By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Stop putting half assed ports on Wii U 3rd party companies!

Do you think 3rd party should stop this laziness?

Yes, it pisses me off 297 71.91%

No, Wii U deserves piss poor ports 115 27.85%

Total:412
Mr Khan said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
The only ports I'd consider "bad" are those with low or inconsistent performance and I'd blame Nintendo's R&D department for that.

We're talking about the ones with removed modes of all sorts, more. Like Splinter Cell Blacklist missing co-op, or Arkham Origins missing multiplayer.

They do that because they know its not worth the investment with Nintendos installed base. These people watch consumer activity and pay attention to sales. 

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Khan said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
The only ports I'd consider "bad" are those with low or inconsistent performance and I'd blame Nintendo's R&D department for that.

We're talking about the ones with removed modes of all sorts, more. Like Splinter Cell Blacklist missing co-op, or Arkham Origins missing multiplayer.

They do that because they know its not worth the investment with Nintendos installed base. These people watch consumer activity and pay attention to sales. 

Again, though, cyclical. If they give the platform the inferior version, why not expect Wii U owners to go elsewhere? And if you're then encouraging them to go elsewhere, why develop for Wii U at all?

It's the same madness to do with Call of Duty on Wii U, really.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

oh yeah, good idea. tell them to stop making games for the wiiu.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Define port? because all multiplat are ports.

you want what? third party exclusives?!

Mr Khan said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Khan said:
SubiyaCryolite said:

Again, though, cyclical. If they give the platform the inferior version, why not expect Wii U owners to go elsewhere? And if you're then encouraging them to go elsewhere, why develop for Wii U at all?

They develop for the Wii U because Nintendo asked them at the last minute. This is why they get late ports. The DLC is based upon the sales. I believe DLC isnt even worth it if your sales are below a certain point. 

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
Im tired of half assed ports on PS3.
I think they should play like the PS4 version. I dont care if the hardware is weaker, but I feel like blaming the devs for lazyness because everyone knows the powah of teh cell can match the PS4.

Your analogy fails because Wii U is more powerful than PS3/360, not vice versa.

Thats not my analogy though. In my analogy the wii U would take PS3's place.

Anyway, what the wii U is more powerful at than the PS360 isnt going to bring much more advantages than higher native resolution and better frame-rates, which it already is getting. OP also fails to mention theres PLENTY of games on PS3 and 360 which frequently drop below 30fps.

fps_d0minat0r said:
curl-6 said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
Im tired of half assed ports on PS3.
I think they should play like the PS4 version. I dont care if the hardware is weaker, but I feel like blaming the devs for lazyness because everyone knows the powah of teh cell can match the PS4.

Your analogy fails because Wii U is more powerful than PS3/360, not vice versa.

Thats not my analogy though. In my analogy the wii U would take PS3's place.

Anyway, what the wii U is more powerful at than the PS360 isnt going to bring much more advantages than higher native resolution and better frame-rates, which it already is getting. OP also fails to mention theres PLENTY of games on PS3 and 360 which frequently drop below 30fps.

THe Wii U isnt that much more powerful than the 360. It just had more ram, really. Nintendo really should've consulted with third party before making their console so they could have a fighting chance for the next gen, but of course...you cant expect that of Nintendo. Wishful thinking really.

Mr Khan said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Khan said:
SubiyaCryolite said:

Im not sure about DLC but online modes might be removed because of fewer players online. I dont own a single CoD game on the Wii U but I understand the number of players online is tiny compared to every other platform. If one of the biggest console multiplayer games has so little activity relatively smaller games like Batman AO cant really be blamed for ditching the feature entirely.

In Tekken it can take anywere from 10 seconds to 3 minutes to find a friendly or ranked game and thats with players from all over the world (not just one region). Othere games I play online [on PC] like Dirt 2, Battlefield (BC2, 3 and 4), Super Street Fighter IV and even Skull Girls connect almost instantly. Im guessing there are less people online.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Mr Khan said:

Almost definitely the former. As much as i hate that the state of affairs is the way it is, Nintendo essentially needs to pay to get a few third party success stories on their platforms before they'll be considered for top-tier development in general.

In this way, their rescue of Bayonetta and Devil's Third could be significant, assuming either or both games do decently well. The next step up, then, would be forming a Sony-like partnership with Destiny, big new 3rd party IP to make it best on Nintendo platforms (although this would only be possible from the outset if Nintendo had competitive hardware. Hence the conundrum).

Ultimately they're doing an okay job seeking alternate resources, like the Tecmo-Koei and Sega partnerships, Bayonetta and Devil's Third, they just need to greatly expand the quantity of such efforts, without throwing money at any old project, good or bad.

They need to look up and realize that the gaming world no longer centers on Japan.  They do an okay job with their partnerships over there but they completely fail when it comes to western developers that aren't Ubisoft.  We have so many smaller publishers over here looking for any competitive advantage they can get.  Nintendo could easily sweeten the deal by paying for ports.  Are NoA/NoE dropping the ball?  Are they being hamstrung by the home office?  I don't know but it needs to be sorted and it CAN be sorted.  Any problem they have with third-parties can be solved, if they're willing to make the investment.

pokoko said:

They need to look up and realize that the gaming world no longer centers on Japan.  They do an okay job with their partnerships over there but they completely fail when it comes to western developers that aren't Ubisoft.  We have so many smaller publishers over here looking for any competitive advantage they can get.  Nintendo could easily sweeten the deal by paying for ports.  Are NoA/NoE dropping the ball?  Are they being hamstrung by the home office?  I don't know but it needs to be sorted and it CAN be sorted.  Any problem they have with third-parties can be solved, if they're willing to make the investment.

Ive always wondered. What does Nintendo of America actually DO

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine