Skylanderses.  And Tekken.  And Darksiders.  AND SO ON!)

As far as a port from 3DS can go for Resident Evil. Sonic Transformed and Rayman Legends actually sold well.

What i was trying to go for (but muddied with my Scribblenauts inclusion) was the kind of multiplats that usually skip Nintendo platforms, M-rated or Western games.

Darksiders apparently wasn't that great of a port at the end of the day. Nor Tekken, afaik.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

As far as a port from 3DS can go for Resident Evil. Sonic Transformed and Rayman Legends actually sold well.

What i was trying to go for (but muddied with my Scribblenauts inclusion) was the kind of multiplats that usually skip Nintendo platforms, M-rated or Western games.

Darksiders apparently wasn't that great of a port at the end of the day. Nor Tekken, afaik.

I see.  You raise a valid point:

- Are the kinds of games which are bound to sell well on Nintendo platforms being ported to a higher standard; or is the fact that they're being ported to a higher standard the reason they sell better on Nintendo platforms?

I suspect the former.

Well, they stopped it, lol.
Enjoy the upcoming third-party games in super stable 30fps... in the YouTube app...

CDiablo said:
Gamers dont want to buy half ass ports, 3rd partys half assed ports dont sell, 3rd parties gimp games cause they dont sell. It is the circle of death.

Same issue happened with the Wii. 3rd parties didnt try, people didnt buy, 3rd parties abandoned the Wii. If people want good 3rd party support on the Wii U they have to go through buying inferior versions of games for some time. It is the way it is.

kinda like PS3 in the beginning, only difference is they didnt complain...much

Kresnik said:
Mr Khan said:

I see.  You raise a valid point:

- Are the kinds of games which are bound to sell well on Nintendo platforms being ported to a higher standard; or is the fact that they're being ported to a higher standard the reason they sell better on Nintendo platforms?

I suspect the former.

Almost definitely the former. As much as i hate that the state of affairs is the way it is, Nintendo essentially needs to pay to get a few third party success stories on their platforms before they'll be considered for top-tier development in general.

In this way, their rescue of Bayonetta and Devil's Third could be significant, assuming either or both games do decently well. The next step up, then, would be forming a Sony-like partnership with Destiny, big new 3rd party IP to make it best on Nintendo platforms (although this would only be possible from the outset if Nintendo had competitive hardware. Hence the conundrum).

Ultimately they're doing an okay job seeking alternate resources, like the Tecmo-Koei and Sega partnerships, Bayonetta and Devil's Third, they just need to greatly expand the quantity of such efforts, without throwing money at any old project, good or bad.

Mr Khan said:
Kresnik said:
Mr Khan said:

i wouldnt call Sonic or Rayman selling well. Has the bar really dropped that low?

But if they usually skip Ninty platforms that is even MORE reason for the games to do well since they dont usually get them. Why arent WIi U owners like man i usually dont play that im there! That tells me that they arent that interested to begin with or maybe they rather play it on another system they own.

The last sentence is BS and thats the nonsense im talking about. IVe personally played Tekken on Wii U and it runs just as fine as the PS3 version. This whole its not a great port is crap that people use to justify a game not selling well. Most of the ports are in fact NOT crap.